LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Down pipe and u bend delete installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down pipe and u bend delete installed

I had Curtis at Hogan send me a 3" down pipe and a 3" outlet a few months ago. Last week I finally found a guy who was willing to do the install for me and wow what a difference! No codes and no complaints.

Install: It took about an hour and a half and we used the stock cat. The rear outlet pipe from the stock cat was replaced with 3' of 3" pipe that was reduced down to 2 1/2 in order to fit the stock pipe just before the split. The rest of the system is stock, and will be replaced shortly. No resonator.

Sound: At idle the engine sounds a lot smoother. It's not as grumbley and at cruise the sound is very tame. I can tell by the sound, that the engine is not as taxed. Everything just sounds so mellow.

Performance: Total wow factor. Right off idle, theres still plenty of snap and tire chirp. Going into 1/2 throttle from a roll equals extreme acceleration. Go into full throttle and 0-60 seems to be in like 5.5 instead of 5.8. 2nd to 3rd pull is much more neck snapping and 3rd feels like 2nd.

I just ordered my PFYC carbon fiber hood and plan on having the rest of my exhaust system replaced with 2 1/2 pipe after the split (from 3"). Say good by to the stock mufflers. Way too restrictive! Oh and everything will be mandrel bent.

Last edited by DavidGXP; 02-08-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet man sounds like its well worth it. The U-bend and downpipe are the most restrictive parts of the stock exhaust right? Or is it the rear manifold?