LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help with installing new elbow. Update again! I got it on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty obvious since you've tried many things to get it on and you still havnt gotten it on. Sucks that ppl sell just that doesnt work but you get what you pay for. Ive been there with a similar elbow off ebay but I was able to get it on.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Go to Lowes , Home Depot, or Menards and get a Fernco rubber water pipe connector used to join two black plastic pipes together. Thats what I did the one that came with one kit was so flimsy and tight it was just easier.
$10-12, then your done. Heat it up however is best for you and lube with dish washing detergent, not to much, just enough to help it slip on and use some heat resistant gloves and put it on while still very warm/hot. I hope its not too cold out as it will harden up quick. Use a heat gun on it outside if its cold somewhere up North. Be careful not to overheat it. Good Luck

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Attached Thumbnails Help with installing new elbow. Update again! I got it on!-dsc00491web.jpg  

Last edited by 1993 z28 f1; 11-22-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: pic added
Old 11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it shouldnt be that hard to put on, somethings wrong-probably just the size. That's what you get for cutting corners and buyin ebay crap!!! haha jk man. do you have an aftermarket throttle body or something maybe?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
it shouldnt be that hard to put on, somethings wrong-probably just the size. That's what you get for cutting corners and buyin ebay crap!!! haha jk man. do you have an aftermarket throttle body or something maybe?
Not as far as I know. The car is supposed to be stock.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

Go to Lowes , Home Depot, or Menards and get a Fernco rubber water pipe connector used to join two black plastic pipes together. Thats what I did the one that came with one kit was so flimsy and tight it was just easier.
$10-12, then your done. Heat it up however is best for you and lube with dish washing detergent, not to much, just enough to help it slip on and use some heat resistant gloves and put it on while still very warm/hot. I hope its not too cold out as it will harden up quick. Use a heat gun on it outside if its cold somewhere up North. Be careful not to overheat it. Good Luck

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Holy ****! Thank you so much. I finally got the damn thing on. Your suggestion worked perfectly. Here's a picture! Woo hoo!

Once again...thank you and thank you to everyone who offered a suggestion.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would have been interested in seeing pics of the parts that would not fit. Would the adapter supplied by the seller even fit onto the elbow itself?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BTC
I would have been interested in seeing pics of the parts that would not fit. Would the adapter supplied by the seller even fit onto the elbow itself?
I could get it on the elbow if I struggled with it for a while.....but getting it on the elbow and the throttle body just seemed impossible.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I know this is a dead thread but did you have problems putting the sensor in the side? What about the vacuum tube for the opti? I have the same ebay elbow but haven't installed it yet.

Quick Reply: Help with installing new elbow. Update again! I got it on!