Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Wait for it....
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!

lolz
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I just ordered one with the lifetime warranty. Damn car will run fine then choppy as hell at a random time interval, even after a coil and ICM swap. Great.... Car sat for three weeks in humid FL. I've driven this thing through nasty storms as my DD, guess if you let it sit though, forget it.

So I noticed though it says 94-97? Granted I have a 95 motor in the car so I need the newer style anyway, but I thought 92-94 used the spline drive, or was that a late 94 change?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Well I just ordered one with the lifetime warranty. Damn car will run fine then choppy as hell at a random time interval, even after a coil and ICM swap. Great.... Car sat for three weeks in humid FL. I've driven this thing through nasty storms as my DD, guess if you let it sit though, forget it.

So I noticed though it says 94-97? Granted I have a 95 motor in the car so I need the newer style anyway, but I thought 92-94 used the spline drive, or was that a late 94 change?
We don't sell the lifetime distributor to cars that have had a motor swap. Please let me know where you purchased it (ebay, google checkout, or over the phone) so I can refund the difference and send you a warranty exception sheet.

We cover this in the official opti thread. Its just one of those things where everyone before you has to ruin it. There have been so many people that have hack job engine swaps and it was obvious once we started checking VINs that it was a major issue.

Hope you understand.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jkicak
well, i just placed my order.... my waterpump has been leaking and i'm quite sure the former owner never did a tuneup on the car so i guess it's time to just do it all in one shot. although most people to stay with oem parts i thought i would give this a shot
Your order just shipped. Good idea on the water pump, highly recommended!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its merely a 95 in a 94, still an fbody. I don't see where there would be an issue? Its a direct swap, I didn't have to change anything.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

so this opti is only 70 bucks brand new? can i get a link?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Hey bud. I just wanted to drop by and say Congrats on being a sponser here. Your company seems to have grown alot in the past year. I bet me and my friend had to of been one of the 1st people to try out your opti's lol. I always recomend your optis to everyone on several differnet fourms for your great product, customer service, and fast shipping. Unfortanatly for you I now own an LS1 so I won't need any more lol. But my brother has my old car now so he wil continue w/ you. My old car is still runing strong and I believe going on 2 years now w/ your opti.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
so this opti is only 70 bucks brand new? can i get a link?
http://chandlermotorsports.com/11040...optispark.html

Last edited by sepno77; 09-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Teching In

How do I obtain one of these magical wonders. Under 100 for an opti? I'm in. My water pump blew and I'm in need of one.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nw280zguy
How do I obtain one of these magical wonders. Under 100 for an opti? I'm in. My water pump blew and I'm in need of one.
You can use the purchase link in my signature. Its a little cheaper than eBay since there are no fees to sell it
Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

I think I'm going to get one of these for my DD. Are these still holding up for you guys?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fazz73jr
I think I'm going to get one of these for my DD. Are these still holding up for you guys?
Chandler blows. Read this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...l-car-fix.html
Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Fazz73jr
The one I bought is doing well.

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Are you really this much of a tool bag?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4

Are you really this much of a tool bag?
Apparently. Did you read the thread and all the bullshit about them?
Old 12-28-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Yeah I get it, but I dont jump on the bandwagon of bashing toolbags. I know plenty about the Chandler opti, I bought one, its in a 93 Z that's used as a DD. The failure rates YOU quote are wrong. You lie and expect everyone to believe your BS. I know about how many Chandlers have come back. And while 100% may not still be inservice, the actual failure rate is very acceptable given the initial price/warranty on the unit. It reminds me of people who claim Snap on are the only tools that will go in their tool box. Give me a break. Are Snap on tool superior to Harbor Freight? **** yeah they are. Are they worth the 5x the price. Well thats a matter of opinion, but to me they aren't.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently. Did you read the thread and all the bullshit about them?
I am not doubting their product because I have never used one, but I am very unhappy with what was written in that thread. I will resort to shopping elsewhere for an opti in the future.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yeah I get it, but I dont jump on the bandwagon of bashing toolbags. I know plenty about the Chandler opti, I bought one, its in a 93 Z that's used as a DD. The failure rates YOU quote are wrong. You lie and expect everyone to believe your BS. I know about how many Chandlers have come back. And while 100% may not still be inservice, the actual failure rate is very acceptable given the initial price/warranty on the unit. It reminds me of people who claim Snap on are the only tools that will go in their tool box. Give me a break. Are Snap on tool superior to Harbor Freight? **** yeah they are. Are they worth the 5x the price. Well thats a matter of opinion, but to me they aren't.
I admire your commitment to Chandler, I really do.

But you CANNOT deny the fact that Chandler, Allignition, etc., and all of these other budget optisparks have a failure rate HIGHER than an AC Delco. It's simply NOT disputable. I'm not just relaying internet bullshit either - two of my real-world friends have tried them and have had them fail within a few months. Guess what? They replaced them with AC Delco units and all is well.

You get what you pay for. I'm not jumping on ANY bandwagon...but when a site sponsor trashes an online community and puts out a mediocre product with crap customer service, it doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and cozy inside.

Happy holidays!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel dumber now, for having read your link.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Its not always true Joe, I had a brand new Delco blow up on me after a couple hundred miles and had others last for yrs without issues. If delcos didnt have issues the entire opti debate would never exist. They work awesome, when they do work.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

I've got about 1500 miles on my Chandler Opti and haven't had any problems with it. If it goes out in the next few months, I might feel differently, but I'm satisfied for now. I rev it to about 6000 or so.

Some people may have the passion for cars/motors/racing but have other obligations with their budget. I personally thought it was worth the $ since I could return it if it fails with in a year.

Like Chandler said you could have 95 customers with positive reviews of your product and 5 with negative, but our society only reads the negative ones. When a product works like it's supposed to, people don't go around the internet praising the vendor, but when it doesn't work, you hear all about it.

But, I guess I'm one of those "cheap people" that's part of the problem, so who needs my input anyway.

Quick Reply: got my opti from chandler motorsports