LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What injector size do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Fact of the matter is is that without tuning, the AFPR by itself won't do you a bit of good. If you just turn up the pressure by itself, the PCM cannot see that and pulsewidth values will remain unchanged. The result? More fuel for the same pulsewidth, so you'd be running rich. The PCM will see this and begin adjusting the long term fuel corrections to compensate for the change, negating any pressure increase you just did. This is fact.

It is debatable at which point the PCM will begin adjusting, so you MAY see some gains for a short amount of time immediately after you bump the pressue, but this is NOT an accurate way of tuning.

The best thing to do is to pick up injectors rated for your application.
The tuning will need to be done regardless of whether he gets new injectors or tries another approach, so that part doesn't even need to be discussed. We all know the pcm will try to make adjustments to the fuel when in closed loop but will it also try in open loop? and WOT PE mode???? I'd say most likely not. Which is most likely where the OP will need those monster injectors ya'll think he needs.You're right though, he does need injectors rated for the HP levels he will be running. (insert SSR's injector calculator) I was just suggesting that he might try bumping fuel pressure instead of springing for new larger injectors as most would suggest.

Last edited by Michigan Skip; 10-19-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the imput fellas
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 48's ???

I got a nice set of virtually new 48 lb/hr trick flows for sale....send me a PM.

Mike V

Quick Reply: What injector size do I need?