LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

New here but question about issue with my Impala SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here but question about issue with my Impala SS

Hey guys, im new here and im glad i found this site.. To know a little more about me before i address my issue. I Just recently bought my brand new 2007 Impala SS on Jan 5, 2008 and it now has 1100 miles on it. Took advantage of that 0 percent APR since the 08 where in. As for the car, i love the car.. I use to own a 01 grand prix gt and its tranny started to go around 106000 miles which was common for that car. Surprising, i got 4300 dollars for that car as a trade in. Anyway, the impy is great.. finally got the chance to race my first car and it was a Mazda 6. I drive this car on the highway like a normal driver. 65 to 70mph in a 55 is the max i will go.. Just bc my car is fast doesnt give me the right to drive it 75+ to show off to the cars you past b/c most likely that person u past isnt going to follow u and say wow your car is fast lol.. But I was doing 70 in a 55 and i was in the fast lane and this mazda 6 came up right on me and tailgated me. So i was like sweet so i pulled back over into the slow lane to have him passed. Once he pasted, i hit the gas and showed him im not going to let him think he owns the road. So i decided to tailgate him. He contined to go faster but i continued to stay on his bumper as he was going faster. At about 100 i decided to attempt to pass him and it was a slow pass but i had the power over him. I continued to pull away and hit about 135 before i let off and turned on my hazards to show him who was the winner and i let him fly past me and continue on. I gotta say his car was quick for a mazda but not fast enough..

Ok now that u read all of that haha here is my issue. For the past 2 days i started to get a foul but faint gas smell inside the car when i used the remote starter with the heat running. It would do it as i was driving as well with the heat on.. I just took it to the dealer tonight and waiting for tomm for the answer. The reason im posting is my grand prix went in with the same issue and it came out with no solution from 3 dealers. So has anyone noticed this in there LS4 cars at all since the fuel systems are the same im sure. Is it normal for it ebing a new car breaking everything in.. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

oh and i did a quick look and didnt find any leaks but i could of missed one
Old 01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

I've owned 3 W-Body cars, MC-OOss, MC-O1ss, and current MC-O7ss and i have never heard or had this problem. I am sure someone though in this forum prob can answer that though. The only prob i have is shimmy in my steering wheel for no good reason on highway (super annyoing). Congrats on new car.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because there is no leaks dosn't really mean anything. I had a hole in my gas tank and it took a dealership 3 days to find it and there wasn't any leaking. The only way they found it was because finally the gas-cap warning came on and the tank wasn't pressurizing
Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great... another 16 year old driving 135+ miles per hour... racing a family sedan like it's an Indy car or something. Nice of you to show the Maxda guy that he doesn't own the roads but I have news for you... you don't own them either!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

if your calling me the 16 year old, your wrong there, im 21 im sure a few of you have gone that fast before once in your life... but i know i dont own the road either. like i said i drive the car no more than 70. i dont see the point of driving it faster unless u need too. i just wanted to show the guy who came up on me that his fast driving doesnt mean he owns the road so i showed him who was the real winner. He obviously thought his car was faster then everyone elses. Also i been waiting for a small race with someone so i had too lol..

As for the problem.. i got the car back today with no problems.. took them forever to give me a call though, but the guys said he checked everything including the recall there was for a 2007 impala and everything was replaced and working fine before i bought the car. He said its the exhaust burning up the oils and substances since the car is brand new and being broke in..

Last edited by steveman0018; 01-16-2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: mis spelling
Old 01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Hey, they put a top speed limiter there for a reason... That's the speed they want you to stop at and not until it gets there.

On to your issue, Does this happen only after you've eaten beans, cabbage, or drank alot of cheap beer? I ask cause it's happened in both your last cars and You
are the common denominator here.

Welcome to the forum you 21 year old speed demon. Remember you have only broken the law if you get caught. or something like that.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

haha no.. that be funny though.. the problem i had with my grand prix was that i never smelled it, but when i came out of the car, i smelled like i cut the lawn.. Not a good thing when u pick up a girl to here her complaining she smells like gasoline lol.. It only seemed to happen when i had the AC on in the old car.. This one was like the opposite where u could smell it but not on your cloths. The smell has seemed to have gone away now.. it comes here and now but i guess they were right that its just the car breaking itself in.. I wish i was a mechanic and knew all this stuff, but instead im a systems integration tech which i install huge systems consisting of anything of plasmas, lcd projectors and connecting equipment to do anything from showing you whats on tv to controlling that tv miles away.. Unless you can fit a 50 inch tv in your car, i have no idea about much of anything with the technical work of a car lol..

About the speed limiter, i heard it was set to 140 which i guess if its set that high, the indy car family sedan of mine can handle it haha just playin man, but my old car had 200hp with 175 lb ft of tourque which blew and was set to 108mph.. i had to see what the car had since i never gone more then 108mph lol
Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you executed a flyby....
Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Your car will do more than 140. Take my word. Or try it.

The writer of this post(mikeroot2) does not condone in any way speeding, reckless, carless or stupid *** driving.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mikeroot2
Your car will do more than 140. Take my word. Or try it.

The writer of this post(mikeroot2) does not condone in any way speeding, reckless, carless or stupid *** driving.
Way to cover your ***!