LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Were can I get a Fast System from?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aug181983
4k stall,12bolt,Qa1's,Bmr everything else Full suspen. car weighs Id say 31-3200 alone. I can get it tuned for motor and always pull timimg out with a Msd Dig. 6 myself right. Can I preset the Dig. 6 to be set up so the minute I activate the Nos the Dig. 6 will activate also. Its because im a street racer and I never know if im going to have to spray on someone or not thats why....I just dont want to have to spray if i dont have to.
That is correct, you can make the N20 system your "trigger" to begin retarding timing.
It's not terribly uncommon. Hit the N20 section for ideas and questions specific to N20 and timing setup.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Launching!

ok will do thanks alot
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

Darren the cars you speak of also have some killer driveline parts. I know you said yourself that your car and others make little HP, but run some really impressive times. I have no doubt a stock head works since I run them and feel my car runs very well for a car I drive around and to the track 1.5+ hrs.

I look forward to my ECU conversion over a FAST being I have a 4L60E for 1 and we do a ton of LSx tuning. The SD tuning I know can be done with a stock ECU, but is a major PITA and then I still lack the RPM and deal with the damn opti. I do not expect to see some huge gains, but I know what a stock Lsx ECU is capable of.

as for the OP I would speak to Lloyd again since the combo noted will not really benefit from the option of running 7500+
Old 12-07-2009, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
Darren the cars you speak of also have some killer driveline parts. I know you said yourself that your car and others make little HP, but run some really impressive times. I have no doubt a stock head works since I run them and feel my car runs very well for a car I drive around and to the track 1.5+ hrs.
Exactly my point in regards to heads. Of course the aftermarket stuff can be better. Just the suggested limits of the stock heads were way off base.

I look forward to my ECU conversion over a FAST being I have a 4L60E for 1 and we do a ton of LSx tuning. The SD tuning I know can be done with a stock ECU, but is a major PITA and then I still lack the RPM and deal with the damn opti. I do not expect to see some huge gains, but I know what a stock Lsx ECU is capable of.
This is one of those "each to his own" deals when it comes to controls. The Opti that is in my Formula is the same one that GM put on the stock LT1 in 1995. I can't even remember how many motors it has been on! It has been slightly modified for high rpm operation and I am running a crank trigger (which gained zero). Good point on the 4L60E. Other than that I can't see a single advantage of the LSX computer over a FAST, etc.

as for the OP I would speak to Lloyd again since the combo noted will not really benefit from the option of running 7500+
That 8500 number opens a whole different can of worms.....

Quick Reply: Were can I get a Fast System from?