LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:10 AM
ADM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for Solomon too, he helped me out through everything and was patient with me.

But his tune kills the lope sound on the CC503 through the Hooker Aerochamber lol it sounds like you almost don't have a cam but damn does it drive smooooooooooooooooooth and power is consistent!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

I have a pcmforless tune and it seems to datalog ok. Can't see anything wrong with it. I plan on getting dynotuned in the future, I will be able to tell how spot on it really is after that.

However the driveability of the car can be questioned. Its pretty rough, alot of bucking goin on. But at WOT if purrrrrsss like a kitten. Or a pissed off Lion.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
To my knowledge they both do. It's very common with Brians tunes to use impala tables. My tune was junk I'm telling you, and good luck getting any kind of support from that place.
how long ago did you have this experience?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had Ion from Madtuner mail order tune my bolt-on car with just headers and now with the cam it has his updated tune. I've never dynoed the car with either tune, so I can't comment on a/f ratio, but I've had no driveability problems or stuttering, bucking, etc... I'm definitely going to get the car dynoed soon, so I'll be able to see how close the tune really is. But, so far I've been impressed with both of his tunes. Plus he sent both within a day of ordering.

Now my dad has a '96 T/A with a PCMforless tune and it seems a bit off. Granted, his car has LE2 heads/LE1.2 cam with upped compression, so its harder to get the tune spot on, but it feels a bit down on power compared to my car. When we gave them a call to see what the car was actually tuned for (bought car already modded), we spoke to Brian and he wasn't too helpful. Said that they don't keep tunes saved for customers. Seems kind of fishy to me like he just wants your money for another tune...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ADM
I vote for Solomon too, he helped me out through everything and was patient with me.

But his tune kills the lope sound on the CC503 through the Hooker Aerochamber lol it sounds like you almost don't have a cam but damn does it drive smooooooooooooooooooth and power is consistent!
I was thinking the same thing. Car definitely sounded more tame. Maybe that's what a tuned car is supposed to sound like ::shrug:: Runs great though so I can't complain. I still have some things that need tweaking. Runs a tad rich up top

Quick Reply: mail order tune