LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help, GM stealership is slack and making me mad..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, GM stealership is slack and making me mad..

Ok so I had my graduation after party in a different province so I drove my car on the way back the distributor coil pack died and left me sitting 3 hours away from home. I got it towed to the nearest town and to the GM dealership. They said they ordered parts on the 3rd of july. Well I phoned and they said it will be another week or two (Because the parts come from the states along with other excuses)

1995 firebird lt1, does anyone know where I can get this part with some quick shipping. My car has been down for the entire month of july and I'm sick of it. I'm ready to go drop elbows on their entire staff till their orbital bones are dust..

...real real real mad..
Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by muxlt1
Ok so I had my graduation after party in a different province so I drove my car on the way back the distributor coil pack died and left me sitting 3 hours away from home. I got it towed to the nearest town and to the GM dealership. They said they ordered parts on the 3rd of july. Well I phoned and they said it will be another week or two (Because the parts come from the states along with other excuses)

1995 firebird lt1, does anyone know where I can get this part with some quick shipping. My car has been down for the entire month of july and I'm sick of it. I'm ready to go drop elbows on their entire staff till their orbital bones are dust..

...real real real mad..
Just a regular coil? You can get one from Autozone.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
just a regular coil? You can get one from autozone.
word, and i think they actually carry opti's now to.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
word, and i think they actually carry opti's now to.
Yes they carry opti's. If I HAD to, I would use their cap and rotor, but I would never use an optical sensor made by anyone other than AC Delco/Delphi (sensor is actually made by Mitsubishi).
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Not sure what province you're in, but in B.C. and Alberta, you can go to Lordco, and get another coil. Probably your best choice.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ITS NOT THE DEALERSHIPS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a service writer in a GM dealership, all GM dealerships are having parts issues right now. All we do is order the parts, either a vendor or GM sends them. If it is coming out of Michigan it is coming on one of GM's own delivery trucks.

I waited for 13 days on a transfer case on a customers truck.

I have 3 Cobalts in the shop with steering column issues, one is going on 10 days for parts.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
ITS NOT THE DEALERSHIPS FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a service writer in a GM dealership, all GM dealerships are having parts issues right now. All we do is order the parts, either a vendor or GM sends them. If it is coming out of Michigan it is coming on one of GM's own delivery trucks.

I waited for 13 days on a transfer case on a customers truck.

I have 3 Cobalts in the shop with steering column issues, one is going on 10 days for parts.

I understand what you're saying, but if GM can't provide a part as simple as an ignition coil in a day or two, the dealership that the OP is referring to, should call somewhere else. That's a simple repair, and he shouldn't be tied up that long. At this point, his car has been down for two weeks....for an ignition coil!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is something I just thought of, ignition coils rarely fail on a LT1. The coil MODULE sometimes fail...OP ask them about that.

Quick Reply: Help, GM stealership is slack and making me mad..