LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No crank. Have spark and fuel psi

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New coil made no difference.

I'm basically down to either my new opti being bad, or the timing chain jumped a tooth.

With the old opti it wasn't starting or backfiring. With the new one it's backfiring and barely idling for a few seconds.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
New coil made no difference.

I'm basically down to either my new opti being bad, or the timing chain jumped a tooth.

With the old opti it wasn't starting or backfiring. With the new one it's backfiring and barely idling for a few seconds.
You still have the opti in wrong trust me. If it tries to start then back fires you are not lined up when you put in the opti. Its still way out of time and likely firing WAY retarded if its trying to run at a very low rpm then backfiring.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Enforcerws6
You still have the opti in wrong trust me. If it tries to start then back fires you are not lined up when you put in the opti. Its still way out of time and likely firing WAY retarded if its trying to run at a very low rpm then backfiring.
How many ways can an opti go in on a 94 model?
I'm halfway wondering if the end of my cam is screwd up from the last owner installing two different optisparks. Everything he touched on the car I've had to go back and fix
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I finally got some time to really look at the car and found the problem. I found the massive amounts of electrical tape on my wires going to the icm and coil to be suspicious and ripped it out. I found all of those wires to be charred and only two or three strands of copper were left inone of the icm wires. After some redneck engineering I got the car running so I have pinpointed the problem.

Now I just got to find where I can get new pigtails for my icm and coil. What sponser on here carries some? I need the older style with one wire going to the black plug on the coil. All I see on efi connections Is the newer two wire plug.

Quick Reply: No crank. Have spark and fuel psi