LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93-97 firebird hood ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 96Formula6spd
I think the lt1 ws6 hood is nice. Granted I bought an oem one in late 2009 with the oem box. Its been sitting against this wall since then. Would help if I got the car running. But now I am debating a full part out and going and buying a C5 Corvette.

Maybe one day this will live on a car again.

It is up to you. I understand that a fixer-upper is more of a hassle than buying something that you can start-up and drive away. You could try to get some price quotes on how much it would cost to fix up your car to get it running again versus buying that C5 Corvette. I am not sure how much work needs to be done but certainly the time and effort to slowly part it out and make room for that C5 may very well justify having a shop fix up the car for you!

Again, it is up to you.

I am going being to very firm when I get married someday. I will not give up my Trans Am, it can seat two of our babies in the back and I don't drive like a reckless moron! Plus, holding on to a car and maintaining it over the years is far cheaper than constantly upgrading every 5-10 years! When you think of saving up to buy a house someday and then trying to help put your children through college, and then the money you have left saved up for retirement, yeah, hold on to your cars and maintain them!

Last edited by Phoenix'97; 05-25-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

VFN 3" cowl on my '94

The following users liked this post:
N2OMIKE (03-28-2022)
Old 05-25-2017, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by formula218
VFN 3" cowl on my '94

It looks good. I would love to see it styled like the LT1 WS6 ram air hood only filling in the nostrils and smoothing them out to form a beak, like the hood you have.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix'97
It is up to you. I understand that a fixer-upper is more of a hassle than buying something that you can start-up and drive away. You could try to get some price quotes on how much it would cost to fix up your car to get it running again versus buying that C5 Corvette. I am not sure how much work needs to be done but certainly the time and effort to slowly part it out and make room for that C5 may very well justify having a shop fix up the car for you!

Again, it is up to you.

I am going being to very firm when I get married someday. I will not give up my Trans Am, it can seat two of our babies in the back and I don't drive like a reckless moron! Plus, holding on to a car and maintaining it over the years is far cheaper than constantly upgrading every 5-10 years! When you think of saving up to buy a house someday and then trying to help put your children through college, and then the money you have left saved up for retirement, yeah, hold on to your cars and maintain them!
Well the Firebird is my first car. Bought it in 2008. Its been mostly dead since 2009. Lots of money has gone into it only to have horrible luck. I do not drive like a reckless moron. Current DD and only running car is my 2001 Miata. Has 259k on it. Had it now for 5.5 years. Second longest ownership of a car to my Firebird. I am not one to upgrade to new cars. Never crashed one either. Now 12 years of driving with only 1 ticket. Was for speeding 50 in a 30. Speed dropped and I missed the first sign at 11pm(Was covered by a down tree, went back the next day to get a picture and the tree was removed).

Granted if I let the Firebird go it might be a car I would want back in 10-20 years only because its my first car. I drive a lot on the highway so looking for something that gets decent mpg. Miata gets 24-28mpg however its kinda loud. The Firebird has a 385. If I actually get it running 20mpg would be hard to get. I do all my own work as I have been screwed by shops. Only thing my car gets at a shop is an Alignment. Otherwise nothing has seen a shop for work in 7 years. Going to be driving 60 miles a day in a couple months. So want something nice to drive. A C5 could do that while getting close to 30mpg. Would be 6spd. Could also become the new autocross toy and let the Miata become more of the track day toy. Its a fun car but the stock spring is starting to get old. Really want to upgrade it. Body roll is below.

Name:  18699386_701736230013639_7894149802539707206_o_zps8cmy8xv2.jpg
Views: 3886
Size:  78.8 KB

But not looking to thread jack. If I still think the ws6 hood on a lt1 car looks good. Especially a Formula. It is why I bought the hood years ago. They were rare then and even rarer now. But who knows if I will ever use it.

Quick Reply: 93-97 firebird hood ideas