LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much is my engine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
LMAO, How many 9 second normally aspirated REAL streetcars have you seen of ANY flavor.

Let me put the weigh at 3000 lbs, different converter and watch it go nines.

I will get a little closer soon, loosen the converter, different Tb setup and a retune. I look for some 10.30's@3600lbs. Coming soon.

9's huh. You guys build one you can get up on the interstate with for an hour at 75 mph, show me how to do it LOL.
I can only hope my 383 build comes together as well as yours did. It had its gremlins at first but once you started dialing it in that thing started MOVING for its raceweight.

Get it down to the 3200 range and loosen the stall like you plan and it will move out nicely!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep that car and motor! You will regret it forever if you sell it. You have an extremely bad *** LTX street car and fast LSX cars are a dime a dozen and youll always miss the LTX platform
Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

With that monster *** cam in that thing I hardly see that thing being very streetable..JMO..
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Says he drives it on the HWY and to the beach. I know Larry's car could do it with a somewhat mild HR cam and runs mid 10s NA. I think the SR will need more upkeep but dont see why its couldnt be a weekend street warrior. Its not a DD by any means but still a street car.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

Very true.. "Streetable"..as in once a week, then back to the Garage to adjust the Valvetrain..
Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
With that monster *** cam in that thing I hardly see that thing being very streetable..JMO..

Why not Merv? You got a 15* headed 408 and are much slower than I am....I drive this car all over the place.

I have adjusted the valves a whole 2 times in 6000 miles, and only once did a few need tweaking.

The cam is not a "monster" LMFAO. By todays standards it is a middle of the road solid roller. 280/290@.050 would be a big solid roller, not a 254@.050.

I reach in the door when its 30 degrees outside hit the key and it fires right up.

Drives downn the interstate for 1 to 1.5 hrs at 75 mph just fine.

I take it to a week long cruise every year, in 3.5 days in stop and go traffic it gets 450+ miles put on it, the last 2 years anyway. $175 in fuel both years.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Very true.. "Streetable"..as in once a week, then back to the Garage to adjust the Valvetrain..
oozing with ignorance...
Why not Merv? You got a 15* headed 408 and are much slower than I am....
ohsnap
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
11 Second Club

^^ I was waiting for you to smartass your way in sometime.

Why not Merv? You got a 15* headed 408 and are much slower than I am....I drive this car all over the place.
Much slower huh.. about .6 of a sec and 6mph, I don't think that's much slower..
I was just throwing my opinion out..I see it bothers you.

You were previously wining in the past few posts about how your highly invested 9k project there won't fetch the amount you want back out of it..
I've only got about $6k in my Engine, which is in all reality budget built, and I see very promising results out of this upcoming setup.
I assure you that if I went to a SR Engine with what I have, stepped up the Cam and other things to the capabilities of the setup, and stayed an Auto you wouldn't be thinking "much slower". **** I'm still I'm running stock Milled Heads and a pretty mild Cam compared to your monster(yes that's my opinion). You have some high-end things in your setup to get your 10.5's..alot of it being suspension. You like your Auto, I like my 6spd..though from a 60-roll with the Gears I have you'd have your *** packed from my "much slower 15* headed 408"..

Oh yea BTW I'm about to have a 408..hence the "408 LQ4/L92 STROKER in the works" part in my sig.(read fail)
I haven't had it in yet, just a loose oil burning 402 on a bad tune.

Anything else you want to discuss bub?

Last edited by the_merv; 09-01-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things I noticed is so many people talking about his this thread is depressing...what's so depressing about it???

Because you can't sell your race car/parts? Last I checked (and I have been doing this for a LONG time), if you get can .50 cents on teh dollar for a race car or parts, you are doing good, period.
If ANYONE ever builds a car for an "investement", they need to take some more business classes, as they single handedly are teh worst investment of all time.

So, keep your car, go race it, store it, drive it, whatever...but no point in getting "depressed" because you can't move it....hopefully you knew that before you started building it.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Village Troll

Nothing smartass about what I stated. It's fact. You have absolutely no knowledge of owning/maintaining a solid roller setup and would rather regurgitate uneducated tales you've read or heard from other blowhards... and bragging about doing 120mph w/ a big cube LSx in a 3300lb car?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Much slower huh.. about .6 of a sec and 6mph, I don't think that's much slower..
I was just throwing my opinion out..I see it bothers you.

You were previously wining in the past few posts about how your highly invested 9k project there won't fetch the amount you want back out of it..
I've only got about $6k in my Engine, which is in all reality budget built, and I see very promising results out of this upcoming setup.
I assure you that if I went to a SR Engine with what I have, stepped up the Cam and other things to the capabilities of the setup, and stayed an Auto you wouldn't be thinking "much slower". **** I'm still I'm running stock Milled Heads and a pretty mild Cam compared to your monster(yes that's my opinion). You have some high-end things in your setup to get your 10.5's..alot of it being suspension. You like your Auto, I like my 6spd..though from a 60-roll with the Gears I have you'd have your *** packed from my "much slower 15* headed 408"..

Oh yea BTW I'm about to have a 408..hence the "408 LQ4/L92 STROKER in the works" part in my sig.(read fail)
I haven't had it in yet, just a loose oil burning 402 on a bad tune.

Anything else you want to discuss bub?

