LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hmm should I go SR???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
How about for a pushrod that is 6.125" long? It's either that or like I've stated, it all depends on the application. It is not just the LT1, but any SBC that has horrid valve train alignment/geometry issues.
I have learned I should listen to those who have no experience with SR applications using stud mount rockers on the internet instead of an engine builder who has been building LT1 engines for the last 10 years.
Why stop at 6", why not 4" long? Who cares about a SBC? There's nothing special about building an LTx engine so your guy could be building them for 17 years and it wouldn't make a difference.

As far as solid lifters being taller, it depends on the type that you buy. There are some that are .300 taller, cut-a-way, offset, etc. Also depending on your heads it could change as well, with my RHS heads the angles are revised and the exhaust port is raised so I had to lengthen my pushrods.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you seriously comparing my setup to yours?
Oh Im sorry, I thought you were. Seeing as you were going after my shakedown passes mph. That was your new found purpose in life.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Not at all. You have the superior knowledge and parts to go with it. I just want to see if I can come anywhere close to when you were at a 3800lb race weight with what I have compared. It just seems you are trying to spin this to where you believe just because you claim my ***** cam is almost the same profile as what you are running then I should be in the same ET/MPH range as you are currently. You've already stated what you think it will run therefore that is my goal. I hope like hell to get into the 11.90 range! Thank you for giving me something to strive for!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Not at all. You have the superior knowledge and parts to go with it. I just want to see if I can come anywhere close to when you were at a 3800lb race weight with what I have compared. It just seems you are trying to spin this to where you believe just because you claim my ***** cam is almost the same profile as what you are running then I should be in the same ET/MPH range as you are currently. You've already stated what you think it will run therefore that is my goal. I hope like hell to get into the 11.90 range! Thank you for giving me something to strive for!

LMAO, If that 396 inch solid roller cam dont run 125 mph with a SIX SPEED I would set it ON FIRE.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed Lloyd to see what he has to say, but I think Ill stick to the original plan and get the most out of the current set up, with weight reduction and hooking this thing up, like skinnies mentioned.
In the mean time I will be researching more SR set ups.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
LMAO, If that 396 inch solid roller cam dont run 125 mph with a SIX SPEED I would set it ON FIRE.
That really isn't saying a whole lot about your setup now is it. I mean superior heads/intake/tb/suspension/wheels/tires/etc...
But as said before, if you are retarded enough to think my setup is compatible then knock yourself out, champ.
It seems as though you are mouthing blindly. First you say I have a ***** cam and then change your tune to think our cams are now compatible. You then claim I should run close to the same mph w/out a clue as to how I am set up. Funny.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I emailed Lloyd to see what he has to say, but I think Ill stick to the original plan and get the most out of the current set up, with weight reduction and hooking this thing up, like skinnies mentioned.
In the mean time I will be researching more SR set ups.
I think this is a better route to go in your situation. You have a nice setup, not to mention you just put it all back together lol. Maximize it with suspension upgrades, then put the JUG on it!!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Veteran

That really isn't saying a whole lot about your setup now is it. I mean superior heads/intake/tb/suspension/wheels/tires/etc...
But as said before, if you are retarded enough to think my setup is compatible then knock yourself out, champ.
It seems as though you are mouthing blindly. First you say I have a ***** cam and then change your tune to think our cams are now compatible. You then claim I should run close to the same mph w/out a clue as to how I am set up. Funny.

It is funny, you compared my SMALLER engine with a stalled auto to your bigger engine with a six speed in the MPH dept. LMAO what a joke.

I dont HAVE to say anything about my combo, it speaks for itself.

Truth is, all day everyday I can outrun you. Step up or step out.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Why stop at 6", why not 4" long? Who cares about a SBC? There's nothing special about building an LTx engine so your guy could be building them for 17 years and it wouldn't make a difference.
Sure. Absolutely agree, but with what you state here:
Originally Posted by ulakovic22
However it would be stupid to just do what is needed, esp. on a LTx engine. The geometry is inherently awful...
It would seem you are stating a LTx engine needs more valve train attention. The point is I trust my builder more than those on this site rambling blanket statements about what is required to run a solid roller cam.
As far as solid lifters being taller, it depends on the type that you buy. There are some that are .300 taller, cut-a-way, offset, etc. Also depending on your heads it could change as well, with my RHS heads the angles are revised and the exhaust port is raised so I had to lengthen my pushrods.
Which is why I said it depends on the application.

