LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

in 8 hours, car suddenly won't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009 | 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Vulcan2422
OPTI is here today guys. Looks like Corey and I are going to tear the car down and put it on. Let's hope for the best!
i have my fingers crossed for you guys. that and i really want to know the outcome. where did you buy your opti from btw ?
Old 10-10-2009 | 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Well hopefully we will have good results tomorrow. I'm working on it over at his house so after already making one tool run I called it a day. Couldn't get the damn BBK underdrive pulley to separate from the hub. So I guess I will just pull the whole hub tomorrow, and hopefully don't have such a hard time getting it back on.
Old 10-12-2009 | 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

So its back up and running. Opti screw had come out, and the washer for that screw was in the lower portion with the disc and all that. Not rusted in there at all. So I don't know if he can use that opti down the road as a spare? Nothing looks really chewed up or anything inside.

So I'm still amazed at what is probably the smallest screw on the whole car can shut the whole thing down.

I also tightened up 4 loose plugs, found the #1 plug wire connection was recessed at the opti, so I changed that wire out, etc... I'm expecting this car to run a bit stronger than it had the first three days it ran.
Old 10-12-2009 | 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camar0corey
So its back up and running. Opti screw had come out, and the washer for that screw was in the lower portion with the disc and all that. Not rusted in there at all. So I don't know if he can use that opti down the road as a spare? Nothing looks really chewed up or anything inside.

So I'm still amazed at what is probably the smallest screw on the whole car can shut the whole thing down.

I also tightened up 4 loose plugs, found the #1 plug wire connection was recessed at the opti, so I changed that wire out, etc... I'm expecting this car to run a bit stronger than it had the first three days it ran.
ahhh man thats great to hear! im glad to hear that the problem is fixed. i hope its something that stupid for me. ill find out this week tho
Old 10-13-2009 | 03:48 PM
Launching!

She is roaring like a monster now after we did the opti and fixed some little stuff.

Now, if only I could tell is the opti we took out was working I could try to sell it on here. Could use the cash!
Old 10-14-2009 | 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

She is roaring like a monster now after we did the opti and fixed some little stuff.

Now, if only I could tell is the opti we took out was working I could try to sell it on here. Could use the cash!
haha thats great to hear. i pulled my opti yesterday but my cap and rotor were fine but the metal backing plate behind it was all rusted over. im hoping my sensor **** the bed...
Old 10-14-2009 | 05:23 PM
Launching!

Apparently the car **** out again. I'm getting sick and tired of this damn car all of a sudden.
Old 10-14-2009 | 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Apparently the car **** out again. I'm getting sick and tired of this damn car all of a sudden.
oh no :\ same problem as before ?
Old 10-14-2009 | 06:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
oh no :\ same problem as before ?
Apparently the wife said it's "knocking" and not shifting like normal. Just waiting for corey to come over so we can see what the hell is wrong with it. This car is just giving me non stop heartburn and anxiety anymore......
Old 10-14-2009 | 07:20 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Apparently the wife said it's "knocking" and not shifting like normal. Just waiting for corey to come over so we can see what the hell is wrong with it. This car is just giving me non stop heartburn and anxiety anymore......
Do you have long tubes with LT4 Knock Module?