LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How about an off the record 6 speed NA action at the LTx Shootout?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How about an off the record 6 speed NA action at the LTx Shootout?

I know that a class like the first year isn't happening, or if this is even possible with the time constraints. But who would be interested in a little side by side 6 speed grudge action? I think it would be fun if its possable to get some side by side manual braggin rights racing.

That being said.

Tanner and Brady, bring your oversized motor blue cars on. I got a little red car that wants a piece.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure some test and tune call out passes could be worked out
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YES you need a seperate class from MOD N/A!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

I still will be in mod NA. Which looks like may turn into a kinda 6 speed shootout..lol. I've been waiting to beat...I mean line up with tanner for a while and we never seen to be able to make it happen. This may be the year.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I know that a class like the first year isn't happening, or if this is even possible with the time constraints. But who would be interested in a little side by side 6 speed grudge action? I think it would be fun if its possable to get some side by side manual braggin rights racing.

That being said.

Tanner and Brady, bring your oversized motor blue cars on. I got a little red car that wants a piece.

You could run each other in qualifying. That way it doesn't take up any more time or wear and tear.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
You could run each other in qualifying. That way it doesn't take up any more time or wear and tear.
6 speed shootout in MOD N/A? Dont count us automatic doods out just yet. I am making some changes(probably to shorten the life of my trans LMAO)
Old 01-20-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

That would be a sweet race

Hell, Tim you can drive my car if ya like? I gave Taner the same option
Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flyin,

if yours is built for motor, i would be happy to run it.

tim,

i don't know if i am bringing a gun or a knife to this event. if i have the motor gear in, i will gladly line them up but.....if the spray gear is in , well we can line up but you will probably spank me, lol! keep in mind you i may have cubes but you most certainly have the weight advantage. i think if i came in motor mode, it would be a great race!

and my motor car is a nitrous built car, lol!

be sure to bring some of that shitty beer so i can dump it on the ground, lol!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

^^hahahaha!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Junkie

...and the smack-talking begins.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

fast boy, I figured that would get some of you ride along racers fired up. Make sure your radio is working so you have something to do as you go down the track.

Flyin, I will yank some gears in your car if you want...I can't guarantee the results though..lol or better yet...get in your car and grab a lane.

Tanner, your mr I love to work on my car at the track..just change your gears between classes..ha. And I wouldn't call my car a NA build, there is heavy stuff in that thing. I may have a few lbs on you but your big bad stroker shouldn't have problems giving up some weight to a little stock cranked motor. I'm making a prediction... RED > BLUE

I'm not bringing any beer, I'm drinking all of yours. Actually I may bring you some Louisiania beer for you to try...and pore out...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

I would be down for this just dont want to make you all look bad!!!!
http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...K-TALKN-THREAD!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Dont have to worry guys, my trans is built. All the parts have been upgraded, except for the gears themselves and the shalfs'.

Sounds like it should be a good time!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Everyone knows Texas build Racecars are always faster

I bet we could have Tony make up an extra Trophy with a shifter on top.
$50.00 buy in winner take all, plus braggin rights till next year
( Might have to do the cash deal on the side, and hold the 6spd class till afterwards)

I'm down for some racing.....
Old 01-23-2010, 03:53 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
fast boy, I figured that would get some of you ride along racers fired up. Make sure your radio is working so you have something to do as you go down the track.

Flyin, I will yank some gears in your car if you want...I can't guarantee the results though..lol or better yet...get in your car and grab a lane.

Tanner, your mr I love to work on my car at the track..just change your gears between classes..ha. And I wouldn't call my car a NA build, there is heavy stuff in that thing. I may have a few lbs on you but your big bad stroker shouldn't have problems giving up some weight to a little stock cranked motor. I'm making a prediction... RED > BLUE

I'm not bringing any beer, I'm drinking all of yours. Actually I may bring you some Louisiania beer for you to try...and pore out...
change gears between rounds, lol!!! now that is just crazee! maybe the trans, but not the gears! and where the heck is LouisianIa ? lmao!!!

so when did you stick a nitrous cam in that thing, maybe you want to change your gears and i am sure i git a bottle for you to borrow

giving up a little weight, since when is 400 - 500 lbs a little weight

texas...sheeeit, i have heard that fo' years now! looks like louisinIais gonna put a hurting on all of us....it almost makes me want to throw the motor gear in her for LTX....we shall see!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 AM
11 Second Club

ok lets hear it Tim, what the new setup? Hell i dont even know what the old setup was, lol.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

what are these 6 speed things you are talking about?
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by taner
change gears between rounds, lol!!! now that is just crazee! maybe the trans, but not the gears! and where the heck is LouisianIa ? lmao!!!

so when did you stick a nitrous cam in that thing, maybe you want to change your gears and i am sure i git a bottle for you to borrow

giving up a little weight, since when is 400 - 500 lbs a little weight

texas...sheeeit, i have heard that fo' years now! looks like louisinIais gonna put a hurting on all of us....it almost makes me want to throw the motor gear in her for LTX....we shall see!
Bring you a 93 tranny with the shorter gears and swap between rounds..I will hold our beer

that weight should be no big deal for you 900 cubic inch motor. I have a nitrous kit sitting on the shelf...and my cam likes nitrous just fine.

roadtrip. Its nothing exotic like you guys have. From my old setup which was ross pistons/eagle rods/stock crank/GM lt4 heads ported by a friend of mine/lt4 intake and solid roller with shaft mounts. I rebuild the bottom end using same internals, swapped to a slightly bigger cam(26x/27x 700ish lifts) and converted the car to single plane/top mount 4 hole TB, and put in crank trigger/distrib. Mine is in the back and isn't as cool as yours. I run a pro shifted t-56, ram clutch and 4.57 gears(may change..we will see how this runs out. Full madman suspension.

Quick Reply: How about an off the record 6 speed NA action at the LTx Shootout?