LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new stock LT1 shortblock record

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel6718
that mph is very hard to believe...even at that raceweight...but congrats
there is an easy 2-3+mph still on the table with this nitrous jetting. i can still lean it out some more, add more timing, make it hit right off the line, as well as actually getting the car to go straight....

did i mention it pulls 12-13" of vacuum at idle? lol
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vtec
there is an easy 2-3+mph still on the table with this nitrous jetting. i can still lean it out some more, add more timing, make it hit right off the line, as well as actually getting the car to go straight....

did i mention it pulls 12-13" of vacuum at idle? lol

Need to get this thing back to the track going straight.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

yea no kiddin. looks like the built nitrous LT1 record is 8.9x.... so i guess thats my next goal.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering what's been done lately on stock short blocks and even stroker N/A setups the LT1 nitrous record is about a joke.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vtec,
congrats that is impressive! car looks real tough in the picture!

fergy,
well, i happen to like my 3600# joke nitrous built 6speed trapping almost 156 mph. i wonder what could happen if i could yank 500#'s out of my car.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That wasn't any insult Taner. Yours is the most impressive one. It heavy, it's a 6 speed, you drive it on the street. It's a bad *** street car as much if not more than it is a race car the way I see it, yet it is in the what, top 3? fastest nitrous powered LT1s of all time? None of the other ones have a 6 speed, weigh as much as yours, or get driven on the street to my knowledge.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
9 Second Club

Considering what's been done lately on stock short blocks and even stroker N/A setups the LT1 nitrous record is about a joke.
HAHAHAHA... have to concur with what Taner said.... the difference in power required to pick up 5 tenths from 9.40's is an ASSLOAD of power... probably more than those stock hyperutectics are going to take....

I ran 9.06@154 at 3400 lbs..... at 3100 lbs that would be 8.70's..... and yes i still can and do drive my car on the street occasionally. just not often....

vtec has the right idea. Light car, good nitrous tuneup and small steps.... but any car making that much power on non forged pistons is on borrowed time. Having a forged motor does NOT make you anymore power. It just makes your motor more durable... If he gets it in the 8's and it doesn't blow it will be nothing short of amazing...... i'll congratulate him...

What does this car run on motor????
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by fergymoto
That wasn't any insult Taner. Yours is the most impressive one. It heavy, it's a 6 speed, you drive it on the street. It's a bad *** street car as much if not more than it is a race car the way I see it, yet it is in the what, top 3? fastest nitrous powered LT1s of all time? None of the other ones have a 6 speed, weigh as much as yours, or get driven on the street to my knowledge.
np, as far as i am concerned, as it is EFI, as lt1's are, it is the quickest, but there is 1 carbed lt with a healthy tire out back the has run quicker, but hasn't backed it up either. jake can read but he can't post. so technically currently 2nd quickest if you include carbed lt1's no insult taken, but it isn't that easy to run 8's, but then again i am not that bright!

sorry not to steal thunder, bump for one badass T/A!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Resident Racing Jerk

my junk should have gone 9.20's instead of 9.44. it really was a junk pass. i really only need to pick up 2 tenths to go 8.99.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

This **** is bad ***, did I miss it or did he mention a race weigth for the TA
Old 12-09-2009, 11:05 AM
9 Second Club

Race weight was 3100 lbs..... Looking at your MPH your ET is awesome for that trap speed... 139 with all the calcs i looked at predict a 9.80!!!!

When I went 9.39 it was at like 144-145 IIRC..... Your 60' is killer. even if you go in the 1.2's your overall ET would drop probably like a tenth....

my junk should have gone 9.20's instead of 9.44. it really was a junk pass. i really only need to pick up 2 tenths to go 8.99.
I see what you're saying. But a tenth at these ET's is VERY DIFFICULT.... i'm rooting for you to do it.... It's just not as easy as everyone is leading ppl to believe... I mean your car is the ONLY ONE we've heard of running anywhere close to these times and all of a sudden everyone is acting like there are armies of low 9 second stock shortblock LT1 cars..... For every one of YOUR cars there are thousands of cars with blown motors....

Weight is a big factor as well. vtec's car is not THAT light but comparatively to a 4th gen 3100 ain't bad at all... i plan on getting my car down to 3150-3200 but it's gonna be REALLY hard.... can't wait to see what some of the cars trapping 155ish would ET at sub 3200 lbs....

Last edited by OutlawZ; 12-09-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

i thought about posting up the vid of my 9.44 pass, but i decided not to because i didnt think anyone would have believed it. left on motor, then the nitrous OBVIOUSLY hits like 30' out, and the car goes to the left pretty badly. on top of all that, the scoreboards were turned off due to "grudge day". honestly it looks like a mid 10 sec. pass on video.

i think the car should bang out a 1.28 60' with this tune. it 1.30'd with a 175 shot with no progressive. i had a 1.36 on the 9.44 pass. picking up nearly a full tenth in the 60' alone should be good for around 1.5-2 tenths for the whole track i think. i probably wasted another .05 driving the car back into the groove.
there is also room for improvement on the tune. i think it can hit 143-144ish mph with work on jetting/timing.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Race weight was 3100 lbs..... Looking at your MPH your ET is awesome for that trap speed... 139 with all the calcs i looked at predict a 9.80!!!!

When I went 9.39 it was at like 144-145 IIRC..... Your 60' is killer. even if you go in the 1.2's your overall ET would drop probably like a tenth....

I see what you're saying. But a tenth at these ET's is VERY DIFFICULT.... i'm rooting for you to do it.... It's just not as easy as everyone is leading ppl to believe... I mean your car is the ONLY ONE we've heard of running anywhere close to these times and all of a sudden everyone is acting like there are armies of low 9 second stock shortblock LT1 cars..... For every one of YOUR cars there are thousands of cars with blown motors....

