LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2010 LTX Shootout Classes & Rules are Posted

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010 | 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

I like to race but the real fun is just in going and meeting/hanging with everyone!
Old 01-15-2010 | 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by buzz12586
Yea Ex Street NA. I am hoping to run this year. I am taking some more weight out and hoping to go 11.89 in good air. Plus my auto will be more consistent than you 6 speed boys. lol
Right on, hope to see ya there! Autos a re more consistant for sure, I'm doing some things over the winter to make my M6 as consistant as I can while remaining within the EX NA rules.

Speaking of good air, can't be too much worse than last year's shootout, the DA that day was like 3400' if I remember correctly. Likely would have seen a little better than high 11s if the air had been better.

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Me too!! Although still debating on runnin ES PA, maybe both.
You better run NA also punk

Last edited by Colin91Z; 01-15-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2010 | 04:17 PM
hashtagBMW

I like to race but the real fun is just in going and meeting/hanging with everyone!
Truth.

Its January right now, some of you guys need to put $40 in a piggy bank each month and save till August and then you'll have enough coin to drive/fly and hang out with everyone. Obviously the rules can't pertain to everyone so just have fun!
Old 01-15-2010 | 04:35 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Truth.

Its January right now, some of you guys need to put $40 in a piggy bank each month and save till August and then you'll have enough coin to drive/fly and hang out with everyone. Obviously the rules can't pertain to everyone so just have fun!
Yep! Here is Mr. Speed Density himself having fun at LTX 2008

He is at the front of the hump line in the beginning. LMAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZl8s3x-wQ

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 01-15-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2010 | 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

I lol everytime I see that!!! To bad I didnt have my car at the time.

Tony do you have any shirts left from last yr? I cant find mine and would like to buy another one.
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:11 PM
8 Second Club

Tony do you have any shirts left from last yr? I cant find mine and would like to buy another one.
Numerous people have asked for more and I meant to get more made....just never got around to it.
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Ill just have to buy a couple extra's next yr. Any chance on some black ones?
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Everyone is going to wear T-shirts with their username on them, right?

Already got mine made.

-Dustin-
Old 01-15-2010 | 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

I plan on making one with my username on it.
Old 01-15-2010 | 06:02 PM
Banned

I have a good hook up on T's, so let me know.
Old 01-15-2010 | 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Formula383
Actually it's exactly the opposite. We make the rules and classes to attract as many as possible. This is the 3rd year for the shootout and this is also the 3rd year with different rules and classes. We've changed them each year to accommodate as many different types of builds as possible without sacrificing the competition level of the classes. We also have to keep in mind that there are more than just Camaros and Firebirds with LTX platforms. Impalas, Vettes, Roadmasters, etc also have to fit into these classes.

Opening up the rules "a little" may actually cause less people to show up because they are going to be out-spent, out-modded or plain out-run. The 2009 ES N/A winner went 12.09 @ 116 and the 2009 ES PA winner went 10.91 @ 128. Tweaking the rules in some cases may drop the ET by .5 or or even a full second. FWIW, I don't know too many 9.9x LTX powered street cars and it wouldn't be any fun for 90% of the cars in a class to get beat by a full second or more.

The heart of this event has really been about our community coming together for some fun and winning a class was just something that made the trip a little better. We'll be driving almost 2,000 miles round trip this time from TX and I'm sure there will be a few with a longer trip than us. So I hope you understand that we really do want as many people there as possible and I think it shows by our decision to move the event farther east and also later in the year. We listened to the guys from the northeast and east coast who wanted a chance to attend and now they have it.

Thanks for your feedback. We still hope to see you there.
I appreciate this post and totally understand where you are coming from. I am all for growing the LTx community in anyway possible. As the shootout becomes bigger, maybe more classes should come about. It would be cool to see a bolt on class or something of the like. I give you guys a lot of credit for making the rules, it is IMPOSSIBLE to amke everyone happy.

I wanted to compete in the street class because my car is a complete street car (it really is). Im not saying I dont think i can keep up in mod, but I wanted to run this race as a total street car.

