LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Now what????

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought specail tool to take opti apart, maybe tools be in sat.... Update to follow...
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula96
bought specail tool to take opti apart, maybe tools be in sat.... Update to follow...
What special tool? All you need is an E4 inverted torx socket that you can get at Autozone to remove the cap. Then I think you need a T7 torx socket to remove the rotor. Then you can open it up and look at the base. You need a torx socket to remove the bearing and you need an inverted torx socket (size unknown) to remove the optical sensor.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the inverted torx is what i bought, i looked at walmart and sears and neither of them had inverted torxes. so i just ordered some, $25 for a set, not bad i guess.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have had it, the opti is spinning. i am out of ideas, anyone want a cheap NON running LT-1???
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I couldn't find the inverted torx socket anywhere when I looked

-Sears
-Napa
-Harbor Freight
-Advanced Auto
-Auto Zone
-Home Depot
-Lowes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by myltwon
I couldn't find the inverted torx socket anywhere when I looked

-Sears
-Napa
-Harbor Freight
-Advanced Auto
-Auto Zone
-Home Depot
-Lowes
Autozone actually carries the E4 inverted torx socket needed to remove the cap. You need to look in the tools section well. It will have a yellow label. You can also get the T7 (check on that size) torx socket needed to remove the rotor.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

this is probably why you don't ask the people that work there anything

oh well, then again you're on another coast, maybe the west coast guys get all the sweet tool hookups
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by myltwon
this is probably why you don't ask the people that work there anything

oh well, then again you're on another coast, maybe the west coast guys get all the sweet tool hookups
Very true. I over heard this at a local Autozone:

customer - "I need some brake lines."
employee - "What kind of car is it?"
customer - "'99 Mustang"
employee - "Who's the maker of that?"

I was like WTF?!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

some guy at advanced auto told me I didn't have a map sensor because I have maf, swore up and down until I made him look it up
Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Opti harness is good?

SUCCESS!!!!!

You my friend get the gold! Apparently http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/928 was put together wrong, wires shouldave gone abcd to abcd, but instead went abcd to dcba....

Really can't tell if i am mad or glad at this point. Glad it is running but mad that LSXTUNE got their **** wrong and costed me 3 weeks of crazy diagnostics. I guess i should have looked at there connector better and saw the problem in the first place, when doing my testing at the opti i was checking wires, not where they went. For reference the lsxtune harness did not use original wire colors.

BUT the main thing is the car runs now, a little cut and splice and we are good to go . Thanks guys!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

SUCCESS!!!!!

You my friend get the gold! Apparently http://www.lsxtune.com/shop/product_...roducts_id/928 was put together wrong, wires shouldave gone abcd to abcd, but instead went abcd to dcba....

Really can't tell if i am mad or glad at this point. Glad it is running but mad that LSXTUNE got their **** wrong and costed me 3 weeks of crazy diagnostics. I guess i should have looked at there connector better and saw the problem in the first place, when doing my testing at the opti i was checking wires, not where they went. For reference the lsxtune harness did not use original wire colors.

BUT the main thing is the car runs now, a little cut and splice and we are good to go . Thanks guys!!!
Nice. You've slayed the dragon, lol.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

SUCCESS!!!!!

Nice diagnosing, at least you DID find it... i wouldn't have been able to sleep if it was my car... nice work anyway!

Quick Reply: Now what????