LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Jet DST Tutorial?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClovisAutoMotion
You said you have a 96?

Did you pull that .bin file from you ecm using the JET Flash utility?

Now that I'm at my laptop the correct JET spark table names are Main spark Advance vs Map vs RPM and Extended Spark advance vs Map vs RPM. The %Change to Fuel table should be the 10th table down, which isn't listed in your picture. IF you downloaded that .bin from your PCM then you have a software/hardware issue that is corrupting the file and could lead to disaterous problems if you contiune.
no that was a sample.jcl file that came with it. I'm sending back my JST DST to Jet since it is not giving me Hardware error and codes and they want me to send it back to them.

I guess for different PCM they have different tables so for that sample jcl file DSt came with it shows different tables compared to Fbody PCMs.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JB_97ws6TA
if you go onto the monodax forums and go into the file exchange, download a stock file for the correct year/trans and start playing with that
Okay I just did that and wow it shows the correct tables with a stock Cal file from monodax. Thanks for the info, I will start studying those tables.

What tables would I have to tune and touch for Fuel/table for Idle/cruise and part throttle driving to lean it out a bit for better mpg?

Last edited by kaganader; 08-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Bumpp
Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xBRadX
FYI, I also recently bought Jet DST and tried to get the MXScan, because about a month earlier when I was doing research, MXScan was available for $69. After I bought the DST, I found out that MXScan was no longer available. I sent an email to Moates support asking them if there was a way to enable it, and included my checksum number (you can still download the software and generate the checksum, you just can't enable it without a key). I finally got a response from them with an activation key...for free!! They don't sell it anymore because people were reporting so many bugs with it, but apparently they will give it away now. It works for me, and a lot of the bugs people hit seem to revolve around the usb-serial adapters. The keyspan mentioned earlier in this thread is they type recommended by the guy who wrote MXScan.

Quick Reply: Jet DST Tutorial?