Weight is a big factor as well. vtec's car is not THAT light but comparatively to a 4th gen 3100 ain't bad at all... i plan on getting my car down to 3150-3200 but it's gonna be REALLY hard.... can't wait to see what some of the cars trapping 155ish would ET at sub 3200 lbs....

not sure what calculator you are using but sounds like its giving you more of true MPH instead of trap speed like you would get at the track. 9.80 in real world track times is around 135 mph give or take. his ET is on the quicker side for the MPH but he also has a 1.31 60 ft. which probably most of these mid 9 second cars are not getting. being an auto and 60 footing like he does will result in a better ET per MPH.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
9 Second Club

post it up.... let's see it.....

there is probably some more on the table but your ET is good for that MPH. I spoke to my tuner who has a chart for what ET is the best to expect for certain MPH and your 9.4@139 is right up there with all systems working correctly...

If you can dump the 1.36 down to a 1.30 i say you'll pick up a tenth or like .12 or so... So you'd be solid in the 9.3's.... just be careful with that timing... with hyperutectics your tuning window is VERY narrow.... if you detonate those pistons aren't going to take it at all whereas a forged piston will endure a bit better.... those pistons will shatter like glass with any sign of detonation....

generally a full tenth in 60 is about 2 in the quarter.. generally more like .18 or so from what my timeslips show. but 1.36 a full tenth down is 1.26.... if your car does that i need to hire your chassis guy... ... then again i'm quite a bit heavier....
Old 12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

i thought about posting up the vid of my 9.44 pass, but i decided not to because i didnt think anyone would have believed it. left on motor, then the nitrous OBVIOUSLY hits like 30' out, and the car goes to the left pretty badly. on top of all that, the scoreboards were turned off due to "grudge day". honestly it looks like a mid 10 sec. pass on video.

i think the car should bang out a 1.28 60' with this tune. it 1.30'd with a 175 shot with no progressive. i had a 1.36 on the 9.44 pass. picking up nearly a full tenth in the 60' alone should be good for around 1.5-2 tenths for the whole track i think. i probably wasted another .05 driving the car back into the groove.
there is also room for improvement on the tune. i think it can hit 143-144ish mph with work on jetting/timing.

I think what people need to also realize is this was a starting point time. You have only taken the car to the track what 2 times(1st time in the 1/4) for what maybe 6 total passes since you have put in the new tranny/converter and new nitrous setup?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM
9 Second Club

not sure what calculator you are using but sounds like its giving you more of true MPH instead of trap speed like you would get at the track. 9.80 in real world track times is around 135 mph give or take. his ET is on the quicker side for the MPH but he also has a 1.31 60 ft. which probably most of these mid 9 second cars are not getting. being an auto and 60 footing like he does will result in a better ET per MPH
my tuner has a chart that he uses that shows incrementals if your chassis is taking full advantage of the power you are making.... so it shows 60', 330', 1/8th, etc.... and times for a specific trap speed and weight.... trap speed and weight will give you a specific hp # that you are making roughly.

So with a certain HP you can expect certain incrementals if your chassis is 100% optimized... it's a good chart to show where you are making up time and where you are losing time. If your car is not aerodynamic or it's a nitrous car you will lose time on the backhalf (Pressure dropping in bottle ie power loss)... A turbo car is opposite. not great to the 330', but come on like a ************ in the backhalf... so it's just a good chart to map where you need to adjust...

His ET's are VERY good for 139mph.... showing me that his chassis is really working. so his ET improvements most likely are oinly going to be affected by tune (IE timing, rich/lean, etc).... he's basically driving the **** out of it.... can it pick up 4 tenths in the tune without detonating it? That i have no clue but i'm leaning towards it's a very fine line...

and a starting point running that time is awesome..... what did it run on motor????
Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

here is a shot of the first pass that day. we were not expecting this at all... didnt have the video cam out or anything. 175 shot w/ no progressive, 1.40 60' with the back tires, and you can see its headed left. i tried to ride it out, but it started pulling on up. i pedaled it and it came down hard. knocked the steering badly out of alignment, and forced us to use a tape measure alignment for the following 2 passes. (this could also explain some lost mph... lol)
Old 12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
9 Second Club

here is a shot of the first pass that day. we were not expecting this at all... didnt have the video cam out or anything. 175 shot w/ no progressive, 1.40 60' with the back tires, and you can see its headed left. i tried to ride it out, but it started pulling on up. i pedaled it and it came down hard. knocked the steering badly out of alignment, and forced us to use a tape measure alignment for the following 2 passes. (this could also explain some lost mph... lol)
welcome to the bent steering rack club..... of which i am also a member.... mine is still bent.. My SYA bars were pretzeled up underneath the oil pan on one side and the other was folded under the header tube.....

you won't ever expect wheelstands but try to grab 2nd IMMEDIATELY and ride it out. The gearing of the tranny will generally have it come down softer. is it a PG car or TH400???
Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
welcome to the bent steering rack club..... of which i am also a member.... mine is still bent.. My SYA bars were pretzeled up underneath the oil pan on one side and the other was folded under the header tube.....

you won't ever expect wheelstands but try to grab 2nd IMMEDIATELY and ride it out. The gearing of the tranny will generally have it come down softer. is it a PG car or TH400???
th400 wheelie maker. to show how important track prep can be, i ran the car 2 days prior with everything the exact same but at a crappy track. had a 1.39 60' with the fronts coming up 4-5" spinning and going RIGHT. next pass at a good track and it was nearly on the bumper.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

dammmmmmmmm

Quick Reply: new stock LT1 shortblock record