LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Back from the track...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 SS
Tell you what, last night got to go for a ride in my buddy's '06 6-spd Goat and I am totally hooked on the LS2 right now. Going to check out the finances and he might part with it next Spring. It was an eye-opening experience, let me tell you. That is where I would go for my $25k+ toy car.
I had an 06 LS2 Goat.See (https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=12) It was bad ***! If you've got the money, you can't touch the performance, hp and torque for the price. It's a 4 seat vette. Get one! Get one now! If my wife and kid weren't afraid of them now, or I could afford the second payment I would get another one in a heartbeat!

Last edited by mikeroot2; 11-01-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: link
Old 11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
I had an 06 LS2 Goat.See (https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=12) It was bad ***! If you've got the money, you can't touch the performance, hp and torque for the price. It's a 4 seat vette. Get one! Get one now! If my wife and kid weren't afraid of them now, or I could afford the second payment I would get another one in a heartbeat!
That's a LOT of money!!! And a BUT-*** ugly car!

I know we have ALL done this... Gotten out of our car and took a glance back while walking away and thought "cool car."

Well... everybody but the goat owners. J/K.!!!

Cruising by the high school in a GTO or a Z-28.... The kids will pick.... duh. The T-tops.

And... I'll toss my $8800+ bolt-ons Camaro out against a bolt-on ONLY LS2 GTO anytime...
I DO. I HAVE lost once out of 3 cars raced... I have learned about Stall convertors at RSD the hard way... Through the wallet.

But for cripes sake... $1500 for headers and a y pipe? OUCH!

The GTO has the same probs as the front drivers... HALFSHAFTS! Wheelhop can be fixed but MO' DOUGH.

Also you have a heft concern.

Anyway I'm here to see how the LS4 is fairing. Sounds like a great car to buy but not for about 2 years on the used market.

Last edited by nickate; 11-01-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the GTO's because they are almost invisible, just like the Impy. A nice silver one would do nicely (his is red, but he would make me a good deal, bought it under his employee discount and only paid about 28 out the door and he wants a Tahoe now. I could robably pick it up for whatever the dealer offers him for trade in. Of course I have been without a ragtop for about 4 years now and I get the itch for one from time to time. I guess I could make do with a C5 'vert (C6 is still too high for a toy), but the Holden was a good ride!
Old 11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nickate
That's a LOT of money!!! And a BUT-*** ugly car! Cruising by the high school in a GTO or a Z-28.... The kids will pick.... duh. The T-tops.
Sorry. I didn't know it was about impressing the kiddies. LOL
How much horsepower do those t - tops add anyway?

And... I'll toss my $8800+ bolt-ons Camaro out against a bolt-on ONLY LS2 GTO anytime...
I DO. I HAVE lost.
A STOCK GTO is all you need, to beat a Camaro.

Camaros are sweet, I've had a Z. The GTO would kick its ***. My buddy had a 1997 Z, we screwed around racing many times, he lost everyone of them.

Same probs? independent rear suspension a prob? I liked the better handling and ride.

Also I was replying to the post by 06SS about the LS2 GTO. And looks are always a matter of opinion. If he is checking into the finaincing I guess the not so impressive to the kiddies look doesn't bother him.
But I'm sure he'll admire your sharp looking car and T-tops as he's blowing by you.
No hard feelings man, just razzing and havin' fun.

The reason people don't like GTO's is because they don't have one.
Sorry to seem like I'm going off, but I LOVED my GTO and it's still a soft spot with me.

Last edited by mikeroot2; 11-01-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Camaros are sweet, I've had a Z. The GTO would kick its ***. My buddy had a 1997 Z, we screwed around racing many times, he lost everyone of them.

But I'm sure he'll admire your sharp looking car and T-tops as he's blowing by you.

Sorry to seem like I'm going off, but I LOVED my GTO and it's still a soft spot with me.
THAT'S FUNNY!!! (but what do they say: "love is blind"?)

My car stock ran a 13.4 in 2002 (w/ no T-Tops - sorry! ). That's before the mods.

I fear no GTO in the Z. I will say that the LS2 GTO was a good step in the right direction, there's a nice yellow one around here.

I've said it before, nice to know we benchmark a brand new car to a "has been" 5 - 10 year old.

It would be cool if maybe next spring we all could hook up on a weekend on either side of the state. Although if you get the chance, US131 Dragway is a sweet track. Stop by and I'll buy lunch.

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 11-01-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

I think he's just trying to say that the Camaro is the better looking car...and...it's true. The GTO really doesn't have much character to speak for. However....they are beasts and even I flirted with the idea of buying one. The fact is, the GTO is a newer more elegant car on the interior and would probably be nicer to drive in the end. One fatal error for me.....Lack of storage space. Why the hell didn't they make those seats come down in the back? Always something GM...always something.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I was just giving him a little crap for the "kick it's ***" comment.

I shopped the GTO against my MCSS, agree with your interior thoughts. An hour or so in the Z and I get back in the MCSS.

