LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1's Hate me.... Another Optispark it seems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to go buy an E4 to open it and I am glad I did because the used Opti I bought the rotor was not loose but the plastic tabs were coming off. So I got hooked up by a close friend for 40.00 for a new cap and rotor.

Either way we opened up my stocker and WOW.

Hows that for broken? I think the base is still good so I will keep it as a spare but WOW.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cross
I had to go buy an E4 to open it and I am glad I did because the used Opti I bought the rotor was not loose but the plastic tabs were coming off. So I got hooked up by a close friend for 40.00 for a new cap and rotor.

Either way we opened up my stocker and WOW.

Hows that for broken? I think the base is still good so I will keep it as a spare but WOW.
Ouch. Never seen a rotor that bad. New cap and rotor and you shoudl be fine. Hopefully you didn't get any debris into the base of the opti.

As for the EWP, you have to trim the fan shroud a little. Search online for a picture.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She ran... and then went super rich off the wideband's scale and died. Refused to start, I tested the ICM nothing...

I for sure thought it was another Opti Issue I was pissed.

It even felt the same but it would try to stumble occasionally.

So I got lucky and when pulling codes got a code 23 MAT. A GM guy gave me some info and sure enough watching live data the MAT Sensor read -40 Degree's and jumped together 306 Degree's. So I am going to buy a new sensor and the problem should be solved I hope.

I was dropping the car off to the paint shop too, not to mention I only got to drive the car a few hours max before this and the one place I took it was 5nDiner and someone with a trailer hits hit my bumper in back so now I am buying a new bumper.

Just a fun filled day.

Quick Reply: LT1's Hate me.... Another Optispark it seems.