ATI Procharger D-2 Head Unit - New

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI Procharger D-2 Head Unit - New

I have a brand new ATI Procharger D-2 head unit. This blower can be used on just about anything. ATI makes brackets for mounting this to LSX, small/big block Chevrolet and Ford, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, and Buick engines. It can be used with EFI or a blow-through carb system. This is a very stout blower!

10.5" volute
4.5" inlet
3.5" outlet
32 PSI max boost
2,200 CFM
63,000 RPM max impeller speed
1,275 max HP

This blower would work very well for anything from a low boost 10 second daily driver to a max boost 7 second drag car.

$1800 for the head unit only

$2000 with a Renegade small block Ford bracket and tensioner

Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Back to the top
Old 06-14-2006, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

I replied to PM's and emails.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Could this work with an lt1?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 97SprChrgd383
Could this work with an lt1?
Yes - with the correct brackets. They are available from ATI Procharger, or you may be able to find a used set.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:43 PM
FormerVendor

I replied to all emails and PM's. It's still available. If it's not gone this weekend, it will be listed on Ebay.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you pay for it. What type of gains can be seen with this over a D1?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 PM
FormerVendor

The D-2 is a big upgrade from the D-1. Compare the specs:

This is the D-1:

9" Volute
3.75" Inlet
3.00" Outlet
32 PSI Max Boost
1,400 CFM
65,000 RPM max impeller speed
925 max HP

This is the D-2:

10.5" volute
4.5" inlet
3.5" outlet
32 PSI max boost
2,200 CFM
63,000 RPM max impeller speed
1,275 max HP

Installed on identical engines the D-2 will make more power with less effort, and at lower boost levels. The power potential and flow capacity of the D-2 is much greater. The D-1 is in the P600B and P-1SC family of blowers. The D-2 is in the F-2 family.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man. Shoot me an email would ya? I'm right around the corner from you, and could come pick it up (assuming I get a green light from the boss ) What else is needed for a complete installation? I might be up your way this weekend if all goes to plan.

Use ScottCMcMullen@***.net as an email address. (I'm not sure what I have registered on site here)

Thanks, and good luck.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
FormerVendor

I just sent you email with my phone #. I will be around this weekend. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2006, 12:55 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a reverse spinning unit? If so, it will work with LS1's. If not, it will work with LT1's. Don't say it will work with anything with the correct brackets, because it WON'T!

Just looking out for all you fellow LS1tech people who don't know any better. I'd hate for you to be mislead by this guys false advertising.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Is this a reverse spinning unit? If so, it will work with LS1's. If not, it will work with LT1's. Don't say it will work with anything with the correct brackets, because it WON'T!

Just looking out for all you fellow LS1tech people who don't know any better. I'd hate for you to be mislead by this guys false advertising.
I have a problem with you attacking my character. I would be thankful for you to contribute any information about fitment that I am not aware of. I don't want anyone to buy this who won't be able to put it to use. Your comment about "false advertising" displays your immaturity, and it is completely without merit. Please try to conduct yourself like an adult.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

This is not a reverse rotation unit. Please check your application with ATI Procharger. You can contact tech support at 913-338-2886.

Thank you!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SSMAN66
I have a problem with you attacking my character. I would be thankful for you to contribute any information about fitment that I am not aware of. I don't want anyone to buy this who won't be able to put it to use. Your comment about "false advertising" displays your immaturity, and it is completely without merit. Please try to conduct yourself like an adult.
It IS false advertisement telling people that it will work with their LS1 with the correct brackets

If you don't know, then just say "I'm not sure". Don't ASSume it will unless you KNOW.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Another display of intellectual prowess.

False advertising implies that it was intentional. If that was the case I wouldn't have corrected my post and added contact for ATI tech support. Have you ever heard of an honest mistake?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 PM

False advertisement means exactly that- advertisement that is not true. Good luck with your sale. Don't try and pawn it off on a member on here with an LS1 tho.

Go ahead and sell it to a retard on ebay. I'm done here. Your the one making all the personal attacks. I was just stating the truth.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Your parents must be proud
Old 06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

heh, i dont think its intentional, and he actually is correct... for example, it works just fine on my LS1....

jsut because ATI decided to make a f*ed up bracket and mount the blower backwards to wedge it into a tiny space on their it, does not mean you have to use their bracket.

theres a entire head with nothing attached to it on a non-EGR fbody... bolt it on there and theres a ton of room all around, and guess what.... it even accepts a blower that spins the "normal" way.

so he should be able to sell it to a LS1 owner freely... now that he knows theres a diff, he just mentions it in the ad.... idiots who know nothing about this sort of thing should not be piecing together a blower combo anyway.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
heh, i dont think its intentional, and he actually is correct... for example, it works just fine on my LS1....

jsut because ATI decided to make a f*ed up bracket and mount the blower backwards to wedge it into a tiny space on their it, does not mean you have to use their bracket.

theres a entire head with nothing attached to it on a non-EGR fbody... bolt it on there and theres a ton of room all around, and guess what.... it even accepts a blower that spins the "normal" way.

so he should be able to sell it to a LS1 owner freely... now that he knows theres a diff, he just mentions it in the ad.... idiots who know nothing about this sort of thing should not be piecing together a blower combo anyway.
I appreciate the info! Do you know if anyone currently makes an off the shelf bracket for the LS1? Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSMAN66
I appreciate the info! Do you know if anyone currently makes an off the shelf bracket for the LS1? Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

nope.
the only "Normal rotation" ATI bracket ive ever held is a cardboard mockup i made for my car.. (LS1 in a 91 camaro)
im still 50/50 on if im going turbo or supercharger... i need to decide something soon...

i would use the off the shelf LS1 brackets, but all of them, truck, GTO, vette, fbody, ect... try to place the blower where my steeringbox/framerail is...

ive seen a few F1 race cars with it on the other side, but that was all custom done too..

Quick Reply: ATI Procharger D-2 Head Unit - New