LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car hoping, and skipping during turning solved

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car hoping, and skipping during turning solved

So I found out why my car has been hop skip and jumping while making a turn. The top bolt on the torque bar mount at the tranny keeps working its way lose and when I make turns the torque arm is vibrating back and forth as well as up and down. I have used Red Lock Tight, with the bolt Torqued to spec and the damn thing still works lose after driving it for about a half hour. Any suggestions other then maybe the Torque Arm Relocation Kit from BMR? If I can not fix this problem. That will be my last resort, money is tight right now so that is why I am looking for something other then spending lots of cash right now.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

i got the same probelm!!! dont know what it is...only does it sometimes tho so idk
Old 02-15-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dante1313
i got the same probelm!!! dont know what it is...only does it sometimes tho so idk
Yeah, its a pain to fix also. Not pain as in its hard, just takes up time that could be spent doing something productive

Jack the car up, jack under Tranny, Unbolt Tranny support to gain better access to bolt, Toque to spec, Jack Tranny up, Bolt Tranny Support. Crawl out from under car, lower car. I am doing this **** three times a week. Think Maybe something as simple as a lock washer?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

my car just started doing some weird and rough vibration while i take off and also while the car is in reverse and backing out, it vibrates lke there is no 2morrow,,,dont know what the problem can be though, i gotta check my torque arm and see if that is the problem, is that the way to tighten it up on what u posted above? ^^^^
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

my TA bolts that attatch to the rear end sometimes work themselves loose. I havn't found a way to keep it happening so I usually have to re-tq them twice a season or so. PITA!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My rear ones never seem to work lose, in fact. They are a freaking bitch to get out when I need to. Its just the front top one that holds the clamp
Old 02-15-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by $O$OE
my car just started doing some weird and rough vibration while i take off and also while the car is in reverse and backing out, it vibrates lke there is no 2morrow,,,dont know what the problem can be though, i gotta check my torque arm and see if that is the problem, is that the way to tighten it up on what u posted above? ^^^^
Ill take a couple of pictures for you tomorrow, I have to climb under there again.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
ill take a couple of pictures for you tomorrow, i have to climb under there again.
ten -four
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine used to do that i just took it off and welded it together fixed it you just have to take the tq arm off the rear when you work on the trany
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

some .032 safety wire would cure that, I find myself safety wiring more and more as the mods go on, just for peace of mind.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by $O$OE
ten -four
Sorry did not get a chance to work on the car today, how i explained it is how I do it. But when I get a chance i will get to it

Quick Reply: Car hoping, and skipping during turning solved