Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, a price please.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well its actually been 8 days sence my order. I assumed sence when i ordered it on ebay it said there was "2 in stock" that they where already made.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

10 days now sence i ordered my r1concepts , no reply to emails
Old 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Jeez, that sounds a bit excessive.

Communication is key that is for sure in online selling.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Finally got a tracking number in my email they never responded to any of my emails.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

I know it's late. But I did promise better pictures of my rotors when I got around to rotating the tires... so here goes...
These have been on the car for around 5K now.
Attached Thumbnails Wapring Rotors on 06 Impy SS-p1070102.jpg   Wapring Rotors on 06 Impy SS-p1070103.jpg  
Old 12-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Launching!

where did you order your from magna
Old 12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

As posted above.... here is a link. It might be a dead auction. But last I looked they are still sold.

Originally Posted by MagnaPilot
Okay, here is what I have. I'm sorry for the poor pics. I will have full pictures in a week or so when I rotate the tires.

Again, these are Ebay rotors, you can find them here:

ACUAuto Rotors

They sell them as Front and Rear sets, or just Front. These are cross drilled only. I personally wasn't looking for slotted rotors, I was mostly interested in brake fade, warping and heat. It's debatable I know, but this is what I wanted.

Anywho. These rotors are apparently made from AutoStar blanks, I don't know much about them, other than this was the box they came in, with the original part number.

I ordered mine plated and hub painted. The hub paint was useless, and kinda thin, I wouldn't recommend it really, but its neither here nor there. The plated at first seemed useless as well, during the bedding of the rotors, they looked like **** at first, and were a bit noisy. These rotors aren't completly smooth at first, and will take a couple days to fully smooth out. With that said, I took them through a mountain run right after doing a proper pad bed in. They still did great, and I didn't have any fade or issues otherwise even though they were a bit noisy.

Now that I've had them for about 4k miles or so, they are as quiet as stock. With only occasional squeaking while backup up when they are cold. The design of the rotors is the common radial pattern from center. They have what looks like a divot around the over all hole, then as smaller bore afterwords. I haven't had any issues with rusting or otherwise.

Again I'll try to get better pics later. The last two were taken tonight (yes it's dirty as hell). The first one, is the day I installed, you can look closely and see that they were a bit rough at first.

As for ACU, they were okay. Given that I requested plating and paint, they took about 3 days to process. They don't really communicate with you unless you prompt them first. Not the best Ebayer, but not the worst. The parts got here, and I was happy.

Sorry for the long post.