LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My LTX Shootout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95z28onjuice
wow this is a great read...... 6.50 thats great
Yes yes it is!!!!! BTW I dont understand the negative comments. Gizmo has gone 6.50 which IMO is killer. We should feel lucky he shares any of this with us!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
It's OK, I forgive you.

I'd be pissed too if my solid roller, big *** 396 stroker only ran 12's.

Look on the bright side, there's always nitrous - then you can pretend to be fast and act like you know what you are talking about even more.
You should have let Craig spec you a cam for those heads. At least you are only half retarded. Good luck on your deep 10's.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
You should have let Craig spec you a cam for those heads. At least you are only half retarded. Good luck on your deep 10's.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
It's OK, I forgive you.

I'd be pissed too if my solid roller, big *** 396 stroker only ran 12's.

Look on the bright side, there's always nitrous - then you can pretend to be fast and act like you know what you are talking about even more.
LOL!!!!!!!

Back on topic.......

GIZMO's car is a BEAST any way you want to slice it. We should all just face the facts that if we put our motors into GIZMO's chassis, we'd run a second faster than we do now, some of us maybe 2 seconds faster. Give the man some credit for setting up his car to be damn near perfect for the track. Of course he's not going to tell us everything, and why should he? At least he's representing the LT1 crowd!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by joelster
LOL!!!!!!!

Back on topic.......
Right. You have tons of room to "LOL!!!!!" Hush up now. It took your clapped out turd weight reduction, running in Canada and a single plane to finally wake up that hodge podge setup?

BACK ON TOPIC.

GIZMO is fantastic. I like what he's done with helping kids and the cars he's involved with. I'm sure it's a blast teaching and being that involved with car projects, however typing out of both sides depending on the topic sometimes deserves attention. One thread the car is an intricate piece of magic making machinery and another thread it's just a stock car with nothing special done. That's all. No need to get undies all tied up in a knot or gnash the teeth.

Last edited by SS RRR; 08-26-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right. You have tons of room to "LOL!!!!!" Hush up now. It took your clapped out turd weight reduction and a single plane to finally wake up that hodge podge setup?

BACK ON TOPIC.

GIZMO is fantastic. I like what he's done with helping kids and the cars he's involved with. I'm sure it's a blast teaching and being that involved with car projects, however typing out of both sides depending on the topic sometimes deserves attention. One thread the car is an intricate piece of magic making machinery and another thread it's just a stock car with nothing special done. That's all. No need to get undies all tied up in a knot or gnash the teeth.
Still seems like theres a littlle animosity in these comments, before I get cut up, ill be the first to admit my car is a turd.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new LT4 is finished and will be delivered tonight! Shame I won't be home until Wednesday.

I can't remember ever saying that my cars are anything other than well built. Maybe a link should be posted? As far as the motors go, I have a bunch of them from mild to wild.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Village Troll

I heart you, GIZMO. I really really do!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heart you, GIZMO. I really really do!
I'm glad you finally came out of the closet!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

u guys are nuts lol.......well on the topic of the shootout.......got my converter in a fixed i drove it around last night.....what a difference!!!!! track for last minute testing and tuning this weekend.....cant wait to see what she does.....im excited for Beech bend too its close now only 10 days!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Right. You have tons of room to "LOL!!!!!" Hush up now. It took your clapped out turd weight reduction, running in Canada and a single plane to finally wake up that hodge podge setup?

BACK ON TOPIC.
LMAO, running in Canada? Um when? I ran there ONCE in 2006, and ran 12.4's. Is the air better in Canada or something? I don't see your point. I ran 11.7's at nyirp (now Empire Dragway) in 2007. Sorry my "clapped out turd" is almost a full second faster right now (11.1's-11.2's) than your 396 solid roller AI motored beast. I can only imagine how much money you have in that motor and how pissed you must be, lol. You should be embarassed about your cars performance, I would. Don't you know how to go down a track yet? Did you know there is a Drag Racing Tech section on here? You should spend some time in there so your car can back up the crap that comes out of your mouth. You run your mouth all over this board and offer your $.02 when your car runs with bolt-on cars, and stock cars on a 150 shot. Yes my "hodge podge setup" is not something I would recommend to anyone, but my car runs some good numbers unlike yours. Next on my list is a cylinder head swap to get the compression up to where it should be. Then some mid/high 10's. You'd need a 200 shot to see a 10, LMFAO!

You are so 2 faced when you talk about GIZMO. You slam him on some topics and praise him on others. He doesn't owe you anything. He doesn't need to fess up about anything in his car, how much he paid, or any little tricks he has up his sleeve. He is 2 steps ahead of everyone and 10 steps ahead of you. Be thankful that he comes on here telling anything at all. I certainly appreciate what he's done.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Village Troll

joelster,

You are a jackwagon. You can try to figure out why, but I believe it is hopeless. "11.1's-11.2's..." So which is it? You're not sure? I mean you should have a timeslip stating either 11.1's or 11.2's, right, or is it you have yet to run Clapped and Hacked on a 1/4mi track? LOL... silly ricer. Good luck with Clapped and Hacked. May your internet promises come true!
You know nothing about GIZMO and I. We are on IM and chat all the time. We are buds. Of course he's going to deny it because he's embarrassed, but he really does like me. Do you have anything else to bitch about?

P.S. I have no AI parts on my car. More like LE and G2 and MTI and CPR and whatever else you want it to be. The car only runs 12.5's too. It's sad.

Last edited by SS RRR; 08-26-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

You know nothing about GIZMO and I. We are on IM and chat all the time. We are buds. Of course he's going to deny it because he's embarrassed, but he really does like me.
That would is a false statement.

You need to walk softly SS RRR.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by GIZMO
That would is a false statement.

You need to walk softly SS RRR.
What? Why are you being this way, GIZZY? Don't be mad.
We'll chat later, mkay?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Great work Giz !

One of these days Ill get to meet all you fine people at the shoot out!!!!!!!........................................ .............................Whenever they decide to bring it to Texas LOL Well the Houston area that is. Texas is HUGE !!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by djjab57
Great work Giz !

One of these days Ill get to meet all you fine people at the shoot out!!!!!!!........................................ .............................Whenever they decide to bring it to Texas LOL Well the Houston area that is. Texas is HUGE !!!
That's after they bring it to South Florida
Old 08-31-2010, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Too bad all the BS in this thread Darren.

Hopefully all is well with Gump and the motor will be in soon.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
Too bad all the BS in this thread Darren.

Hopefully all is well with Gump and the motor will be in soon.
It's all cool with me. If all goes well, I will be leaving Syracuse in the morning for NC. The plan is to change the motor, transmission, and slicks on Thursday!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Switched the slicks to C0-6 compound, light weight, 30" x 9" Hoosiers (from C0-7 30" x 9" Hoosiers).

Now it's time to jerk this out!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

But that looks so clean !

Quick Reply: My LTX Shootout Thread