LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Smacked_in_ATL
So many haters in the f-body community!

Bitch, I ******* street race. When I was out last Thursday the clutch started slipping bad. You want to see a ******* vid you stupid lil ho? I don't make excuses, and definitely don't need one to bust your *** down the 1/4 mile.

And by STOCK I mean STOCK pulley. That 12.3 pass was on a 1.75 60' and the clutch slipped some on the last 320 feet, which resulted in the low MPH. The car trapped 122-113 on stock pulley all day.

Lastly, I don't give a **** about stalling a burnout. My SECOND time EVER at a track and FIRST TIME EVER doing a real burnout. I got the heat in them and didn't give a **** what anyone had to say about it. If it was so funny, I'm surprised no one said anything to me at the track? Where you there??

STOCK means STOCK pulley. Who cares about an exhaust and intake.

Just because most people can't run 12.3 on stock pulley doesn't mean no one can. You **** boys need to tighten your game up

She traps 118-119 now, and probably will be at 121 mph before I add any more power mods.
In case you haven't noticed, your car is still slow . There are civics around here that would spank that ***...12.anything is not something I would brag about .
Old 04-17-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThackerReturns
He doesn't have to supercharge a car to beat the LT1s.. ford did it because its a very efficient way to make power.
I am almost willing to bet an 03 Cobra motor without the blower would still beat a LT1 car stock for stock, if you want to get technical.
Ford did that it was the 4v cobra and while it wasnt a POS it was a performance disapointment hence adding the blower. (it did not meet Fords advertiised HP figures, google for more info)

Mike
Old 04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 181 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by aboatguy
Ford did that it was the 4v cobra and while it wasnt a POS it was a performance disapointment hence adding the blower. (it did not meet Fords advertiised HP figures, google for more info)

Mike
Waste of time trying to talk to that guy my friend..

If I had the chance I would buy a Cobra, that is about the only Mustang I would own. The reason I would buy one is to try something new, and that I could mod it decently cause it's got a well built Engine from the factory. That and I like the whine that the Roots Supercharger makes.

If I would get one..I would put on LT Headers, Intake, and a Kenne Belle, then tune it. That would make it pretty nasty..

Oh yea and I would go around sayin it was stock..
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1badzee
lol... a stock 03/04 cobra will smoke a bolt on+cc306 LT1 car anyday.. But thats just what I've seen from friends who have those cars/setups
Oh HELL NO!!!! i am a bolt on and cc306 w/ stock heads and i put lengths on stock terminators,......... I was dead even on a pullied, intake and full exhaust cobra,....
Old 04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aboatguy

Mike
you're thinking of the underperforming 99 cobra which had a recall, when the '01 came out the problem was fixed

the 99/01 cobra motor is essentially the same as the mach 1 motor, the cobra 4v is a very different motor
Old 04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

the merv

Damn man, your car runs hard. Hows the T56 compared to the auto? I honestly think its the best mod I have done, but I don't drag race too often.

This post has turned into nothing, mods should lock it!! Just my honest opinion
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Veteran

I think 03/04 cobras are awesome - they are great cars.

My only problem is with people who drive slow *** ones trying to brag. If I had an 03/04 termi that only ran 12s regardless of the mods I would keep that **** a SECRET, not try to brag about it.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
the merv

Damn man, your car runs hard. Hows the T56 compared to the auto? I honestly think its the best mod I have done, but I don't drag race too often.

This post has turned into nothing, mods should lock it!! Just my honest opinion
I don't believe merv has ran with the t56 yet in the 1/4 but in general cars will gain some mph but lose some ET.

If are not a competative drag racer it could easily be your favorite mod for the fun factor.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Puck
I don't believe merv has ran with the t56 yet in the 1/4 but in general cars will gain some mph but lose some ET.

If are not a competative drag racer it could easily be your favorite mod for the fun factor.
Yeah thats basically what I was saying. The 6 speed will not 60 ft as easily as the auto, but like you said it should show a little gain on the top end. I was just seeing how he liked having to shift it rather than the car doing the work.

But I have to agree with you, I love the 03/04 cobras, but MOST (not all) of the guys who own them are just asses. And if I had one that ran 12s I agree, I wouldn't come on here running my mouth about how I was gonna pull you down the track/road. These LT1s run hard when well put together. I personally haven't race any cobras, but I but I could stay pretty close.....well at least I hope so
Old 04-17-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by candyblueta
Oh HELL NO!!!! i am a bolt on and cc306 w/ stock heads and i put lengths on stock terminators,......... I was dead even on a pullied, intake and full exhaust cobra,....
Okay. Look what I said. According to my personal experiences. I never said that will always be the outcome.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

the merv
Thanks man, it will definately roll out. That vid was when it was an Auto still.. I don't have any with me with the T56 in it yet.