EDIT: I still very well may be down there jsut to meet some of you guys
Old 01-15-2010 | 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

i supossedly have a few Ts that have the blame the opti logo and Achotrod on them. lol
Well see if I ever get them though its been months.
Old 01-15-2010 | 07:15 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Everyone is going to wear T-shirts with their username on them, right?
If y'all even glance at my car, you'll know it's me.

(psst, rear window/hatch)

Old 01-15-2010 | 07:36 PM
11 Second Club

I knew it was you from the unpainted fender!!!
Old 01-15-2010 | 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

So the Mrs. Really wants to make our own shirts after reading this LOL.

Hers will say Mrs DopdBrd haha

The more and more you guys talk about this the more and more I'm getting excited!!!
Old 01-16-2010 | 12:10 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

I knew it was you from the unpainted fender!!!
This is my car on the morning I was supposed to load it up and drive to the shootout. Like many racers, my car had been just recently put together (again) and I was heading to a certain spot the night before to do a little "testing" with a certain green Fox body Mustang. Well, the front skinny blew out, ruining my whole night and causing me to run across town the next morning to get a fender, new front tires, and do a wild thrash to get it hung on the car. Left for the shootout a couple hours late and exhausted... but we made it and the car went down the track.

Moments after the last picture was hastily snapped, I pulled the car out and strapped it on the trailer. I never want to show up to such a big event so exhausted again. I understand I wasn't the only one who had an emergency thrash, but let me tell you it sucks showing up not 100% ready to race and party with all of our fellow LTX crazies. I owe a big thanks to Clayton who ran over and helped me with the thrash. He was just supposed to ride up with me and got pulled into my little drama. Good man and a good friend.
Old 01-16-2010 | 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Damn that skinny did alot of damage!! Good hustle to get it done!!!
It was hell for me last yr also. During testing 2 weeks b4 the shootout my trans blew up. Then I had 0 time to test after getting it fixed, then found my Master/slave line was busted loading the car on the trailer. I worked on the car during during testing day of the shootout and made my first pass during qaulifying.
Old 01-16-2010 | 07:42 PM
9-Second Club

[QUOI'd like people to realize that there are even more advantages to running one on a street car. A 4x OBD1 setup with its low resolution tables will NEVER run as smoothly as a 24x system at part throttle, and it has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to tune. More resolution, is more resolution, is more resolution[QUOTE]

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. The higher pulse count is for quicker start-ups. Without a distributor the PCM needs to know which cylinder is which so it knows which coil to fire. Fewer pulses require more revlolutions to determin which cyl is, for instance, #1. The pulses are not evenly spaced, and the PCM can tell (by measuring time between pulses) which coil to fire first to get things going. (This is stright from the GM training center). They now use 56 pulses for the same reason. That has no effect on power or smoothness. The pugs still fire once every other rev (nmber of pulses don't matter), unlike the DIS system which fires every rev, thus "waste spark".
Old 01-16-2010 | 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. The higher pulse count is for quicker start-ups. Without a distributor the PCM needs to know which cylinder is which so it knows which coil to fire. Fewer pulses require more revlolutions to determin which cyl is, for instance, #1. The pulses are not evenly spaced, and the PCM can tell (by measuring time between pulses) which coil to fire first to get things going. (This is stright from the GM training center). They now use 56 pulses for the same reason. That has no effect on power or smoothness. The pugs still fire once every other rev (nmber of pulses don't matter), unlike the DIS system which fires every rev, thus "waste spark".
Thanks for educating me on that, but fact remains that the LS1 PCM has higher resolution tables and that has everything to to do with power and smoothness.

edit: as well as a faster reacting processor, and dual knock sensor capability.

Last edited by JoeliusZ28; 01-16-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2010 | 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

This will be my first time out. Which class? Ex street n/a and/or p/a is looking good. First, gotta' start working on the mods I listed for the year and hopefully be done in time for the shootout.

Last edited by BOLO; 01-18-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 LTX Shootout Classes & Rules are Posted