LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Long tube header pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long tube header pictures

Anyone have any LT pictures? And how hard is the install? Whats involved?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a search. https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...r-install.html
Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Launching!

its not that hard i put mine in from the top and i heard it was imposible...lol but its easy from the bottom..lol
Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it took me about 3 days working an hour here and an hour there. its a PITA but its worth it trust me. With mine the hard part was getting the stock carp off.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Launching!

i'll have some pictures soon hopefully!

i didn't do it myself nor did i want to do it myself. exhaust was all rusted at the flanges etc., some of the head bolts were frozen, and just having to take every damn accessory off made me take it to my mechanic. guy is a customer of my dad's he's known forever so i think it's worth it to pay to have it done right.

doing otvc plugs and wires, doing the poly motor mount inserts, recharging the ac that he had to disconnect, oil change and so on...totalled to about 750.

and it's done right and it sounds nice and plenty of fresh parts all around.

he ran into so many things. he had to disconnect the power steering (something i've never read about on write ups oddly enough) and had no trouble with the dipstick apparently, like i see in write ups.

it boils down to this. every car is different. mine was more of a pita than others have been. if you've never done this sort of thing before and don't know anyone that has, get someone else to do it. i don't mind paying the coin to know it was done right. i would not take it to just anyone though and like i said this guy is a friend. i've heard of people going to places like mt. airy performance or other speed shops around here and they quote 1000-1200.

also if he didn't run into any problems he was going to do it for a lot less, so i just got unlucky.

like i said ymmv.

Quick Reply: Long tube header pictures