LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Horrible day

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horrible day

Well when i woke up this morning i had it set in my mind that this was going to be a good day...boy was i wrong. Today was the day that i was moving my Z to a 12x30 storage unit that i rented to rebuild my car in. So me and my step-father went to pick up the trailer to haul the camaro. Everything was going fine so far. The car went on the trailer rather easily to my suprise. So once the car was strapped down we were on our way. Aparently my step-father forgot to mention that the steering gear box on his truck was loose and it wandered a bit on the highway. So here i am driving down the highway at 55 MPH and the trailer starts wagging and there steering weel is nothing but slop! Needless to say that scared the **** outta me. So we get to the storage unit and unload the car and get it put away and start heading out. I pull up to the keypad to open the gate, and open it. I start pulling through and BOOM! I look back and one of the wheels clipped the metal protection post for the keypad! It was a tight fit to begin with, i barely made it on the way in. But i wasnt so lucky on the way out. The wheel was trash, the lip was bent very badly and the bead poped so the tire was flat. I made it to a tire place and luckily they had a exact match to the wheel! So 15 bucks later i had a new wheel and i thought that was it...WRONG! After the tire shop took the wheel off, i noticed that i bent the axel tube on the trailer, my stomach sank. So i called up my buddy and told him what had happened. He wasnt mad at all and said **** happens. I made a call to a local trailer shop and i had to shill out another $240 bucks for a new trailer axel. So all in all it was a pretty shitty day. Sorry so long guys but i had to vent.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at least nothing bad happened to the camaro! *knock on wood*
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear man. That sounds like the kind of luck, I've got.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

bad day? nothing happen to the camaro, i say it was pretty good
Old 04-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Hey I ruined my whole rear passenger side panel on my 99 z today so don't feel too bad, and I did it all by my dumbass self coming in too narrow into my little *** garage. Yes I did cry
Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Resident

yeah i guess i can look at it that way, nothing did happen to the car! ^^^ sorry to hear about your Z man, that sucks!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Just be glad GregBob wasn't driving your vehicles. You all would be happy to just get away with the minimal carnage you all suffered. There would have been some major high dollar mechanical breakdown just by the mere presence of him sitting behind the steering wheel.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greg "hands of death" Rob
Old 04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bad_tx_Z28
So here i am driving down the highway at 55 MPH and the trailer starts wagging
Just for info, this usually means you had too much weight on the back of the trailer, either right over or behind the axles. You want to position the car so the weight is biased towards the tongue.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by gregrob
Greg "hands of death" Rob
Best name ever.