LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

got my opti from chandler motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had actually thought about buying a couple of these and tossing them on the shelf just to have them on hand. Pretty good price for a product that seems to hold up just as well as the competitors.........
Old 06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Teching In

i bought one and have about 3000 miles on it. now it's missing and i have narrowed it down to the opti (chandlers). i purchased the opti in FEB. they told me to box it up send them the shipping tracking # and they would have me another one on the way! awsome customer service and quick response!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I like Chandler's style. In this post from November he talks about his $90.00 optis vs. Ignition DK, AIP, cheap asian units, etc.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ebay-opti.html

Seems the $90.00 units are pretty much identical to the Accel. The arrival of the newer offering of lifetime MSD-esque unit for around $115.00 is probably the reason he didn't quit selling optis altogether as he stated was his intent back in Nov. Common sense, no bullshit operator. Gets my vote...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
No it wouldnt. He is a member of about 50 forums and is going to be a sponsor on a few here shortly. He is working on a revision of the opti thats gonna be even better then this one. He told me himself. After the newest version is up and running, thats when he will look into sponsorships. If he was a sponsor, he would be here for support of the product before and after the sale. Plus, he would sell quite a few through here causing price to go down. Maybe even some group purchases or holiday specials. Think positive.
Thanks for the recommendation man! It took a while to get all the stuff off my desk to get around to getting on here and some of the other forums. Its been so long, what is your eBay user ID? I'll send you a cap and rotor to keep on the shelf.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Chandler cap and rotor...great price and nice quality...

Seems to be a great bang for the buck!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Thanks for the recommendation man! It took a while to get all the stuff off my desk to get around to getting on here and some of the other forums. Its been so long, what is your eBay user ID? I'll send you a cap and rotor to keep on the shelf.
Awesome!, glad to see you finally made it over, "officially"
Old 08-24-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Resident

Group purchase?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah if we could do a group purchase price of some sort that would be awesome. I would keep one on the shelf for a replacement!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

A group purchase would be really cool, I'm pretty sure mine went out.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

I might be able to do one on 1104032, we might be a little overstocked right now. 10457702s I could not GP as we barely have enough to meet demand. The problem is we're already selling them at $89.99 and discounting them for forum members 5% on top of that.

Not much room to move on that. I could always bump it up to $150 and GP it for $89.99!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Launching!

This thread convinced me to give the Chandler opti a shot rather than paying $400 to GM. Any truth to the comment of a new design, just curious which one I might be getting. I ordered the non-vented 10457702.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by garage_queen
This thread convinced me to give the Chandler opti a shot rather than paying $400 to GM. Any truth to the comment of a new design, just curious which one I might be getting. I ordered the non-vented 10457702.
Its in its 3rd revision. Is it anything actually different than the GM design ultimately? No. But like I said, its as good as it gets for the aftermarket unit. I would put this unit right up to the MSD, Accel, Cardone, Delphi etc etc any day of the week.

The Delco? Not so much. Its got the mitsu sensor, its the ONLY unit with it. There are however many sellers claiming theirs have it.

You would be Richard I presume? Its on its way, expect it in 3-5 business days.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill just add, that Chandler Motorsports has the BEST customer service out of any parts place I have dealt with. Getting my replacement opti was very quick and easy and took 1 email lol
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its in its 3rd revision. Is it anything actually different than the GM design ultimately? No. But like I said, its as good as it gets for the aftermarket unit. I would put this unit right up to the MSD, Accel, Cardone, Delphi etc etc any day of the week.

The Delco? Not so much. Its got the mitsu sensor, its the ONLY unit with it. There are however many sellers claiming theirs have it.

THIS, is why I suggested Nick become a sponsor. I do believe you get what you pay for, however, when you're educated on the subject, you can tell when you are paying too much and getting nothing extra.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Thanks, yes this is Rick. Hopefully it shows up before the weekend so I can it installed. Question.....as you may be aware, allot of people believe it's necessary to open the cap and loc-tite the rotor screws and put a little silicone around the cap where it meets the body. Do you feel this is necessary or beneficial for your units.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by garage_queen
Thanks, yes this is Rick. Hopefully it shows up before the weekend so I can it installed. Question.....as you may be aware, allot of people believe it's necessary to open the cap and loc-tite the rotor screws and put a little silicone around the cap where it meets the body. Do you feel this is necessary or beneficial for your units.

Thanks
I'm torn on it really. I think ideally the best bet is to run the units stock and replace the cap and rotor every 30-60K depending on driving habits, sooner given the low cost of replacements.

I honestly don't know what the internal "torque" which I put in quotes since its just screws are of the internal parts. So I feel like people have a tendency to possibly over-tighten. That and the screws aren't really designed to be taken in and out of the unit, the factory manufacturers them with the idea that people will just run them stock.

I also feel like while it might prevent the screws from blowing out, it won't stop a full blown rotor failure.

Cap and rotor replacements are designed to reset the clock on worrying about rotor failure, and they're cheap! Your other main worry is moisture. I just posted an opti preservation thread which should clear all that up. Should help people get more mileage out of their stock units.

Costing myself sales
Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^yeah but earning loyal customers at the same time so its all good
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Thanks Nick, I think I'm still inclined to put a little blue "insurance" on the rotor screws. If you told me that you already did this for your units I wouldn't worry about it. It's just too common of an occurrence and one I have personally experienced in the past.

Does this modification have any impact on the warranty of the product?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by xdanny510x
What color threadlock do u guys use when yall install the opti blue or red?
Wait for it....
Old 08-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

well, i just placed my order.... my waterpump has been leaking and i'm quite sure the former owner never did a tuneup on the car so i guess it's time to just do it all in one shot. although most people to stay with oem parts i thought i would give this a shot

Quick Reply: got my opti from chandler motorsports