Last edited by SS RRR; 09-22-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Kinglt,
I know I know......but that damn heavy clutch and drop in HP pisses me off and I want it back!! So my mind starts thinking of what I could/should do. First thought was sell the clutch and get a Spec 3+, but as soon as the car gets sprayed Ill want the ST back anyways.
I really wonder if I dropped a stock 10 bolt and put in a light weight clutch what it would lay down. It will never happen but i wonder. lol!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Village Troll

It is funny, you compared my SMALLER engine with a stalled auto to your bigger engine with a six speed in the MPH dept. LMAO what a joke.
So your top end superiority is completely taken out of the mix?
I dont HAVE to say anything about my combo, it speaks for itself.
It sure does...
Truth is, all day everyday I can outrun you. Step up or step out.
If I run 122mph will that be stepping up?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Kinglt,
I know I know......but that damn heavy clutch and drop in HP pisses me off and I want it back!! So my mind starts thinking of what I could/should do. First thought was sell the clutch and get a Spec 3+, but as soon as the car gets sprayed Ill want the ST back anyways.
I really wonder if I dropped a stock 10 bolt and put in a light weight clutch what it would lay down. It will never happen but i wonder. lol!
You would be suprised what kind of power that 3+ can hold. A guy on here call911, has a d1 383 putting down 614whp. He runs a 3+ in his car with no problems. I can vouch since he is from my area. The car is a BEAST!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...28s_187925.htm
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

It would seem you are stating a LTx engine needs more valve train attention.
We are talking about a LTx, if we were talking about something different I would have interchanged the corresponding acronym. It's true either way so I didn't see an issue.

Which is why I said it depends on the application.
That wasn't in response to you, I just didn't feel like quoting everyone I was answering, I just grabbed the first post and replied.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Ulacovic, SS RRR would argue with a dead rat, if I didnt know any better I would think he was a damn woman.

Every board I see him on its the same old song.

SS RRR, seeing as my car runs quicker than most any STREET LT1's out there on the motor and on pumpgas. You DAMN RIGHT it speaks for itself. Is there any OTHER...REAL streetcar LT1 all motor thats currently quicker? One that can get up on the interstate, drive an hour, make passes at the track and drive an hour home? Larry at LS1 speed is the only other one I can think of. He is close, but is not quicker.

PSSST theres more to come. That aint all thats left in the combo. I got plans.

I found out last night my A/F ratio is 11.5 to 1. I will loosen the converter(seeing as it only flashes to 3600 LMAO), put a 4 hole TB on, retune and look for some low 10's. Stay tuned MPH boy, gonna get interesting this winter.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 09-22-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

True story^^^^ These are some of the quickest LTx street cars I know of.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Mike, that motor will make the same power it did when it loosens up some. Give it some time and get some miles on it this summer.

Mine dyno'd 391rwhp when we finished it 6 yrs ago...pulled the same rwhp this spring when updating the tune and adding S60/28" tires etc. I could care less about dyno numbers excpet when chased gets scared from them...lol
Old 09-22-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
Mike, that motor will make the same power it did when it loosens up some. Give it some time and get some miles on it this summer.
lol
Old 09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Village Troll

Ulacovic, SS RRR would argue with a dead rat, if I didnt know any better I would think he was a damn woman.
There was no argument.
Every board I see him on its the same old song.
Every board? What boards? Christ you and your whining and exaggerating. The only other board you were on was cz28.com with me and:
http://www.iimmgg.com/image/1ef558ca...24f40eb0e3e2e8
I believe that was from when you were too belligerent to listen to moderators who told you to cut the trailer trash superior complex **** you and your dad would splatter on. Just leave this to cars and stop bitching while trying to change the subject.
SS RRR, seeing as my car runs quicker than most any STREET LT1's out there on the motor and on pumpgas. You DAMN RIGHT it speaks for itself. Is there any OTHER...REAL streetcar LT1 all motor thats currently quicker? One that can get up on the interstate, drive an hour, make passes at the track and drive an hour home? Larry at LS1 speed is the only other one I can think of. He is close, but is not quicker.

PSSST theres more to come. That aint all thats left in the combo. I got plans.

I found out last night my A/F ratio is 11.5 to 1. I will loosen the converter(seeing as it only flashes to 3600 LMAO), put a 4 hole TB on, retune and look for some low 10's. Stay tuned MPH boy, gonna get interesting this winter.
Good for you. You set the bar at 122mph @ 3800lbs. That is my goal. I am going to strive for that goal! You are now my guiding light!

Last edited by SS RRR; 09-22-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ac is your SCR/DCR different than with the old motor? have you talked to lloyd about simply upgrading to a more aggressive cam that will compliment your (assumed) safer operating range and possibly higher cr?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

So your gonna be happy about running 122 mph with a solid roller 396 SIX speed?????????? Put a stalled auto in that pile and do it, show me somethin'.

Show me some ET. I took the six speed out of my car. I wanted ET not ricer mph. But just out of curiosity do you think my car would MPH 128 with the converter locked? Hmmmmmmmm.

Buy a damn Supra and roll race.

BTW, I have seen you whining to Bret Bauer on LS1/LT1(BTW his cam profile is in my car), If not mistaken on Speedtalk.

Quick Reply: Hmm should I go SR???