LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Cartuning GXP/LS4 Turbo Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ask him about the bashing he's taking from the Magnum/Charger guys? Makes him look real bad...but I'm sure if it's not totally true, he's got his attorney on it and he likely cannot/will not comment.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats shop in kansas city are you taking this thing to.

i live in kansas city, hence me being curious. i you have hptuners, which is a really good idea. i can help you with it. i however am no where near respondsable for trans errors, nor is any dyno shop in kc.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Man, if the wifes Impala wasnt brand new, I'd be forking down all the cash Kevin wanted for that setup. Just read the manual and that is specific. Daddy likes.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

I love my car
Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

What? No elevens yet, Jay?!?!?!

And where the hell were you two weeks ago? I thought we'd get to see the beast firsthand at the GM show??? Disappointed in you, man.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Did you ask him about the bashing he's taking from the Magnum/Charger guys? Makes him look real bad...but I'm sure if it's not totally true, he's got his attorney on it and he likely cannot/will not comment.
Can you give more details or a link or anything?
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
What? No elevens yet, Jay?!?!?!

And where the hell were you two weeks ago? I thought we'd get to see the beast firsthand at the GM show??? Disappointed in you, man.

lol he needs some slicks.. Come on man swap out those front disc brakes for some stock gt's, get some 16" rims, slicks and get into the mid-low 11's.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
Can you give more details or a link or anything?
Go back one page...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM

If Kevin doesn't mind I'll post a link or create a sticky, but only once he gives the go ahead. I'd hate for someone to take his hard work and create their own kit from it, 'cause like I said his instructions are detailed. I'm not trying to be difficult but I've tried to be helpful before with my F=body forced induction kit designs on this forum and had them ripped off; not saying any of the regulars here would do it, but we all know someone would try...
Old 08-25-2008, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking for the hoods the guys were talking about in the Grand Prix Hood thread and i found this site.....with Kevin's kit on it

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/WB3007/MOUNDE...3L+LS4+V8.html

thought it was interesting to see it for sale somewhere other than directly form him
Old 08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

It's probably drop-shipped from him, but at least you can feel secure buying from a reputable shop, if you're concerned about what was said over with the Dodge forum.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

yup, you can get it at PFYC, and that's my car on the dyno in the vids

As for the GM show, I'm not much of a car show guy to be honest...lol And my car is really my daily commuter car, I haven't gone back to the track, don't feel like it either, I'm just enjoying
Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GXPJAY

As for the GM show, I'm not much of a car show guy to be honest...lol And my car is really my daily commuter car, I haven't gone back to the track, don't feel like it either, I'm just enjoying
sniff sniff....no offense to you Jay because your car was a big step for us LS4 guys but Cartuning has some elephants in the room they need to explain before any of us can feel safe.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Meh, it's the internet, 95% of the time the only thing you'll read on the internet.....is bad things.

Which is why I don't really come around much, I LOVE the car, Cartuning is great, car runs strong, I can kill pretty much anything I encounter on the roads and the people don't even know what's going on since it's a Grand Pa car...lol

With that said I have been thinking about selling for a while and I might be changing cars in the fall so someone can buy my kit at a great price! lol Apparently I can't tow a boat and a couple of ATV's behind the GXP Oh well, I like changing cars!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Originally Posted by GXPJAY

Interesting story. It's ashame that I won't be able to do the same to my car unless I come across some spare money, but it is nice to see that you made it come to light.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Anything lately? I just put Kevins kit in my Murci bodied fiero and I only have the rough tune. We'll be loading the info for Kevin to do his final tune and then to the dyno for a little fine tuning.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He sold his kit and his car long ago.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dratts
Anything lately? I just put Kevins kit in my Murci bodied fiero and I only have the rough tune. We'll be loading the info for Kevin to do his final tune and then to the dyno for a little fine tuning.
-update- I bought the kit. Ditched the meth, maf, and cut out. Running 2 bar tune, E85, and only 6 psi. Saving up for trans. Thought I’d have it this year, but it’s looking like it will be next year. After that I will be turning up the boost. If your looking for a good build thread check out these guys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...ld-header.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...01-126mph.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...ld-thread.html
Old 02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gxpjay
hi all,

incase you weren't aware, cartuning performance (owned/operated by kevin) has been in the process of developing a turbo kit for the ls4 cars (gxp and monte/imp ss) since early in the year and we are finally at the end of the road and ready to go.

