LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Speed Inc cadillac cam .....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHDY 5.7
So then a 150hp right outta the gate should really be the cats meow!
yes wow, i would wait to hit the juice thou, i already get outa the whole fast, with traction i'd assume i would be rocketing out of the hole.
in other words i have enough trouble catching traction on Nitto DR's out of the hole stock that if you hit it with 150 out of the gate you might sit at the light for a good 2-3 seconds burning rubber. haha. my car gets up and goes! and on the street will typically put a couple lengths on most cars i've raced and hold it on them thru about 85-90. then they slowly start to inch back, which i'd say isnt too shabby for having 3.23 gears, **** if i went to 3.73's or even 3.42's i doubt they'd even ever catch back up.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think my buddy will be quite pleased with this cam. Im sure at the track he will be running a good slick,but d/r's on the street. He is also a auto with a smaller stall.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
i run right next to my buddy's 2000 SLP Firehawk, and have outran him several times at the 1320,
with a 2.2 60' i have ran a best of 13.3
and to add the Firehawk is full-bolt on's and so was i.
i've actually pulled in the Firehawk now even from a roll and he's got a 6-speed with 3.42's and ive only got 3.23's
I call driver or mechanical error on your buddy with the Firehawk, sorry.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I call driver or mechanical error on your buddy with the Firehawk, sorry.
ohh yea he is a no-driven A-hole thats for sure. but doesnt mean i didnt beat him

he short shifts each gear about 500rpms maybe a little less. but otherwise i'm a full 3 tenths quicker at the track, or was before the new stall converter and tran re-fresh with stage 2 shift kit.
plus he was on street tires.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

ohh yea he is a no-driven A-hole thats for sure. but doesnt mean i didnt beat him

he short shifts each gear about 500rpms maybe a little less. but otherwise i'm a full 3 tenths quicker at the track, or was before the new stall converter and tran re-fresh with stage 2 shift kit.
plus he was on street tires.
Nice, post your new times when you get some. I still need to get some since I finished my build. CC503, headers, SS CAI, 52mm TB, M6, 3.42, stock susp., street tires.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Nice, post your new times when you get some. I still need to get some since I finished my build. CC503, headers, SS CAI, 52mm TB, M6, 3.42, stock susp., street tires.
haha yea street tires in my car = complete and total failure, i will run a terrible time cause my best time on street tires was a 14.0 and that was a 2.4 60'!!!!! hahahahaha good god it was bad.

and im hopefully getting my52mm throttle body and DMH e-cutout before i goto the track on the 21st!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've considered a cut out on my car,but I just can't convince myself to do it.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHDY 5.7
I've considered a cut out on my car,but I just can't convince myself to do it.
Why not? It's very cheap and fun. As long as you get a manual one. They're kind of a pain in the *** sometimes though. Just don't put it in place of the cat. It'll get annoying real quick. lol
Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha yea street tires in my car = complete and total failure, i will run a terrible time cause my best time on street tires was a 14.0 and that was a 2.4 60'!!!!! hahahahaha good god it was bad.
Try having 14.0 w/ a 2.4 60' on DR's, with suspension mods as your best time. It's very disappointing. lol. Oh well, it was like 20* outside, no track prep, and the Nitto's were almost bald.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ill do the cut out one of these days. Lol.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

From your sig, I bet your car sounds sick! Cam it man. What's your hp goals? I would consider a CC503, regardless of the fact that that's what I am running. Or maybe look it Ai's 226/234 cam.
Honestly, I don't really have any specific goals. I just want something that's sharp and fun to drive, while maintaining very good manners. I am not looking to build a race car.

My car sat in my dad's garage for six years after my cat collapsed in late 2000. I parked it and bought a Grand Cherokee. When I pulled the Camaro out of storage, it was fubar. I never knew sitting around could be so hard on a car. So, my first goal was to simply get it running again. That mission has been accomplished, but it's still sitting on jack stands in my brother's shop. We installed new Fuel Pump, Fuel Injectors, Water Pump & Seal, Opti & Seal, 1LE Elbow, MAF, IAT, Oil Pressure Switch, ICM, Coil, Plugs, Wires, Headers, Exhaust & sealed the Intake Manifold, new gaskets, RTV etc. I may have forgotten a few things. I have a power window motor yet to install. I'll probably do brakes, which might require new wheels. It could probably use some suspension work. I'll probably do a new driveshaft. I also hope to get it painted at a local community college if I ever get it from Kentucky to Michigan. All of that really begins to add up, but I bought it new and plan to keep it forever

I honestly never thought I would even consider a cam, but this package sounds very interesting. I've been doing all the work myself, with the assistance of my brother, or vice versa. I've never come close to doing anything like a cam swap.

Oh, it does sound pretty good, imo.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BTC
Honestly, I don't really have any specific goals. I just want something that's sharp and fun to drive, while maintaining very good manners. I am not looking to build a race car.
I hear you man, but just so you know, there are several cams out there that will give you a nice bump in power without affecting it's street manners. I have a CC503 with stock heads and bolt-ons, it has great street manners with my M6...just have much more power and sounds awesome.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTC
Same here, my 95 is supposed to be the fun street car that looks sexy. The 78 is going to be the race car project Crazy cam 383 and dana 60 coming this summer. I need to strip the entire thing, fix the rotten body this summer to have a solid platform to start a sick car. I'll work on the 78 in summer and the 95 in winter. I have too many project cars for a 19 yr old.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Everything I own is a race car lol. My challenger is done,no more mods for it,don't wanna ruin the value,so not its time to play with my lt-fun.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Update: still haven't received the cam from speedinc. They're fixing the problem though. A good group of guys over there.

We do have the car apart waiting for the cam. So in meantime here some stuff we did......

We have removed the egr stuff,and blocked the hole off on the back of the intake.

We blocked off all the smog/emissions stuff that comes off the manifolds.

We made a bracket and assembley to relocate the alternator.(did this before the front of the motor was apart)

Installed the 918 springs.

We also installed a new oil pump and rod since we had the pan unbolted. Pre warning,its a pita!!!

Now we are waiting on the cam,then re-assembly.

Then it goes to Speedinc for a good tune!!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tap out the weep hole on the water pump to put in a barb fitting to run a hose down to the ground so it doesn't **** on the Opti if it goes out
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BTC
Thats how we all start

Before you know it she will be down for a H/C stroker rebuild
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for that tip. Will do.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Thats how we all start

Before you know it she will be down for a H/C stroker rebuild
I hope not, but I am somewhat interested in this cam. That's probably a step in the wrong direction. A cam was the farthest thing from my mind a year or two ago. I'm also only about 150-200 miles from SpeedInc. Do they do installs? If I ever get my car to Michigan, I could drive over and get it fixed up. It's probably more fun, and cheaper, to just get some beer and do it yourself.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

i would be interested in this cam if i had my lt1 was gonna be a DD. and i had planned for it to be.
but things change. guess im going with what you guys call a race car cam.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc cadillac cam .....