LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to do with th lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chas010
you will need alot of nos to get my bolt ons ls1 lol now please stay on topic, i can film this kill what would you all like to see?
I say you top it out and put it into an overpass porsche girl style(with you in it of course)
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow! I have a 94 trans am with no motor. This motor would be perfect for it!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, just because your LT1 doesn't run well doesn't make it crap. The engine is only as good as the person who built it and the parts it has...it's not your motor's fault

and if you're ready to throw in the towel just like that, I'm geussing a motor swap project probably isn't for you either
Old 06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the motor and put it into a Honda hatch or geo metro shell. Sleeper...!!! Find a cheap used rear end from a junk yard and have fun with it. If it still runs, find some local guy to buy it, or part it out to help finance the LS-x build.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you know i can see how someone can get fed up with something. i often get feed up and have to walk away from things because i have a bad temper one of my many flaws.

i wont disagree that the ls1 is a better platform form.

but to just destroy something to destroy it makes you an idiot in my book. the worst part is your destroying something that could be sold and make you money which really shows how slow you are.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can beat Bolt on LS1's with my mods.....learn to drive..Kids full of it. Prob dose not have heads or cam
Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
I say you top it out and put it into an overpass porsche girl style(with you in it of course)
i agree
Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lt1??? lol why lt1 when he says he can get a ls1!!! Its like me saying why keep my ls1 if i can get a ls7.. Its an upgrade!! Just because you guys have lt1s stop getting mad that the ls1 is a far better design and can be made faster than the lt1 with less money. I dont like the lt1 because they always mess up. Its funny when i go to shops they talk crap about the lt1 and tell me its not worth putting money init when theirs alot of cheap ls1s out their. If i break my motor you think im going to drop another ls1..lol uhhh no im going to go better like a ls2 or lq4 ect depending if im going to run boost. You can find ls1s cheap and lt1 but its just better to fix up the ls1.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
lt1??? lol why lt1 when he says he can get a ls1!!! Its like me saying why keep my ls1 if i can get a ls7.. Its an upgrade!! Just because you guys have lt1s stop getting mad that the ls1 is a far better design and can be made faster than the lt1 with less money. I dont like the lt1 because they always mess up. Its funny when i go to shops they talk crap about the lt1 and tell me its not worth putting money init when theirs alot of cheap ls1s out their. If i break my motor you think im going to drop another ls1..lol uhhh no im going to go better like a ls2 or lq4 ect depending if im going to run boost. You can find ls1s cheap and lt1 but its just better to fix up the ls1.

most of us are "mad" because he is an idiot and want to destroy a perfectly good motor for no reason! not for swaping to an ls1.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Notice all the people that have lt1s get mad.. Why is that??lol I dont like the lt1 because my issues with it and see you all have some quick lt1s which is good but if you can do a ls1 swap then go for it. If your lt1 is putting it down then thats great too. You all manage to do somthing that i couldnt do when i had my lt1s. Just because i prefer the ls1 over the old lt1 dosnt make me a tool. If the guy wants to blow it up then who cares. To be honest with you lt1 owner I give you props to be able to run the times some of you all run.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it runs good keep it. If you just dont want it sell it or trade it.. Blowing anything up stamp GM is stupid"
Old 06-14-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chas010
you will need alot of nos to get my bolt ons ls1 lol now please stay on topic, i can film this kill what would you all like to see?
You driving the car up to like 120mph, and then veer off the road into a bridge abutment. Now get to it.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

If it runs good keep it. If you just dont want it sell it or trade it.. Blowing anything up stamp GM is stupid"

thank you now u see where we are comeing from
i have 2 very close friends with 9 second ls1 cars ls1's are a great motor not busting on them at all.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Notice all the people that have lt1s get mad.. Why is that??lol I dont like the lt1 because my issues with it and see you all have some quick lt1s which is good but if you can do a ls1 swap then go for it. If your lt1 is putting it down then thats great too. You all manage to do somthing that i couldnt do when i had my lt1s. Just because i prefer the ls1 over the old lt1 dosnt make me a tool. If the guy wants to blow it up then who cares. To be honest with you lt1 owner I give you props to be able to run the times some of you all run.
Yeah, you are not getting what we are saying. We are "Mad" Not because he wants to swap in a LS1. Hell, I want an LS1 Car also. But I like my LT1 as well. Every Motor no matter the make can have problems and issues if not properly taken care of. Some last a bit longer than others. We are "mad" because the kid is obviously a tard who has no understanding what so ever. He talks about blowing up the engine when he could obviously part it out or sell it. No "REAL" gear head would do such a thing no matter what engine it was. (Blowing up a motor on purpose is stupid) And it is obvious to me the kid has no appreciation for the car or engine which shows me chances are mommy or daddy are the ones who payed for the car in the first place.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I would just keep it and run it...
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i hear you all now.. Their just people that are like that and you can keep telling them but fu*k it if he wants to do it. He is just waisting his own money. Its kinda like throwing a few hundred bucks through the car window if you ask me..
Old 06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol reminds me..I need to go to my moms house i got almost a complete lt1 motor there that i need to sell or part out
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

well he also said his ls1 car with headers just header was faster and then his h/c lt1 that ran 11.40's. idk of any stock ls1's with headers only running any were near that fast .
who knows he may not even have a camaro or a car period for that matter
Old 06-14-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

Notice all the people that have lt1s get mad..
No one here is mad. I just skimmed through all 3 pages of this thread and no one's mad at all. It has more less been everyone laughing at you and your little newfound LS1 buddy that wants to junk his 11-second LT1.

I hold nothing against anyone who wants to switch from an LT1 to an LS1, if you've got the money and time than do it, as we all know an LS1 is a better engine.

I will however laugh at this person because:
1) They've already sunk a ton of money into a motor that they'll never see again.
2) They're giving up on this motor because they "only ran" mid 11's with a baby cam. Regardless of whether the heads are ported or not, that's still a pretty damn good time on such a small cam like the 503. I'm sure there's plenty of LS1 cars with similar mods that aren't any faster than that, too. Put a bigger cam in it, high compression pistons, tune it and watch it go faster, dumbass.
3) They actually are a big enough loser to go to an LT1 forum and try to stir up a scene to make themself feel better... and at the same time can't spell to save their life.

Good thing he's got you in here to help him out by preaching to us things we already know about the LT1 and LS1. Good job both of you guys, winners in my book.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He's blaming the LT1 platform because he can't make it fast. That doesn't make any sense. If I could pick the top four smallblocks to build the LT1 would be one of them. I own both an LS1 and an LT1. If you're starting from scratch it isn't worth going with either anymore for all-out race. The LS3/LS7 is the way to go. LT1s and LS1s make great street/strip machines for a low price.