LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'93 Camaro LT1 396 with ProCharger F-1A build at EPP

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Looks good, I guess the costumer wanted to drive it a little more on the street (4L60E).
Thanks! Yes, this Camaro will be seeing a lot of street miles.

Originally Posted by SRZ
Getting close! It was interesting IC bracket. Can't wait to see the numbers. Hell, can't wait to see what mine will do in a week or so.

Bob, is that the final resting place for the MSD? That's a tight fit esp when putting the bumper back on, well at least it was for me as I've got a Vac canister down there. I put my box here. She doesn't see rain.
Yes indeed, it is getting close. That is where we're putting the MSD. Thanks. Bob
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It's alive! We fired the LT1 up yesterday, the cam sounds great! Bob
Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
It's alive! We fired the LT1 up yesterday, the cam sounds great! Bob
Tease! Where are the pics/vids!?!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything looks great Bob, I should be getting my engine back next week and hoping to have it in the car by next weekend. Can't wait to here the f1a in person.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by strokedz
Everything looks great Bob, I should be getting my engine back next week and hoping to have it in the car by next weekend. Can't wait to here the f1a in person.
Sounds great!

So far we're at 596 rwhp at 11 psi of boost. Bob
Old 08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob you guys plan on pulling the inlet at all?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Very nice!!!! What kind of TQ did it make?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also bob, what pulley's, wondering how hard the blower is working? Any idea on IAT's?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey bob i just checked on the pictures on your site very nice 1 question i was told that the bpv should be on the outlet side before the fmic is that correct or does it need to be after the fmic ??
Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Bob you guys plan on pulling the inlet at all?
We weren't planning on it. We used a larger air filter on it, and the customer won't ever be running it with it off.

Originally Posted by baylove
hey bob i just checked on the pictures on your site very nice 1 question i was told that the bpv should be on the outlet side before the fmic is that correct or does it need to be after the fmic ??
Thanks! If the bypass valve is mounted ahead of the intercooler the air will be diverted before it goes into the intercooler, which should keep the intercooler temps down. With the bypass valve mounted after the intercooler closer to the throttle body, the air wont stack up at the throttle body as quickly when the throttle is slammed closed. Either way works though.

Also bob, what pulley's, wondering how hard the blower is working? Any idea on IAT's?
We have a 4.50 pulley on the head unit, the blower is only making 11 psi and we've seen 19 psi on my LS1 408 Camaro with an F-1A with a 3.90 blower pulley, so this blowing is living an easy life. The intercooler is not getting hot on the dyno, we're using this same basic combination on my Camaro at 20 psi.

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Very nice!!!! What kind of TQ did it make?
Thanks, I'll post up the dyno sheet. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 08-07-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Exotic Performance Plus;12032715]We weren't planning on it. We used a larger air filter on it, and the customer won't ever be running it with it off.

Thanks! If the bypass valve is mounted ahead of the intercooler the air will be diverted before it goes into the intercooler, which should keep the intercooler temps down. With the bypass valve mounted after the intercooler closer to the throttle body, the air wont stack up at the throttle body as quickly when the throttle is slammed closed. Either way works though.

i have mine before the fmic should i move it to after the fmic ??
Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=baylove;12033703]
We weren't planning on it. We used a larger air filter on it, and the customer won't ever be running it with it off.

i have mine before the fmic should i move it to after the fmic ??

No, you don't need to. Either way will work. Bob
Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=61
You can check it out at the above link. The ProCharger arrived today, we'll be installing the engine tomorrow. Bob
Dont forget my mailing address, let me know when the engine is completed and sent off. Ill make sure im home to sign for the engine lol...I cant wait to see a vid of this beast
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice numbers so far Bob. 596 @ 11psi? That thing is going to scream if it reaches 15+.

Mine's being worked on as we speak but no numbers yet. The guy is very meticulous and we're doing part throttle etc and got it tuned only up to 4psi. LOL. It pulls hard and FAST. My base tune I did was all off...but that's what ya get for a 1st time rookie. He was actually amazed it ran at all let alone got somewhat decent gas mileage. We'll be on the dyno for a solid 5 days next week getting all we can out of it before we tune for the meth.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SRZ
Nice numbers so far Bob. 596 @ 11psi? That thing is going to scream if it reaches 15+.

Mine's being worked on as we speak but no numbers yet. The guy is very meticulous and we're doing part throttle etc and got it tuned only up to 4psi. LOL. It pulls hard and FAST. My base tune I did was all off...but that's what ya get for a 1st time rookie. He was actually amazed it ran at all let alone got somewhat decent gas mileage. We'll be on the dyno for a solid 5 days next week getting all we can out of it before we tune for the meth.
Awesome numbers man, now if only there was an organization were the proceeds and money earned went to funding every LT1 owner out there...lol...so we all could go stomp on Vetts, Mustangs and LS1's...shhhhh...we can call it the LTinati..haha...get it.....................ok im goin to bed now...tired worked another triple shift
Old 08-09-2009, 07:09 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SRZ

Thanks, the customer did not want to put a lot of money into upgrading the fuel system, so we added a Walbro pump in the tank along with his Racetronix pump. We kept the stock lines until we got to the front subframe area. His goal was to be in the 550 to 600 rwhp range, so we're right where he wants to be. This build certainly does have much more potential to it, if the fuel system was upgraded further.

Let me know how your works out. Thanks. Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 07:13 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Awesome numbers man, now if only there was an organization were the proceeds and money earned went to funding every LT1 owner out there...lol...so we all could go stomp on Vetts, Mustangs and LS1's...shhhhh...we can call it the LTinati..haha...get it.....................ok im goin to bed now...tired worked another triple shift
Thanks! I hear you, we had five LT1 cars at the shop Friday. Three maroon LT1 Camaros, one black one, and one red LT1 Corvette. Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks! I hear you, we had five LT1 cars at the shop Friday. Three maroon LT1 Camaros, one black one, and one red LT1 Corvette. Bob
Bob,

It's pretty crazy a shop like your selves would take on any LT1 work, is it case by case far as the cars you work on?

Neil
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Bob,

It's pretty crazy a shop like your selves would take on any LT1 work, is it case by case far as the cars you work on?

Neil
If it came from GM, we look at whether we want to conquer it. Some cars are too trashed and their customers have unrealistic (ebay turbo kits come to mind...) expectations. The LT1 engines certainly take more time to work on than an LS1 engine, but the results can be very satisfying. Bob
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Bob,

Neil
Neil, there is nothing wrong with LT1's!
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Quick Reply: '93 Camaro LT1 396 with ProCharger F-1A build at EPP