LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

400-600 Shot

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are looking for that much of a power increase why dont you just boost the motor. im sure that a gt42r will get you there
Well FI isn't the end all be all for power cause EVERYBODY would be doing it.... generally a nitrous setup is going to be WAAAAAAAAY cheaper for that big of a power increase.... both motors will need to be built motors so the price is the same there...

But with the turbo you are going to need all the custom fabricated piping, turbo headers that are most likely custom made, intercooler, blowoff valve, wastegate, turbo timer, etc.... There is alot more to buy with the turbo system.... not to say it won't work. Hell i'm eventually going to do a single 94mm turbo setup but i'm prepared for the financial impact it's gonna come along with..... for most ppl that want big power nitrous offers a cheaper route to making alot of power....
Old 12-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with you.. at first. but the setup you need to run a 300+ shot: n20 controller, solenoids, nozzles, jets, lines, wiring, etc. it all adds up. plus 50 dollars a bottle. it gets even more expensive than a turbo setup or even a supercharger. beleive me, im not against n20, i use it... and love it. all im saying is that if im gonna look for that big of a power increase i would go FI because in the long run it is cheaper.

Quick Reply: 400-600 Shot