LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTCC help please... (did a search with no results)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this may seem like a silly question, but if install the LTCC system, will I also be getting rid of my MSD BTM ignition box?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

That's correct. The LTCC system will not work with any MSD product other than their OptiSpark distributer, if you wish to use it.

Each LS style coil has all the needed electronics in them for dwell and charging.

The great thing about the LS coil system is that at higher speeds, one coil per cylinder has much more time available to charge vs. one coil firing eight cylinders.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
That's correct. The LTCC system will not work with any MSD product other than their OptiSpark distributer, if you wish to use it.

Each LS style coil has all the needed electronics in them for dwell and charging.

The great thing about the LS coil system is that at higher speeds, one coil per cylinder has much more time available to charge vs. one coil firing eight cylinders.
Well, if my opti is toast it looks like I'll have a practically brand new BTM for sale! Thanks for the info. Now I just need to get this thing diagnosed!

Quick Reply: LTCC help please... (did a search with no results)