LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
the merv
man your car is a sleeper with the salad shooters and the bra. You gonna keep it that way or evertually go with some bigger wheels? I kinda like the approch though
Actually that's not a Bra..lol..it's a flat-black Bumper Cover cause mine shattered.

I usually run some 17" Z06 Wheels on it, I just haven't put them on yet. Sometimes I run my Drag Lites with the Mickeys on them, but people don't want to play when they see them..
Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aboatguy
Yes, I was talking about the 99 cobra. and the engines in the 99-04 cobras are basically the same, with some mods to support the blower. ..like stronger forged rods, low compression pistons, bigger tb, bigger injectors etc... I did not want to get into a long post when I was responding to this>>>>
of course, just clarifying that an 03/04 cobra motor isn't JUST a '99 cobra motor with a blower strapped to it. the problem with the '99 motors was I believe an overly restrictive intake manifold
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THis thread was too good to let die......

So Did the owner of the terminator ever fix his clutch?

Did the OP kick the cobras azz when said clutch was slipping???

Originally Posted by myltwon
of course, just clarifying that an 03/04 cobra motor isn't JUST a '99 cobra motor with a blower strapped to it. the problem with the '99 motors was I believe an overly restrictive intake manifold
I'm not a GM biased guy, and for proof here's a couple of pics of my 4th of July weekend project.
It an even older 4V Cobra (98) and while it no longer has a restrictive intake my stock 95 LT1 still owns it.

I will admit big power is a simple affair with the modular Fords but at the end of the project your still in a Mustang. (This is a friends car and still needs tuning but was a RCH above 400 rwhp on a mustang dyno while running belching black smoke rich) so it may be a monster once fuel is pulled out of tune....and according to some Modular experts the block in this car is the best of the bunch for high horsepower buildups (its the italian Tecsid aluminum block hard to believe that its a stronger block than the 03 04 iron block but Sean Hyland and others swear by them )

Last edited by aboatguy; 07-26-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today