LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow

I know I'll probably get killed(@ least virtually) for asking a question that has more than likely been asked and answered before, but here it goes:
How many of you are running the magnaflow system and is it actually bolt on? Will the Hogan down pipe and high flow cat bolt up to it as well?Appreciate your help and willingly take your abuse.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did it a week ago and i love it. I've never done any exhaust work before, and i have shitty tools. It took me 3.5 hours. My only qualm is that the tips stick out really far :-/
Old 09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. How much did the system cost?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

$503 (free shipping too) and i received it in under two days before they even charged my credit card-----after i was told it would take over a week because it would come from california???

www.performancepeddler.com call their toll free number, set up an account while telling them you are a member of www.clubgp.com (you are a member, arent you? if not you should be!) they will knock like a hundred off the best price they have online as well as anything else you may buy for your car from them in the future. Nice people too.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Mike, the Hogan should bolt up just fine in place of the stocker and work well in conjunction with the MF system.. However, you may get a code, even with the high-flow cat. Some do, some don't. If you can disable it, great...if not, you may want to look into getting some sort of tune to do so.

Not sure what deft is driving, and I can't assume that being a member of CGP means he has a GP, but i also hated how big and how far the tips stuck out on my imp...so much that i paid about $80 for other tips and had them installed when i got it welded up.

The install is really quite simple, given the right tools. I believe all you need (after getting the stocker out) is a pair of new Grade 8 bolts & nuts to join up the old (or new) DP and the MF system, and a 15mm deepsocket to crank on the supplied clamps.

In the end, it's worth it to have a shop weld it up...but you don't need to rush to have that done...the clamps are the best in the biz.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

In addition to getting different tips like Buff did, someone over at NAIOA had the tips that came with the system cut down, or something, and they look good. Not sure if that guy is lurking around ls1tech though.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by deft
$503 (free shipping too) and i received it in under two days before they even charged my credit card-----after i was told it would take over a week because it would come from california???

www.performancepeddler.com call their toll free number, set up an account while telling them you are a member of www.clubgp.com (you are a member, arent you? if not you should be!) they will knock like a hundred off the best price they have online as well as anything else you may buy for your car from them in the future. Nice people too.
Yo my Man... $503? Website says: $725, with your $100 ClubGP Discount we're at $625 How did you manage the extra $122 off??? Curious minds would like to know...
Old 09-28-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, i have a gxp......but as for the tips, they are beautiful. I would not want to lose them. It seems like someone with the proper tools could just cut the piece the tips clamp to down by about 3-4 inches and the tips would be flush with the rear bumper.

As for the price, just follow the instructions, there is an online club gp discount and a phone version.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they are really nice lookin tips once you get them sitting flush with the bumper. I know when I get the system I want to keep those tips and just get them cut down so they fit.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll definitely be going this route.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike -

I got the M/F system from Summit, same $500 price range. Shipping for Mich. is usually next day for ground, two at the most.

System like Buff said is top notch, mine's been clamped for 36K and one winter, so it's probably not going to ever loosen up on it's own.

Buff helped me get new tips on mine, I didn't like how the M/F tips looked or stuck out. I went for stock appearing tips, which the Chevys are single / dual, not dual / dual like the Pontiac.