I see your MATH challenged, how am I gonna get my "*** packed" by a car that runs 6 mph SLOWER in the 1/4, How EXACTLY does that work????

ANd .6 is 3 car lengths, by a heavier car with a smaller old school engine LOL.

As far as the bad tune,mine has never been tweaked since it was first tuned by Ed Wright with bad gas and two wounded pistons.

I got "high end" stuff LOL. I got 50 year old 23* technology, you got 25 more cubes, 15* heads and a six speed and are 300 pounds lighter, yet I STILL out MPH you....LOL, pack it up dude, your done.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 09-01-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Gen414
First things I noticed is so many people talking about his this thread is depressing...what's so depressing about it???

Because you can't sell your race car/parts? Last I checked (and I have been doing this for a LONG time), if you get can .50 cents on teh dollar for a race car or parts, you are doing good, period.
If ANYONE ever builds a car for an "investement", they need to take some more business classes, as they single handedly are teh worst investment of all time.

So, keep your car, go race it, store it, drive it, whatever...but no point in getting "depressed" because you can't move it....hopefully you knew that before you started building it.

It was just a feeler thread, I have no idea about its worth. Not many are dumb enough to do down the road I did with a LT1. Its been worth it though as far as the shock factor when I open the hood LOL.

Merv in this thread is prime example#1

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 09-01-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

My math is off..hmm..

I got "high end" stuff LOL. I got 50 year old 23* technology, you got 25 more cubes, 15* heads and a six speed and are 300 pounds lighter, yet I STILL out MPH you....LOL, pack it up dude, your done.
402-383=19 more by my count.. I think your math is off bud..

Oh yea I was an Auto at the time.. must be you missed that one too. Read fail again..

I think you should pack it before you dig yourself a deeper hole than this Engine you are trying to sell did.

I would get into my Car but it's not worth it.

It is quite amazing that I state my opinion about something, a mere opinion which in all reality would have no affect to you, your Engine, or even if it sells, and you get that asshurt about it. You honestly think someone in this thread would buy it? How bout a big **** no for that one, expecially after you asking for the worth estimate, yes you asked first, and people telling their honest opinion(holy **** other opinions)about what they thought it was worth and you crying like a baby over it.

And you want to attack me cause I said something about the Cam..

You should have been smart and sold it 2 years ago when the market was alot better.
Grow the **** up and quit being a bitch cause you won't get $9k for your LT1.

Originally Posted by SS RRR
..and bragging about doing 120mph w/ a big cube LSx in a 3300lb car?
How bout you be a good guy and give your brother fastfatass a hug and a shoulder to cry on.. he's apparantley not feeling too good over something.. I heard something along the lines of he couldn't sell his Engine for $9k..something like that..

Last edited by the_merv; 09-01-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Hey Dave how ya bin ?? Just put your drive train in a notchback he he and sell the body ? might be easier ??
Did i get you thinking about the LSX ?? I sold all my 398ci lt1 in parts and built me a carbed LS?.

Here a pic with no motor and with the hole shot wheels

New fresh LS?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

My math is off..hmm..

402-383=19 more by my count.. I think your math is off bud..

Oh yea I was an Auto at the time.. must be you missed that one too. Read fail again..

I think you should pack it before you dig yourself a deeper hole than this Engine you are trying to sell did.

I would get into my Car but it's not worth it.

It is quite amazing that I state my opinion about something, a mere opinion which in all reality would have no affect to you, your Engine, or even if it sells, and you get that asshurt about it. You honestly think someone in this thread would buy it? How bout a big **** no for that one, expecially after you asking for the worth estimate, yes you asked first, and people telling their honest opinion(holy **** other opinions)about what they thought it was worth and you crying like a baby over it.

And you want to attack me cause I said something about the Cam..

You should have been smart and sold it 2 years ago when the market was alot better.
Grow the **** up and quit being a bitch cause you won't get $9k for your LT1.

sorry just had too.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Village Troll

How bout you be a good guy and give your brother fastfatass a hug and a shoulder to cry on.. he's apparantley not feeling too good over something.. I heard something along the lines of he couldn't sell his Engine for $9k..something like that..
All I'm doing is commenting on your incredibly uneducated opinions and hypocrisy.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Merv seems to me like you dont like being called on some stupid *** statements you know NOTHING about.

Mine will crack yours any day all day, and roll racing ...come on dude thats ricer baby ****. Its for people who cant drive or setup a car.

Sucks to be you as I am quicker AND faster with a engine thats smaller, older and the cars heavier. LMAO.

Take a lap Merv.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Lol.. You set it up for the track and talk **** to me about it.. I set mine up for the highway and said come play my game where I'll bust your ***..and ofcourse the typical response.."that's ricer stuff..bla bla bla.."

I set mine up for highway cause I know that is where the T56 shines, there are plenty of us here that do the same.

Ya I don't know how to drive and I have a Stick car..you are a pro with them 2 Petals there sir.

Last edited by the_merv; 09-01-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
9 Second Club

Wow this thread went to hell in a handbasket real quick... LOL......

:popcorn:
Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Drift_king2007

sorry just had too.
Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Wow this thread went to hell in a handbasket real quick... LOL......

:popcorn:
Agree with the both of you..I'm no better cause I get sucked into the childish **** and react. Bad habit.

Quick Reply: How much is my engine worth?