LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

nitrous is awseome

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous is awseome

had my nitrous pressure gauge and bottle heater hooked up the other night and took it out for a spin against my friends 03 M3...we took off from 45 and raced to 140+....had about 1/2 a car on him most of the way until we started getting past 130ish then he started catching up...raced again last night a wrx with alot of work, kid says car runs 12.6's and we raced from a dig..he had me by a car and a half while i was on the spray..off the line i was down bout 1/4 throttle and i punched it at 20 and around 30 is when i used the nos and it spun the tires...im thinkin i would have had him if i didnt spin.
im upgrading to a 100 shot very very soon, but the 75 shot has a nice kick.
waiting for the rain to stop then will take pics of everything(also had my angel eyes installed)
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

to stop wheel spin, get a window switch installed. something that kicks on when you are WOT. you would have probably handed the WRX his *** if you weren't pressing the button (if i remember right). i dont think they are that expensive. a bit safer too if you ask me
Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Launching!

the way i have my system set up is so that it wont spray until i have it at WOT b/c the trigger is right behind my gas pedal so i control when it sprays with my foot..i could have the system activated and be down 3/4 throttle and it wont spray it only sprays when i am at WOT its pretty cool
Old 07-28-2008, 04:17 PM

I hate to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if you could give me some info on where you got your grill from, my wife just got an 06' SS and all the grills I have found don't have a front emblem like yours. Thanks in advance.
Erik
eight12@gmail.com
Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Launching!

yep exactally just removed front bowtie and replaced with ss emblem
Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey man I'd like to see it sometime. BTW I'll be moving out to Patchouge next month, I think that is closer to you.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

stupid ? does nitrous void your warranty just curious
Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Launching!

If you were to ever have a problem with your motor than yeah they would void it.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

i would probably never use it(wait yeah i would) but just to say it has nitrous is awesome
Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Launching!

I wonder how long the trans will last if you spray through shifts alot?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Staging Lane

I've been running nitrous on my car for about a year now. So far I've made about 60 runs at the track with it and have had zero issues(besides traction). I hope you have as much fun as I do on the juice!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Launching!

i have been..how much of a difference have you noticed when u upgraded from the 75 to the 100 shot?
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

in order for it to void your warrenty, they have to prove that the mod you did caused the failure on the said part.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:56 PM

And they have to find it on the car before they even suspect it, just remove everything b4 it goes in if you hurt something
Old 08-21-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

just a friendly tip. lift between shifts. don't spray between them.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Area47
just a friendly tip. lift between shifts. don't spray between them.
most kits have a safty feature to make sure your not spraying between shifts
Old 08-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE. No dealer, will service, touch, or waranty a vehicle with nitrous no matter what you think or hear from a dealer or service person. Period. Does nitrous work. Ask SS, he raced me in my Jeep. If you blow a head gasket, or drop a piston ring or two, and try to get service, it will be VERY easy for a dealer to determine if nitrous was installed and can refuse service just on the premise that it "may" have been in the vehicle. They will also BLACKLIST you and you won't be able to receive service from ANY other dealer as the attachment is added to your VIN number. The top of the pistons are normally, unusually clean, wear and tear is more evident, and hardware placment holes, accessories and misc mounting hardware is very evident unless done by a professional with inovative hidden methods. Vehicle DIAGs can also display unusually high shift points and speeds recorded. I am not saying this to be mean, or a jerk, it simply a fact. I've deal with a dealer and nitrous and other service stations and it can be a nightmare, and its sometimes better to hear it from someone that's already been there and done that. If the install is done properly by a qualified technician it can be ALOTA FUN! but accepting the consequences before installing nitrous is a good and realistic approach. Set aside some extra cash for a transmission and clutches.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 PM

Whichever dealer did that to you should be taken to court. Assumption of modification is not a valid basis for warranty dismissal. I went through a case with my local Pontiac dealership dealing with this exact type of circumstance on my WS6. They tried to void my warranty because I kept blowing head gaskets, of course one of their genius bean counters AKA Service Manager, incorrectly assumed that the reason for this was Nitrous, and promptly refused. Needless to say he no proof to back it up, and after litigation i received a healthy settlement as well as full replacement of my parts. Unusual wear and tear is not always indicative of abuse, sometimes it is parts failure; as far as the unusually clean piston surface, TOP ENGINE CLEANER, produces almost the exact results. Now having said that, there are ways against tell tale markers in the diagnostics. Shift points do not change with nitrous,nor does shift pressure, occasionally (mainly due to poor nozzle placement) airflow values are high and IAT readings are low, but all of that can be changed by a preemptive re-flash of the ECM. However, if someone is inexperienced enough to leave anything "hardware" for the dealer to find in the first place, thats just Darwinism at work. Since the WS6 incident mentioned earlier, which by the way was a warped block not N2O as assumed, i have installed kits onto 3 personal vehicles, as well as 4 customer vehicles, with only one mishap due to faulty fuel. During the repair, under warranty, of the vehicle, not a single eyebrow was raised or question asked. Safe amounts of nitrous do no more damage to an engine than any other equivalent form of power increase. Nitrous doesn't hurt engines, dummies who cannot tune it do
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW, thats a good read!^^^^
Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you want to get technical about it. a dealer does not have the tools to detect the sulfer content of automotive grade nitrous oxide. if they want to be snippy about it. you would have send an oil sample out to get tested.

if the mas air is being fogged. the tech 2 can pull the recent history from the ecm and track the air flow values this way as well.