Still buying lunch next spring if anyone stops by ...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Hey, it's cool. I can dish it out and I have no problem taking it. I actually was looking for an 02 SS Camaro or Firehawk when I got the GTO. Sweet cars!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Default Poor boy... can anybody please school this gentleman...

Sorry. I didn't know it was about impressing the kiddies. LOL
How much horsepower do those t - tops add anyway?

Same probs? independent rear suspension a prob? I liked the better handling and ride.

Also I was replying to the post by 06SS about the LS2 GTO. And looks are always a matter of opinion. If he is checking into the finaincing I guess the not so impressive to the kiddies look doesn't bother him.

into the two little differences between a '97 and '98 on up?

I got the headlights...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Default What's with all the references to school and kids?

Originally Posted by nickate
into the two little differences between a '97 and '98 on up?

I got the headlights...
Who asked about the differences between a 97 and 98 & up?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
It would be cool if maybe next spring we all could hook up on a weekend on either side of the state. Although if you get the chance, US131 Dragway is a sweet track. Stop by and I'll buy lunch.
Sounds like a plan. I'll fast for a week before you buy lunch though
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Default If you carefully read his post you'll read about a 1997 '97 Z that was beat...

by the GTO. Can you tell the big diff. between a 1997 and a 1998-up? This will also explain the beating he spoke of.

Please go back and re-read for the clue! lol!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Default If you carefully read his post you'll read about a 1997 '97 Z that was beat...

I mean YOUR POST...

by the GTO. Can you tell the big diff. between a 1997 and a 1998-up? This will also explain the beating he spoke of.

Please go back and re-read for the clue! lol!

I'll help. 1993-1997=LT1=low14's stock.

1998-2002=LS1 L S 1 LS 1 = 13.30-13.40's STOCK.

I am and have always spoke of a LS powered car.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Fair enough. Who's clues? Blues clues!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

nickate, you're sarcasm is great. it's nice to know there are other people out there capable of giving and taking ****. having fun with it, and not taking it personal.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

it's nice to know there are other people out there capable of giving and taking ****. having fun with it, and not taking it personal.[/QUOTE]

My toilet at my house always takes **** from me and I don't think that it has to much fun with it...........and its always personal....lol
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a plan. I'll fast for a week before you buy lunch though
All the finest roller hotdogs and nachos $10 will buy ... (kidding!)

The cool Budweiser sign wasn't on the building the last time I was there.

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 11-03-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Default Hey... What state of tune are these cars in and ...

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
All the finest roller hotdogs and nachos $10 will buy ... (kidding!)

The cool Budweiser sign wasn't on the building the last time I was there.
More importantly... what did they go 1/4 mi. mph?

I'm curious as the SS's look lots cooler! Great pics!

My regular car(2000) with ONLY a K&N went 13.47@107.

With Pacesetter LT's, no cat x-over LS6 intake and tune went 12.78@112 but on a COLD night!
A cam ONLY change is coming this winter but I'm still deciding which one. The car was made late in 00 so it has the 241 heads. Whew.

My 98 with a 4.10 gear, lid and LOUD muffler (came that way) went 13.40@106.

My 98 1LE (yup) went 13.38@108 with a lid as the only mod.

None of these times had 60' better than 2.10 as I like my rearend and will not use sticky tires.

I only still have the 00. Looks like I'm a bragging butthole saying I have 3 cars but I don't.

I DO have 3 credit cards though.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

My slips are packed somewhere downstairs, so I don't know the details off the top of my head. #'s are very similar to yours IIRC. I know that what kept me off of the sub 13.1 was that I didn't keep WOT on the 2-3 shift.

The "SS" option didn't add a whole lot to the 1/4 mile stats. Where it does pull / walk is on the straight aways above 70 from the better breathing hood (my hood is now really bypassed by SLP's P/N 21033).

The blue one (mine) has the usual lid and filter, SLP cold air inductor, programming, GMS 3" y-pipe, GMMG exhaust to name a few. I could only launch @ 2200 rpms due to traction.

The red one (friend's) ran a 13.6 best. It's a '99, so he doesn't have the clutch or intake mine had from the factory. he could launch @ 3500 rpms w no problems.

My car has only 9500 miles on it, so I'm torn between storing it, selling it, or sending it out to get the 427 optioning from GMMG or Katech. Plans are to add a 4.10 rear end if so.

And yes, I paid the $4000 to get the SS hood, spoiler and rims because it looked bad *** back then. I would still spend the money today.

Sounds like the winter will be fun for you ...

Last edited by Kazmaniac; 11-04-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Default I think your car (Navy Blue) is the sharpest Camaro they ever made...

The car has the perfect look and the wheels compliment the car's proportions.
I've always been a used guy so I can't bring myself to pay the jing for the SS option even though it's sharp.

The best mod I've made is the seat change. Again-- I couldn't bring myself to pay $$$ for a T/A or Formula where the seats are FREE!

Later and thanks for keeping it light as that's why we're all here!