LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone Daily Drive an LT1 with a powerdyne??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Daily Drive an LT1 with a powerdyne??

i was wondering if anyone does... becasue i can get a pretty good deal on one. it will be 4.5 LBS

im all forged but running stock compression and i was wondering if that would be ok idk i think it would be cool
Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew a guy back in 2001 that daily drove his TA with a Powerdyne on it. The unfortunate thing is, they aren't made anymore. You can get the head unit rebuilt for about 500$. It's your call. I would do it too!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

if your bottom end is forged 4-6psi shouldnt be a problem. Once you hit the 8-10psi range your going to get into the danger zone.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Even if your bottom end was stock it wouldn't be an issue with proper tuning. There was a Trans Am on CZ28.com years ago in the 11s with a Powerdyne. But the consensus was, for throwing one on a daily driver with bolt ons, it was fine, but if you ever wanted more power they were best bypassed for a Vortech or ATI. Your going to want more and you'll be limited with how much more with that particular blower.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Launching!

I drive mine quite a bit with my stock bottom end & 6psi on the powerdyne
Old 01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Launching!

oh cool yeah the thing is im not worried about the power i am gonna get out of one... well of course im looking for power but i think the way my car is now fast i just wanna maybe add the cool sound of a blower on my car

and also the power outcome and if i did run one im positive i wont go over 4.5 PSI but yeah

i just want to make my motor last but i know adding forced induction to any motor isnt gonna make a motor last as long a as NA motor so my main question is how many miles would a motor last with one of the powerdyne units on it and of course considering the motor is allways kept in good condition ie. tune up and all maintance up to par
Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 94lt1white_bird
oh cool yeah the thing is im not worried about the power i am gonna get out of one... well of course im looking for power but i think the way my car is now fast i just wanna maybe add the cool sound of a blower on my car

and also the power outcome and if i did run one im positive i wont go over 4.5 PSI but yeah

i just want to make my motor last but i know adding forced induction to any motor isnt gonna make a motor last as long a as NA motor so my main question is how many miles would a motor last with one of the powerdyne units on it and of course considering the motor is allways kept in good condition ie. tune up and all maintance up to par
This blower makes NO noise, the motor will last a long time as long as the tune is spot on! Ditch the FMU and get big injectors and get dyno tuned
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all you want is noise and no power then slap a 58mm TB on there as they whisle quite a bit and kinda sound like air being forced in (at least it does on mine). Plus it'll save you a few grand.

If you really want a whine get a turbo kit for that sucker as turbos whine a bit when spooling up and then you have the bov.

Quick Reply: Anyone Daily Drive an LT1 with a powerdyne??