LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Unique autosports

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unique autosports

Hay guys the other day i gave unique autosports a call and got a quote on some work i wanted done to the car. they gave me a price of $12500 for the work i want done and heres what i want done. anthing that is plastic is being replaced with carbon fiber. custom racing seats for driver and passenger side with a harness on both seats. rear seat custom leather black and red. custom 8 point roll bar. and also paint there going to try to get as close to candy apple red as they can. i have not decided if i want race strips on the car yet. And if i have money left over then a callaway c9 body kit do you guys thing i should go for it i have the money put away but do you think its to much.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

your calling unique? the one on tv. of coarse its over priced. thats not that much work there. you could find individual shops to do these things alot cheaper.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

you know any one good the biggest thing is i want the roll bar tucked away as much as possible and im going all out with the motor and tranny i was just thinking why not if you guys know any one good let me knew the more i save the better
Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Well a good paint job can be in the 3-4k range and going to a shop like that I can see it being more, Plus wouldnt all that stuff just be fiber wrapped? I could see spending that much at a place like that

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/Search...?CategoryID=68

buy the seats your self , Delete the rears and get some carbon wrap and do the panels
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

your in pa?
try predator performance its close to punkstantonyoshgoerg...how ever you spell that ****.lol
i went to wyotech and visited there shop. theyre top notch.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I don't think it's overpriced, I just think that's a pretty bad investment....
Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badzee
I don't think it's overpriced, I just think that's a pretty bad investment....

lmfao this is true....but if hes going to do the engine and trans as well who are we to call rice?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lifeisgood
lmfao this is true....but if hes going to do the engine and trans as well who are we to call rice?
He's spending $12,500 on a 4th gen fbody.. on farbon ciber and paint..

Old 02-16-2009, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Predator Performance DUBois PA....I had some work done there.Very good people there. They did fine by me.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Not trying to be rude but you have weird taste in mods.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dlk1950
Predator Performance DUBois PA....I had some work done there.Very good people there. They did fine by me.

yup thats them.
when i was there they had bought a brand new ctsv, still had the window sticker on it, they had a new 427 ls7 setting there ready to go in. and doing the first dual procharger. two d1scs.
this was in 04. they know there ****.lol
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Well a good paint job can be in the 3-4k range and going to a shop like that I can see it being more, Plus wouldnt all that stuff just be fiber wrapped? I could see spending that much at a place like that

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/Search...?CategoryID=68

buy the seats your self , Delete the rears and get some carbon wrap and do the panels
i would delete the rear seats but i need them due to this is used on street and strip i need to be able to put a carseat in the back the paint its self is very pricey and i think your right i think every thing is fiber wrapped im not to sure. im not doing a sound system because i dont lissen to the radio in the first place so i have no need for it. my goal was to get all the plastic out of the can and replace it with anything lighter. im putting close to 9grand in to the engine and swapping my a4 for a m6 witch is with a twin disks system 2grand its self and pluse a stronger rear end and thats about another 4 grand.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
Not trying to be rude but you have weird taste in mods.
im not going to get rid of the car for a long time so im going all out i want the car to look great inside and out and different from everyone else
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

They had a vet there they were putting 2 turbos in that looked 2 qtr. kegs. and black ctsv 427 about 750 hp.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

If you are putting a rollbar in it you had better never put a carseat for a little one in the back... That is the most ignorant, irresponsible and negligent thing ANY PARENT could ever do to thier kids...

If you don't know, or haven't thought it through, a rollbar is MEANT TO BE USED WITH A HELMET!!!

Sorry, no matter what you do to the rollbar, it is a bunch of sprung tubes of steel in an acident. If you get in an accident they become dangerous pieces that WILL cause head injuries to everyone in the car.

I contemplated putting a rollbar in my car, decided against it since I wanted my kids to ride in it... Hell if you drive the thing on the street without a helmet you are taking the risk of loosing your life if you get in an accident, no two ways about it.

A rollbar/cage keeps you safe in an accident while wearing a helmet and while strapped into a 5-point harness. It it NOT meant to offer any sort of protection on the street without a helmet, no two ways around it.

Sorry, just pointing out some facts of rollbars/cages that MOST people ignore and just try to not think about... It is like a set of slicks and skinnies, great on the track, poor on the street...

Also, like you, I decided to keep my T/A forever, so I put well over $100k+ into it, big motor, blower, nitrous, S60 rear, full custom suspension, then in went the $30k+ stereo and custom interior, ever custom thing you can think of and a ton no-one else has done... But, I kept it a street car, even with over 1000hp, it has no cage... I take two of my kids for a ride at a time, wife cruises in the Z28 convertible with the other two... So it can be done, just keep it realistic...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

idk about all that.......not trying to be a dick.....but if you have a wreck and it destroys the roll cage either A: it was a real shitty cage, built wrong and welds are poor....or B: the crash was so bad youd be dead anyway
Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
If you are putting a rollbar in it you had better never put a carseat for a little one in the back... That is the most ignorant, irresponsible and negligent thing ANY PARENT could ever do to thier kids...

If you don't know, or haven't thought it through, a rollbar is MEANT TO BE USED WITH A HELMET!!!

Sorry, no matter what you do to the rollbar, it is a bunch of sprung tubes of steel in an acident. If you get in an accident they become dangerous pieces that WILL cause head injuries to everyone in the car.

I contemplated putting a rollbar in my car, decided against it since I wanted my kids to ride in it... Hell if you drive the thing on the street without a helmet you are taking the risk of loosing your life if you get in an accident, no two ways about it.

A rollbar/cage keeps you safe in an accident while wearing a helmet and while strapped into a 5-point harness. It it NOT meant to offer any sort of protection on the street without a helmet, no two ways around it.

Sorry, just pointing out some facts of rollbars/cages that MOST people ignore and just try to not think about... It is like a set of slicks and skinnies, great on the track, poor on the street...

Also, like you, I decided to keep my T/A forever, so I put well over $100k+ into it, big motor, blower, nitrous, S60 rear, full custom suspension, then in went the $30k+ stereo and custom interior, ever custom thing you can think of and a ton no-one else has done... But, I kept it a street car, even with over 1000hp, it has no cage... I take two of my kids for a ride at a time, wife cruises in the Z28 convertible with the other two... So it can be done, just keep it realistic...
i under stand what your saying im not going to drive the car every day the only way i would put a carseat in the car in the first place would be if something happened to my truck or if i take the car to work and something happends were i need it just because it has a cage and is fast dosent mean my foot will be to the floor all the time i would never do that with my girlfriend in the car or my kid i would never dream of it
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is Remy going to work on your ****?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is a total waste of money . overpriced a tad bit. how bout save yourself some money and do some **** on your own?

Quick Reply: Unique autosports