New TCI-242938 Torque Converter for 4L60E LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TCI-242938 Torque Converter for 4L60E LS1

I have a New TCI-242938 Torque Converter for 4L60E LS1. Fits Fits 1998-up 4L60E F-body LS1 applications; 1999-up GM 4L60E/4L65E trucks with 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 engines according to TCI. Was mocked up but not used. Cost $500 from Summit sell for $400 shipped.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Best Offer???
Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
9 Second Club

what stall speed?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

From TCI's web store, ...

DESCRIPTION:
Looking for improved performance from your LS-equipped road racing or high performance street transmission? If so, the TCI® 4L60E Breakaway® Torque Converter could be just the performance upgrade you’ve been looking for, providing efficiency at highway cruising speed and a quick, hard launch at wide-open throttle. The 2400 to 2600 rpm flash stall speed converter still maintains excellent part throttle drivability. This converter is a direct, bolt-in replacement component and will fit any LS-based engine running a 4L60E transmission. A full four pounds lighter than the factory 4L60E torque converter, the TCI® Breakaway® Converter reduces the parasitic horsepower loss commonly found with the stock unit. Best of all, the added woven carbon fiber clutch lining used by TCI® is the best material you can buy to deliver a more secure lock-up and more efficient delivery of power to the rear wheels.
The TCI® 4L60E Breakaway® Torque Converter features fully furnace-brazed fins and super smooth needle bearings to reduce internal friction and deliver added strength. One final major feature of the converter is the Heat Dissipating Technology™ (HDT) Coating, which reduces the overall operating temperature of the converter for better performance and durability. Fits 1998-up 4L60E F-body LS1 applications; 1999-up GM 4L60E/4L65E trucks with 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 engines
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Thanks PontiacFan....
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Anyone??
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would be interested, but you have 2 posts, and dont even list a location. Im still trying to get 200$ back from a guy a PA for never shipping an intercooler.

Just dont want to chance it anymore.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Cant do anything about the posts but updated the location.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am PMing you right now cause this is exactly what i am looking for.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Teching In

PM sent
Old 08-21-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have a PM about the converter.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have ANOTHER PM sir.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

SO whats the deal bud you gonna refund my money for a crap converter to sold and shipped claiming to be a good one. Your probly gonna get in this thread and say the same crap you did in the PM's but like i said im not lieing i didnt lie and i DID NOT jack up those bolt holes.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Like I told you before it was perfect when it left me and you have had it almost 3 months. If any threads are messed up, YOU did it.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

what bolts were used tci stalls use different bolts than your stock converter....
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Listen bud i didnt jack these threads and i dont understand why you can step up and admit you did it, I have no reason to lie.

Also i am using stock bolts, i know the holes are stripped cause you can see the threads are jacked up. on top of that the stock bolts will thread into one hole but its wobbly, the others wont even come close to grabbing i can slide them through the mounting holes with my fingers and absolutly no effort or twisting.

AS i said in t6he PM's bud, i am in the military and i told you that when i bought the damn converter that you said was good and nothing wrong with it. I also told you i was deployed, in saying that it was at LEAST a month before i got home from the deployment. Once i was home i was swamped with work and i couldnt get to the work on the car for at LEAST another month or so not really sure buts its DAMN close to that. SO the converter sat in our home office IN THE BOX you shipped it in and i never touched it(i didnt even look at it cause with work and the home stuff by the time i got home i was burnt out and forgot all about it). As i stated before if it wasnt work that kept me occupied it was the back yard(landscaping it myself, thats also why i didnt work on the car cause i was busy with that and my money was going to that instead of renting a lift on base to drop the trans).

When i actually got a chance to do the work on the car which was here recently i dropped the trans and was doing other work on the car(changing the pan gasket). I filled the converter with MY fluid(not the fluid already in it) and put it in the trans, again never looking at the bolt holes cause i was told it was a new converter never used and it was fine. Got the trans bolted back to the car and went to bolt the converter to the flywheel and the bolt went right through with my FINGERS(after SEVERAL minuites of cussing) i dropped the trans back out pulled the converter and checked the bolt holes AND of COURSE they were stripped thats why the bolt wouldnt thread. You can SEE these threads are jacked.

I never touched the bolt holes or looked at them under the assumption they were good intl that moment. So tell me buddy when did i strip those bolt holes(i also have witnesses to the fact i didnt even put a tool to the bolts to strip it out). To add to this if i stripped these holes myself(which i DID NOT DO) My bolts would be jacked as well seeing as how both the mounting steps and the bolts are hardened steel, my bolts dont show a hint of where they were used to strip a mounting hole and these are the originals which you probly wont believe.

Also if this is true about a TCI converter using different bolts than the stock converter(which i was not told when i bought the converter and i asked if it would bolt right up) then how could i have done this with my stock bolts? I wasnt even aware that TCI converters used different bolts.

Any way there is the story so tell me again SINCE like i said before YOU know my life and what i do in it from day to day better then i do obviously, please explain to me how i jacked these bolt holes.

Last edited by usaf_hess; 08-28-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Teching In

I KNOW you are a liar now. You never asked and we never ever discussed anything about it bolting right up. You are a LIAR. The only thing we discussed was you agreeing to the price and then later wanting it for $50 less because you said you found another converter cheaper. OH yeah and you never updating your address with Paypal so the converter was sent to where you used to live. Again, if the threads are messed up YOU did it, it was perfect when I shipped it. Everyone do yourself a favor and stay away from usaf_hess he has been nothing but a pain this whole transaction.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

HMMM ok i have had a few others on this board that i bought from with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS(the only thing being that my paypal addy was wrong because i bought a house and moved in, i changed the addy so i thought but apparently it didnt work). Explain how i was a pain you got your money very quickly and i never gave you one problem(i have the PM's to prove it bud). We can ask the others who i bought from and see if i was a pain and we can see how quickly they got their money as well.

Ok ill give ya the asking if it would work, i was confused on that. I asked the other fella if his would bolt right up cause his was made for a truck(aparently there is no difference) that one was also the one i found for a cheaper price so i figured id see if you could do better pretty simple isnt it.

Just man up and admit you jacked it up or we can just keep going and going on this.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got nothin left in ya to blame me huh? You cant come up with anymore lies in saying i screwed up a converter you said was good but wasnt and led me on to buy it and shipped it to me then when i call you on it you say i did it?

Nothin else?

Quick Reply: New TCI-242938 Torque Converter for 4L60E LS1