Originally Posted by Puck
Yeah thats basically what I was saying. The 6 speed will not 60 ft as easily as the auto, but like you said it should show a little gain on the top end. I was just seeing how he liked having to shift it rather than the car doing the work.
I haven't tracked it yet, like I mentioned I have 3.89's for it, right now it has 3.50's in it. I'm enjoying it on the highway runs at the moment with them longer gears, rowing through them on some pulls at the 60-70mph area pretty much just decimates anyone. 3rd tops at 110mph, 4th tops out at 140mph..at the top of 3rd is when the race is usually over by a few lengths..

As far as fun factor, 100 times over what it was with the Auto, no questions asked.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
Thanks man, it will definately roll out. That vid was when it was an Auto still.. I don't have any with me with the T56 in it yet.

I haven't tracked it yet, like I mentioned I have 3.89's for it, right now it has 3.50's in it. I'm enjoying it on the highway runs at the moment with them longer gears, rowing through them on some pulls at the 60-70mph area pretty much just decimates anyone. 3rd tops at 110mph, 4th tops out at 140mph..at the top of 3rd is when the race is usually over by a few lengths..

As far as fun factor, 100 times over what it was with the Auto, no questions asked.

Good to hear man, the 3.89s will help alot, I love my 4.10s and it doesn't take my long to top out 4th gear. I haven't been to the track yet, I'm waiting for a stronger rear end, mine hates me right now and yells at me whenever I drive it LOL. I'm hoping for high 11s with my street setup, I'm not on sticky tires and probably never will, mabye a road race style tire but that as far as I'll go.

But with the 4.10s I'm turning about 1800 at 65 mph wheres the 3.50s put you? But post up some links if you get some vids of it at the track, or street
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Good to hear man, the 3.89s will help alot, I love my 4.10s and it doesn't take my long to top out 4th gear. I haven't been to the track yet, I'm waiting for a stronger rear end, mine hates me right now and yells at me whenever I drive it LOL. I'm hoping for high 11s with my street setup, I'm not on sticky tires and probably never will, mabye a road race style tire but that as far as I'll go.

But with the 4.10s I'm turning about 1800 at 65 mph wheres the 3.50s put you? But post up some links if you get some vids of it at the track, or street
You're going to get a stronger rear end but you will never get sticky tires
Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myltwon
you're thinking of the underperforming 99 cobra which had a recall, when the '01 came out the problem was fixed

the 99/01 cobra motor is essentially the same as the mach 1 motor, the cobra 4v is a very different motor
Yes, I was talking about the 99 cobra. and the engines in the 99-04 cobras are basically the same, with some mods to support the blower. ..like stronger forged rods, low compression pistons, bigger tb, bigger injectors etc... I did not want to get into a long post when I was responding to this>>>>

Originally Posted by ThackerReturns
He doesn't have to supercharge a car to beat the LT1s.. ford did it because its a very efficient way to make power.
I am almost willing to bet an 03 Cobra motor without the blower would still beat a LT1 car stock for stock, if you want to get technical.
I was making an argument that, ThackerReturns statement can be proven false by the 99-01 cobras performance. Ford needed the blower iot save the investment they had in the 4.6 4V program since the mod motor cobras did not perform as expected . However, that engine is extremely stout and if you want a bang for the buck cobra buy a low mileage 99 or 01 cobra and pop a K B twin screw on it. (K B seems to think the engines are basically the same too and offers the same basic kit for 99 01 and the 03/04 cobras)

My LT1 is stock too,

Just different pistons rods, heads, valve train etc.......

But I don't race I did my mods for gas mileage ....I wanted lower mileage
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Isn't the Mach 1 Engine a 4V DOHC?

I'm at about 1600..maybe a hair less with the 3.50's and a 26" Tire.

Here are some recent vids..

This is getting on an Onramp..I hit 90 and let out. I broke loose goin into 2nd..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgkzBolNiik

Here is one of me screwing around..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZsjbJS54e0
Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm hoping for high 11s with my street setup, I'm not on sticky tires and probably never will, mabye a road race style tire but that as far as I'll go.
Rear end = Sticky tires

If you aren't going to get them, just stick with your 10-bolt
Old 04-17-2009, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
rear end = sticky tires

if you aren't going to get them, just stick with your 10-bolt
yep!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Resident

Rear end = Sticky tires

Careful, I popped a 10 bolt on the street with street tires, 1-2 shift. 4 teeth on the pinion decided to make an exit.

-Dustin-
Old 04-18-2009, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

^^I killed one aswell on the street, ripped 3 teeth off of the Pinion messing with a friend of mine.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Rear end = Sticky tires

I'd do that, but my setup has almost killed my 10 bolt already. A stronger rear end is a have to IMHO, I don't want to have to worry about breaking it when I go on longer trips and then have to find a trailer to get it home.

I may end up putting sticky tires on it, but I like my tires to last more than 5k miles

the merv
man your car is a sleeper with the salad shooters and the bra. You gonna keep it that way or evertually go with some bigger wheels? I kinda like the approch though

Quick Reply: Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today