LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

radio and power window turn off while driving.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad this was brought back to life. I have been trying to figure out what was going on for years.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Like already stated taking out the bcm and fixing it yourself is the best solution. I think with mine I was just able to re soder what was already there. Deff didn't look pretty but worked
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

OH lolz, i just noticed the dates in this thread.

Hopefully, killa & trippin got their stuff fixed.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
FWIW if anyone with a 93-95 ever has this happen, it's due to the RAP module under the steering column. had this happen on mine last year while wiring in the auto trix pass window fix. i accidently hooked up the wrong wire (gray instead of brown i think) and it fried the module and i lost the radio and the power windows.
Thank you so much dude this is exactly what happened to me! That darn RAP module. I have my driver's door panel off and the bare wires touched the metal frame and fried that sucker and I had to bypass it via a jumper wire to the blue and brown wires to roll my windows back up. I was in a rush to find out how to get the windows back up before it rained too :O Luckily I was able to pick one up at the junkyard today and it fixed my problem. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to find out the problem in the same day, thanks again!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Teching In

well the radio turns off becasue the the wire is not the right size, for the loudness you want to to turn up.

some times u take the door pannel off and beat on the window motor it will work again, to stop it from over heating u play with the slidder pad against the window. move them in alittle bit , play with the window up and down watch how it closes. that helps it roll up and down

Quick Reply: radio and power window turn off while driving.