LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EFI Connection 24X makes 700RWHP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
The issue you had must have just been bad coils. We have done many Lsx vehicles with 18+ psi and never see a spark blow out issue with stock coils let alone with truck coils.

I hope its just plugs and wires for you come spring since it seems like you had little time to enjoy the car this season.

car looks and sounds great
Agreed. Last week we were consistently pulling a 396ci LT1 (converted to the EFI Connection 24x system) on the dyno at TPIS to 6700rpm with new LS2 ignition coils and had no ignition hiccups. I would expect that they will continue to perform to 8000rpm if the engine was intended to pull that high.

Engine was first tested with LT1 PCM, MSD optispark, and high output coil. The 24x system (with LS1 PCM) showed an increase of 15 hp. Not bad considering the conversion is more about a better PCM, ignition system, and tuning options.

Here's the 396ci LT1 that TPIS dyno'd last week. You're looking at a 58mm electronic throttle with pedal mounted upside down behind the engine. (Electronic Throttle uses an LS1 Corvette calibration; Cable Throttle uses an LS1 Camaro/Firebird/Truck calibration). The spacer between throttle body and manifold is because the Canton valve covers are too large and interfere with the throttle body. All other valve covers clear. This engine will get a different set of valve covers.

Last edited by S10Wildside; 11-04-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:48 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by S10Wildside
Agreed. Last week we were consistently pulling a 396ci LT1 (converted to the EFI Connection 24x system) on the dyno at TPIS to 6700rpm with new LS2 ignition coils and had no ignition hiccups. I would expect that they will continue to perform to 8000rpm if the engine was intended to pull that high.

Engine was first tested with LT1 PCM, MSD optispark, and high output coil. The 24x system (with LS1 PCM) showed an increase of 15 hp. Not bad considering the conversion is more about a better PCM, ignition system, and tuning options.

Here's the 396ci LT1 that TPIS dyno'd last week. You're looking at a 58mm electronic throttle with pedal mounted upside down behind the engine. (Electronic Throttle uses an LS1 Corvette calibration; Cable Throttle uses an LS1 Camaro/Firebird/Truck calibration). The spacer between throttle body and manifold is because the Canton valve covers are too large and interfere with the throttle body. All other valve covers clear. This engine will get a different set of valve covers.

Cool azz TB.

AK95TA, nice numbers!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's definately pimpin.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Very cool #

Going to be doing this to my 93 with a 383
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice numbers, EFI ( great company )
Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

very nice...not too often that you see an lt1 in a newer body. hell i like driving mine at 11psi im too worried ill break mine at 20+psi thats gotta be fun!!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ak95ta
gets a lil spooky when it breks the 315 tires loose at 125 on the freeway.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NICE!!!
I am still learning HPtuners and trying to familiarize myself with the software for this spring when I finally get to run my car.

I WILL be contacting you for more information, I am sure, but thank you for everything you have given me so far!

I am hoping for around 600RWHP from my setup, but after seeing your numbers at 20+psi, I don't know that I will hit 600. I am only planning on 11-12psi from my F1A and no meth setup, but the motor is 10.5to1 CR and already making 485FWHP so I was expecting the F1A to add at least 200-250HP.

Maybe I'll end up blowing the engine up right away then I will just have to rebuild it to a lower CR and more boost friendly and really turn the F1A up!!!

Way to go again, and hopefully I will be up and running and praising the EFI Connections Conversion soon too...
Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninety4three4
Um yea my pants just wiggled...what meth system are you using?...I am thinking of making my own set-up but I need info on the pump flow rate and pressure...OPTI DELTE FTW!!!
It is an Alkycontrol Dual nozzle meth setup. Not too sure on the pump flow rat, sorry. OPTI DELETE FTMFW!!!!!

Originally Posted by shankels94ta
very nice...not too often that you see an lt1 in a newer body. hell i like driving mine at 11psi im too worried ill break mine at 20+psi thats gotta be fun!!
20+psi is a blast, just wish it would happen a little sooner. I might switch to this smaller charger pully I have in the cabinet at home. Then engine was built to handle about 26#.

I can almost guarantee that I have the newest LT1 powered Trans Am on the planet.

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
NICE!!!
I am still learning HPtuners and trying to familiarize myself with the software for this spring when I finally get to run my car.

I WILL be contacting you for more information, I am sure, but thank you for everything you have given me so far!

I am hoping for around 600RWHP from my setup, but after seeing your numbers at 20+psi, I don't know that I will hit 600. I am only planning on 11-12psi from my F1A and no meth setup, but the motor is 10.5to1 CR and already making 485FWHP so I was expecting the F1A to add at least 200-250HP.

Maybe I'll end up blowing the engine up right away then I will just have to rebuild it to a lower CR and more boost friendly and really turn the F1A up!!!

Way to go again, and hopefully I will be up and running and praising the EFI Connections Conversion soon too...
I was kinda curious what happened to you. I hadn't heard from you in a while. Good to see you are still making progress. You will hit 600o with your F1A. I am starting to think that my cam is too small, maybe my compression too low(8.1:1).

I am kinda stumped. Every year, my opti went out around the last days of the year. This is actually the first year in like 3 that I put it away running. I don't know what my winter plans will be for it. Maybe itll just stay under the car cover......maybe not.......
Old 11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I took my car to MT (I live in Western WA) to be finished at my dad's shop, so it has been gone for 3 months. I have nothing to tinker with now!!!! All I have here is HPtuners and I have been slowly reading the Tuner Book you recommended and navigating through the software.

Not sure if you saw the progress pics of what I got done while I was in MT...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2146367/10

Unfortunately my TA is taking a back seat now, I just bought a very expensive full frame for my 69 Camaro.

Quick Reply: EFI Connection 24X makes 700RWHP!!!!