LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best sounding bullet style muffler??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLGZjaWrRs&fmt=18 its Pacesetter longtubes into 3" Maganflow Hi Flow Cats (the mettallic spun ones) into 3" TSP X-Pipe into 3" Dynomax Bullets into 2.5" piping extended out back, crush bent.

Have you thought about those classic chambered powersticks?? Im thinking bout replacing my bullets with them cause of better clearance, the bullets are I think 5"diamater and are the lowest point of my whole system. I just dont want the powersticks to be any less loud than what I got now.

Last edited by SimRacer1; 05-17-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car is the one on classic chambered website, i went through have a GMMG setup, true dual dumped, and now what you see there. and ive stayed with this current setup since. Its full 3" true dual i believe the medium sticks with magnaflow cats to help the sound and stench of fuel. for those that say cats make you lose power... i think i can afford to spare a few
Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
Here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLGZjaWrRs&fmt=18 its Pacesetter longtubes into 3" Maganflow Hi Flow Cats (the mettallic spun ones) into 3" TSP X-Pipe into 3" Dynomax Bullets into 2.5" piping extended out back, crush bent.

Have you thought about those classic chambered powersticks?? Im thinking bout replacing my bullets with them cause of better clearance, the bullets are I think 5"diamater and are the lowest point of my whole system. I just dont want the powersticks to be any less loud than what I got now.
Your car sounds awesome. I wouldn't replace anything on that exhaust system.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Here is mine with dynomax bullets dumped at the rear with an xpipe. I have no clearance issues at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRwgPVszfA
Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SimRacer1

Originally Posted by tspence45
Your car sounds awesome. I wouldn't replace anything on that exhaust system.
Thanks man, you should have heard the car when the bullets were dumped and no cats. People were telling me it sounded like a freakin pro-stock dragster haahahaha, wish i could keep it like that. I just got the car and am new to all this stuff.

To the original poster, from all the reading i do on here it seems when ppl go for true bullet style mufflers most of them seem to be the dynomax ones, not sure why. When it comes to other mufflers, as im sure you know theres a good variety of brands ppl tend to get, like gmmg, magnaflow, dynomax, classic chambered, flowmaster, borla, corsa, etc etc. But for true bullet mufflers it seems to almost always be dynomax, even though many of those other great companies make bullet mufflers aswell, hmm weird.

Also, when it comes to clearance, yes the dynomax bullets (not sure about the other brands) are actually 5" diamters, (except the ends which are 3" on my system). The large diamter makes my bullet mufflers the lowest point of my exhaust system, whenever i scrape, its the bullet mufflers scraping, nothing else ever scrapes.

What you can do, im thinking of this too, is sticking the bullets right before the tips as the shape of the t/a rear bumpers has the big openings where it would be a perfect fit. I just dont know if this affects sound or performance in any way. I know with cats that supposedly the closer they are to the headers the more efficient they are.

Whew, enough typing for me, used up my whole break lol

Last edited by SimRacer1; 05-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

My dynomax bullets sound very mean on my LE2 TA.

Quick Reply: Best sounding bullet style muffler??