STEEL FIREBIRD side vents/heat extractors covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up STEEL FIREBIRD side vents/heat extractors covers

Well guys, here they are. One of the most anticipated items we have, and they will be ready for production by friday.

Keep in mind that these are the first test cuts, therefor they are not stainless steel. We have polished these up just a bit so they are clean. The actual sets that I will sell will be 316 stainless steel, and polished to a very reflective finish. These pictures are being shown only to ensure you guys of our continued accuracy and quality of our product.

These side vents will be $75 for all 4 pieces - shipped within the United States. While you're at it, pick up our WS6 ram air grille covers for an additional $100. These are guaranteed to make your car stand out from the crowd. I will only make these on a prepayment basis. They cost me a lot of cash up front to produce, and I can't afford to stock too many. I will make a few sets to be sold exclusively on Ebay. Feel free to check out some of my auctions. My username is muffinbuster - my feedback will install much confidence in you about our quality. PM me if interested in prepayment. I may not make any more for a couple of months, so get in on it now if you can.

Thanks guys. Enjoy the pics.

(These will mount with 2 screws for each vent cover. They will go through the front and be fastened to the back with a washer and a nut.)

Last edited by dragonZ28; 04-13-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

ttt fellas
Old 04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do good work, and those look good, but those are a little too pricey for me.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
You do good work, and those look good, but those are a little too pricey for me.
To each his own. They are too pricey for me to make, so I can not sell them any cheaper. To sell them cheaper would be giving them away for free. Our laser time racks up quickly cutting all of the holes in these pieces.

There is a reason that nobody else makes these pieces. Other companies would probably charge in excess of $400 for all of this stuff. Compare my items to other vendors. I use better stainless steel, 316 compared to their 304, and I also use a heavier gauge metal - not cheap, paper thin metal like some other companies do. Beleive me, these prices are VERY low, and nobody can make and sell them for near this amount.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

His products are top notch. I have his SS hood grill and bow tie for the back. I will be posting pics of the grill tomorrow morning.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Get a pic with them installed on a trans am so i have an idea what they would look like an di mught consider them.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Banned

and take 5$ off!

AHAHA jk.... YOU DO BEAUTIFUL WORK, WELL WORTH THE $$.im just a broke college student...

Originally Posted by transam69230
Get a pic with them installed on a trans am so i have an idea what they would look like an di mught consider them.

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2005, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

I'd like to see installed pics also. Very nice.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Very nice work! Lookin forward to getting mine.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Very cool!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am interested in these. Can we get a picture of them on a WS6 hood vents and side vent pictures. I will pay the money no problem just want a picture of the stainless ones on a car. Also will you be able to see the bolt and nut from the outside of the vent? Basically I dont know how they are installed so I can not visualize the screw and nut fastening you are talking about. Any more details you can give and pic and my money will be on the way.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I am interested in these. Can we get a picture of them on a WS6 hood vents and side vent pictures. I will pay the money no problem just want a picture of the stainless ones on a car. Also will you be able to see the bolt and nut from the outside of the vent? Basically I dont know how they are installed so I can not visualize the screw and nut fastening you are talking about. Any more details you can give and pic and my money will be on the way.
I will have some pics over the weekend, but by then, my cut will be complete, and I can't really make anymore until the next cut which could be over a month.

Yes, you will be able to see the screw head from the outside of the car, but it will be very small, and will also be shiny, so it will blend in as best as possible. This is really the only practical way to mount these. There is very little, maybe insufficient area to tape them on, plus this would make a gap as thick as the tape between the plastic vent, and the steel overlay. I think this gap would be unattracative, and that's why I opted for the screw theory. Each vent will have 2 small screws in it in opposing corners - not in the middle of the vents.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I will have some pics over the weekend, but by then, my cut will be complete, and I can't really make anymore until the next cut which could be over a month.

Yes, you will be able to see the screw head from the outside of the car, but it will be very small, and will also be shiny, so it will blend in as best as possible. This is really the only practical way to mount these. There is very little, maybe insufficient area to tape them on, plus this would make a gap as thick as the tape between the plastic vent, and the steel overlay. I think this gap would be unattracative, and that's why I opted for the screw theory. Each vent will have 2 small screws in it in opposing corners - not in the middle of the vents.

Thanks
That doesn't sound like it would look bad at all. I like your theory on the gap if tape was used, I agree the shiny small screws is a better option. I can't wait to see some pictures. What would be the best way to contact you for an order and payment, if I like the look? I bet it looks awsome!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

wht not use adhesive. **** i would use super glue. those vents are relatively inexpensive if you decided one day you wanted to take off the inserts.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
wht not use adhesive. **** i would use super glue. those vents are relatively inexpensive if you decided one day you wanted to take off the inserts.
You could do that if you wanted.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Great job on those vents.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Matt, those vents are kick azz. Exactly what I am looking for. You should post your paypal address so I can send you my prepayment. AWESOME!!! By the way, kyhorsepower.com is top notch in my book. Everyone here should check it out.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dragonz28 do you have a website to view all products that you make? I hear a lot of good things about your products and you make more than just the vent covers. Let me know also how would I order these grill inserts and what do you accept for payment?

Does anyone have pictures with these installed on a WS6?
Old 04-16-2005, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
dragonz28 do you have a website to view all products that you make? I hear a lot of good things about your products and you make more than just the vent covers. Let me know also how would I order these grill inserts and what do you accept for payment?

Does anyone have pictures with these installed on a WS6?
Pictures will be posted tonight. I am going to a friend's to install them right now. I am looking into the website deal. I am doing this with a couple of other people, and they will have to work with me to get that rolling, and sustained, but it will probably happen soon.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
Matt, those vents are kick azz. Exactly what I am looking for. You should post your paypal address so I can send you my prepayment. AWESOME!!! By the way, kyhorsepower.com is top notch in my book. Everyone here should check it out.
If I posted my PayPal address up here then people would just send me money for things I may not have and that would cause me unneccessary stress to work out. I ask that people PM me, and if I have what they want in stock, I give them the payment information. This way, all orders are screened for inventory.

I will have a few extra sets of the side vents, but I will have to post them on Ebay because that is what my partners and I agreed to do. I will post a link when I finish all of the preorders. The prepaying customers get their emblems and stuff done first.