LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Warren ran 126.9 in qualifying too. If he ever figures out the rest of his car and tune I think he may have the HP to go pretty fast next year.

I know he's going to be tough along with your car. Ive got more work to do on my car to be more competitive. I'm going to do a cam swap to see how much more I can get out of my car. I'm not ready to do a single plane and a solid roller yet. I know a couple people Larry from Speed and Carlos that was also at the shootout both have went 126+ in better air.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Well, I plan on being there again this next year hopefully with a new trans and some small changes along with towing with something besides the wifes Trailblazer...lol
Old 08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=BlackLT1Z;12067581]
Originally Posted by Formula383
Are you running brackets in some event or part of a series or just on the weekends? Dallas did a pretty good job with the ProMods a few weekends ago but there were only about 10-12 cars. It will take more than 1 hour just to run 1 round for each class. There were 7 classes this year and that means each round would have to finish in less than 10 minutes? Not gonna happen.
[/QUOTE=Formula383]

I run on the weekends. My car hasn't ran consistently enough to become part of a series. No time between work and school full time on both.

I think there were just too many brackets to run in a one day race. What did we have, like 6?
The time worked out perfect. We ran it just as if there were 100+ cars there and everyone got some spare time as a result. For most of the guys, all they had to do was make one qualifying run and they could sit it out until eliminations. Bracket guys got a lot of time to dial in their setups.

Like I said before, the participation needs to come way up before I see any need to go over 1 day.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=Formula383;12088369]
Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z

The time worked out perfect. We ran it just as if there were 100+ cars there and everyone got some spare time as a result. For most of the guys, all they had to do was make one qualifying run and they could sit it out until eliminations. Bracket guys got a lot of time to dial in their setups.

Like I said before, the participation needs to come way up before I see any need to go over 1 day.
I agree with Kyle. The time was near perfect for us between rounds. I do not see a need to make it a 2 day event.

Most of the Chi-town clan were there testing the Friday before so all was good. I think if anything it would be nice to get in some T&T the day before so people running late on getting their setups done have some additional time to test before the event.

Even though you Texas guys just hung out and drank at the hotel that night...lol
Old 08-18-2009, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had got there earlier on friday to test. If I did, I wouldnt have been doing T&T in the qaulifing rounds !!! Im leaving a day earlier next yr. Im always running late for some reason.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Racin96ss;12089987]
Originally Posted by Formula383

I agree with Kyle. The time was near perfect for us between rounds. I do not see a need to make it a 2 day event.

Most of the Chi-town clan were there testing the Friday before so all was good. I think if anything it would be nice to get in some T&T the day before so people running late on getting their setups done have some additional time to test before the event.

Even though you Texas guys just hung out and drank at the hotel that night...lol
There's nothing wrong with a little drinky drinky! LOL
Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I wish I had got there earlier on friday to test. If I did, I wouldnt have been doing T&T in the qaulifing rounds !!! Im leaving a day earlier next yr. Im always running late for some reason.

Mike you should have followed me down on Thursday had time to do some drinking thurs night and get some t&t on Friday.

I thing I did miss though there was no tailgating and the opportunity was perfect with both the Hotels parking lots backing up to each other. It would have been a good opportunity for racers to meet before the event.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
Mike you should have followed me down on Thursday had time to do some drinking thurs night and get some t&t on Friday.

I thing I did miss though there was no tailgating and the opportunity was perfect with both the Hotels parking lots backing up to each other. It would have been a good opportunity for racers to meet before the event.
I tried. It was the goon squad and my tow rig that kept me back. Had to wait for them. I was ready to go at 6am and the RV didnt show untill 11. I was so pissed. Then I found the busted clutch line loading up.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Next year I want to see some parking lot tailgating at the Hotels.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
Next year I want to see some parking lot tailgating at the Hotels.
We were all out there in the lot Friday/Sat night until 2am? Not sure how you missed that?

Larry/Chris and Charles called it an early night on Sat but I was out with Tanner and Kyle until way to late to be driving back home on Sunday
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Jeff, I was out in the lot with the guys untill like 3am on Fri with Larry, both Chris's Tanner, roadtrip and a bunch of the texas boys.
Sat we got back from the strip club late as hell and everyone was just calling it a night in the lot.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
We were all out there in the lot Friday/Sat night until 2am? Not sure how you missed that?

Larry/Chris and Charles called it an early night on Sat but I was out with Tanner and Kyle until way to late to be driving back home on Sunday
Wow I don't have any Idea of how I could of missed you guys.

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Jeff, I was out in the lot with the guys untill like 3am on Fri with Larry, both Chris's Tanner, roadtrip and a bunch of the texas boys.
Sat we got back from the strip club late as hell and everyone was just calling it a night in the lot.
Ok I guess I just flat missed the boat. I wish someone would have gave me a call.

Yours truely the most unpopular man in chitown.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Just let me know when and where and I will be there again in 2010. I have attended both years but only raced in the last one. The only thing that I would like to see is that it is held after April. If it is May or later I should be free and clear. Good luck with you decision guys and I am sure you can still count on Certified to sponsor the event again.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

As much as I love having it here in KC, I think Memphis may be the best bet.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by James Montigny
As much as I love having it here in KC, I think Memphis may be the best bet.
Apples to apples I like Bowling Green over KC. Memphis is a National event track, which means it would probably be quite a bit more to rent. I would go to any of the three.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

I could deal with Memphis it isn't any further for us coming out of Chicago than it is to MO.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

I'm coming late to the party in this thread and I just skimmed some of it trying to get caught up. So if I am repeating some things that have already been said, then

I have raced at both LTX Shootouts and there are clearly 3 major groups of racers: Texans, Chicagoans, and the locals from MO. Any other region/location just had onesies and twosies.

The locals from MO, as much as I appreciate you guys being there, it didn't take that much effort for you. The Texans and Chicago crew had significant travel to attend.

Moving the location without making one of those two groups travel further leaves us with very limited options. As for those suggesting East Coast tracks... There are some good tracks out there, but past interest and dedication to our event does not support moving out there. I lived in Alexandria for a year and raced at MIR and Cecil County as much as I could, but there is no way we could move out that way and not **** all over the guys who have supported the first two events.

If my point isn't clear yet: Those who have supported the first two events should have the most say, by far, as to where the 2010 Shootout will be held.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
I'm coming late to the party in this thread and I just skimmed some of it trying to get caught up. So if I am repeating some things that have already been said, then

I have raced at both LTX Shootouts and there are clearly 3 major groups of racers: Texans, Chicagoans, and the locals from MO. Any other region/location just had onesies and twosies.

The locals from MO, as much as I appreciate you guys being there, it didn't take that much effort for you. The Texans and Chicago crew had significant travel to attend.

Moving the location without making one of those two groups travel further leaves us with very limited options. As for those suggesting East Coast tracks... There are some good tracks out there, but past interest and dedication to our event does not support moving out there. I lived in Alexandria for a year and raced at MIR and Cecil County as much as I could, but there is no way we could move out that way and not **** all over the guys who have supported the first two events.

If my point isn't clear yet: Those who have supported the first two events should have the most say, by far, as to where the 2010 Shootout will be held.
That is very nice to hear. I know all the Chicago crew is anxious to get back and settle some scores.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

If it is closer to Chicago I might be in, school is getting in the way of going for a few days..I should be done by next year, so I will definitely be watching for it.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Should have then setup for my car done by the end of the year so that will leave plenty of time to tweak it and shoot for 11.30's

Quick Reply: Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?