I just want to clarify my role in this whole thing, i do not work for cartuning, i don't get paid for turbo kit sales or anything like that. Kevin used my car to build the prototype and test the kit and we now have the production kit on my car so any questions about pricing/availability will need to be sent to kevin at kevin@cartuning.ca but if you want to talk about the kit and the parts and how it drives etc. Please feel free to ask me.

**edit, here are the pics, details below**

please note that this is not the exact kit that you would get when you buy it from cartuning. I don't have any ceramic coating on the pipes, and the intake tubing for the inlet to the turbo will not be yellow and black....lol even though this is the "production" kit because i am the test car i don't have the fancy stuff you will get with the kit.

video is of it reving with cutout closed, then open. See guys the kit is real!! Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzh3npoayo

kit details:

-intercooled kit with turbonetics t66 turbo at 10psi
-42lbs injectors
-lt1 maf
-2.5" downpipe with high flow cat, includes a electric cutout placed before the cat
-all pipes ceramic coated
-160 degree t-stat
-fuel pump re-wire
-water injection kit
-shift kit
-locar tranny dip stick
-special surprise for pcm programming

it comes as a complete kit, ready to bolt on with all the bells and whistles.

Drivability:

Only one word can describe this....insane. The car is amazing, the turbo really wakes up the car. Even though stock, the car isn't too slow, with the turbo kit on it makes the world of a difference. I drove the car stock for 3 months after the prototype was on the car and let me say that it sucked, the car should have come with this from gm. While driving 60mph i just step on the gas and she peels the tires. While cruising if i punch it in second it peels second, and peels after shifting into third as well. The power is insane. Not to mention how amazing the car now sounds with the cutout open!! Wow! Because it's a higher compression v8 you really do not notice lag from the turbo, i drove a v6 grand prix with the same turbo and it was really laggy. One thing though is that the torque steer is crazy, when you step on the gas you need to be holding on with 2 hands because she goes a bit crazy.

It's very hard to describe in words, i would be happy to give someone a ride in the car so they can help describe it for everyone. During the last weekend of september i am taking a road trip, from toronto through detroit to cedar point, oh then from cedar point to syracuse, ny then back to toronto if anyone is on my way through i would be happy to take you for a spin.

Looks:

The kit looks amazing, the routing of the pipes and quality of the fit and finish is amazing. Not to mention the nice polished t66 turbo right there!! Kevin will be taking some good pictures of the kit a little later on.

Numbers:

We are heading to the dyno within the week to see what she puts down, we had 385whp and 388ft. Lbs from the prototype kit at 8psi no alky so we are hoping for some really good numbers with the production kit at 10psi with alky.

Also i will be heading to the track within the next few weeks, i will be running the car in street trim, stock tires, stock everything. We will not hit a super low et because of the traction issues with the stock tires, but we expect a very significant mph which will show the true potential of the kit.

Conclusion:

With this turbo kit on the gxp, i am driving a beast of a machine, i usually change cars every 6 months to a year because i get bored but honestly there is nothing out there that can compete that i can think of. Compared to other v6 grand prix's this car has the looks, the handling, the brakes and the insane power, i had a 98 gtp with heads, cartuning turbo kit and dynotech tranny, 18's and suspension upgrades running 18psi of boost and this blows that away hands down.the turbo gxp runs in the same league as a turbo v6 with heads, cam, manifolds etc. Etc. Etc. Where there is almost no more you can get out of the car. So remember, this is a bolted on turbo kit only, there is so much more potential in the car once you add rockers or a cam, better flowing heads, 7l block, you know, lots of options lol. Wait till you see what happens when cartuning releases a new rear manifold for the kit (stock one is really, really, really bad for flow to the turbo). It made a huge difference on the v6 kit with a new rear manifold, i would say the rear manifold on the gxp is 500% worse for flow so the difference will be night and day.

Who wants to be #2 turbo ls4?

Questions?

Jay
i want to be next lol i cant wait till i can afford to do that to my impala omg thats so sexy!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:16 PM

When can we buy this? And how much?

Quick Reply: Cartuning GXP/LS4 Turbo Update