Paxton Novi2000 Centrifugal & Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paxton Novi2000 Centrifugal & Accessories

Going a different way with my mods. So this monster is up for sale. I am listing it here because I know that fellow LSX fans will appreciate this for what it is:
As you can see, it is a reverse rotation centri for mounting on the passenger side of an LSX engine. The blower and mount are new and unused. I mounted them on a couple of engines to check clearances, but never ran them. As you can also see, they are both show polished items. The show polished blower alone is worth my asking price. It is set up with a Reichard Racing 2.7" 8 rib pulley. It, with the 8" balancer/crank pulley will spool the unit damn near instantly. Of course, you can simply change the pulley if that isn't what you want it to do. Paxton has this to say about it's blower:

When you are looking for the ultimate in high performance and reliability from a centrifugal supercharger, look no further than Paxton Automotive’s NOVI line. NOVI superchargers are based on Paxton Automotive’s race-proven gear case, which features billet steel, helical-cut gears*, and aerospace-quality high-speed bearings. A direct-to-gear, constant circulation, oiling system provides optimum lubrication and cooling, even under sustained boost conditions. Some of the fastest race cars in the world use Paxton Automotive NOVI superchargers–a testament to the NOVI’s unsurpassed performance in the most demanding situations.
The original NOVI-2000 is the centrifugal supercharger that revolutionized the performance industry in 1995, and remains a very popular supercharger today. The NOVI’s unique impeller design and compact scroll housing provide the capability of producing 26 PSIG of boost and supporting up to 970 horsepower. We also offer a Counter Clockwise Rotation (CCW) unit that mounts “backwards” with the intake facing forward. This allows the supercharger to be driven by the accessory drive belt, eliminating the need for a separate drive system.
The NOVI-2000 Series featured the debut of helical cut gears (as opposed to straight cut) in a centrifugal design allowing for quiet operation. While most street NOVI-2000 systems are designed to deliver 8-10 lbs. of boost, the best feature about this unit is its versatility. It can be installed on a relatively stock engine, then used to increase power with only slight modifications. No need to purchase a new compressor when you want to step up your car’s performance... just change pulleys.

The mounting bracket is a fully adjustable ECS polished unit that runs $1k. -seriously... rock solid and worth every penny.
Also included is an 8rib crank and accessories pulley kit (another $1200) setup. But totally neccessary to prevent slippage of the drive. Crank pulley is set up for a keyway to prevent slippage also. This kit is used, but in great condition. Can be polished to match the blower- which was originally my intent.
This "kit" was assembled to be run with the C5 Corvette front end accessory drive (f.e.a.d.). This will allow for almost another inch of install space. Can be used with the Fbody f.e.a.d. with an ATI 8rib Fbody crank pulley and spacing out the blower bracket. I intended to run this with a full size front mounted intercooler for best charge cooling -a nice amount of fab work or a kit from EPP.
Also included is an air conditioner delete bracket. If you are more interested in getting every drop of HP than staying cool, this is for you. lol
I KNOW you are going to want to push it, so 60+ lbs injectors, a bypass kit, boost /egt/air-fuel gauges, and a good custom tune will also be needed.
I know this is a lot to read. But I thought I'd be fair and let you know what you are in for if you are looking at installing this in your F body.
Read this: This setup should be considered a "tuner kit" as that is what will be required to obtain your desired results. This unit will absolutely provide exactly what you expect it to with the proper install. So if you are looking for a top shelf blower setup that you won't find on every other guy's Camaro or Firebird, THIS is it!
I need $3k out of it and it wont hurt my feelings if I don't sell it because I don't really want to. It took me a long time to find and assemble this kit.

Feel free to pm me with any questions.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

send me a email if you would be interested in trading for a fully built 04 zx10
Old 07-08-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

What.. This is seriously not like you guys to not even have any questions. lol
Old 07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt-ttt
Old 07-12-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt-ttt
Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt-ttt
Old 07-13-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

any pics of this unit on an engine and what kinda power is it said to make. how does it compare to a procharger?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by spaulsen
any pics of this unit on an engine and what kinda power is it said to make. how does it compare to a procharger?
Here is a pic of the Novi2000 polished CCW head unit and ECS bracket in an ECS Corvette install. There aren't many Paxton Novi2000 kits or brackets for our LS engines. Actually, ECS is the only company I know of that makes them. Paxton reps told me that this is because they don't want to compete with thier sister company, Vortech, on the same application platform. That would make this, under the hood of an Fbody, a mythical beast, wouldn't it?

It will produce, power wise, whatever your engine can do with 26 psi at 1400 cfm. ECS has a package with this blower that produces 900hp on a 402 cid in a C5. Power production questions are always relative to application and mods.
I'm not really sure how it would compare with a Procharger. I would compare output numbers with thier models. Better than a P or D series I would think. F series would probably have more output, but not by a whole lot. The 2000 is one of Paxtons bigger units.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt-ttt
Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt-ttt
Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sold and shipped