LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

headers????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers????

ok guys. i am going to hold off on my head and cam package right now due to funds. but i am going to do headers and ORY. i am going to try and get heads and cam by the end of the year. but my question is should i get it tuned after headers or just wait until i get my head and cam. and another question is if i dont get it tuned after headers is it ok to run it hard and all that. i dont think it would hurt it, but i just want to be sure.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

I would just get it tuned at the end of the year. Yes, you can run it hard after headers, but you don't want to run it hard right away. Let everthing break in for a few hundred miles before redlining it. I would do OTVC wires with headers so you don't risk burning yours.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a mail order tune from Bryan at PCMFORLESS..a tune is good for another 10-15hp. After the heads/cam swap get it "dyno" tuned
Old 01-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Launching!

ok thanks thats all the info i needed. i will probably get a mail order tune and then once i do heads and cam i will get it dyno tuned which is what i was planning on doing anyway. Thanks guys!!!! im going to try and order my pacesetter longtubes and ORY within the next 3 or so weeks, u know so i have time to put them on before spring for car shows. Thanks again.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Good luck...if you aren't in a hurry for them I would maybe wait for the new LPP LT's

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 01-20-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

Unless there's something specific that you need changed in your tune, I would just save the money toward a real tune when you do more mods and really need it. A bolt on car can run well into the twelves on a stock tune anyway.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Razor_Blade
Unless there's something specific that you need changed in your tune, I would just save the money toward a real tune when you do more mods and really need it. A bolt on car can run well into the twelves on a stock tune anyway.
Yes, but a bolt on car can run down into the 12's more with a tune
Old 01-20-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Yes, but a bolt on car can run down into the 12's more with a tune

LOL..Possibly, but once he does heads -n- cam and has to get a real tune the money spent for the mo tune is gone. I would rather spend on something that won't be thrown away doen the road.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

LOL..Possibly, but once he does heads -n- cam and has to get a real tune the money spent for the mo tune is gone. I would rather spend on something that won't be thrown away doen the road.
I do agree if he's gonna do a head/cam swap soon after I would save the money for a dyno tune.

Quick Reply: headers????