LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Bolt on only heads up style class at the 2011 LTXshootout?
YES! i think thats a great idea!
89.74%
NO! waste of time no one will show!
2.56%
who cares?
3.85%
camaroracing12 stfu and stop posting garbage like this!
3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

New class proposal for 2011 ltxshootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it Tony I'd def be right behind ya getting my car ready to go!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
I think if you start getting TOO many separate classes it will be very hard....

I think a bolt on heads up class with a min weight would be ideal....

where is 2011 shoot out gonna be?
Its not official but last ive read its gonna be at Bowling Green KY again.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KLaBZ28
I like it Tony I'd def be right behind ya getting my car ready to go!
hell ya man im already doing roll call for next year for new england........me u and tony so far hopefully.......id love to see a group of new england cars take the trek down with me this year!!!!! iits a great time!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to beg borrow and steal to make it to this event and the WCF at MIR next season.

tony i understand what your talking about people backing out at the last minute. i will be the first to say years back i said i was going to attend but fell short on funds and time as the date neared. (full time college student) but adding this class would only up car counts. by how much? no one knows for sure but the fact is by adding this one extra heads up style class it will change that trend u mentioned before guranteed.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
I think it is a great idea but let me throw something out there.

2008 shootout. We had 52 cars
2009 shootout. We had 46 cars
2010 Shootout. We had 40 cars

Does this look like a trend?
Follows the country's GNP decline? :think:

Certainly indicative of the state of the economy for most...with recovery in full swing now, it will still be a year or two before most folks have the disposable income to make the trek again.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
8 Second Club

If we added this class we would need to delete a class we already have. The B-body guys are also wanting us to add a class or two for them. We only have 8 hours in the track rental to get all this done. This past event we ended dead nuts at 8 hours. Actually went over a tad bit. If we keep adding classes not sure how we could fit it in. Maybe I can talk the track into letting us rent it for 10 hours?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:48 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Follows the country's GNP decline? :think:

Certainly indicative of the state of the economy for most...with recovery in full swing now, it will still be a year or two before most folks have the disposable income to make the trek again.
Good point. The interest is huge every year but the turnout is low.

The president of the B-Body club sent me a message wanting to have their gathering in conjuntion with the shootout. He said that would bring 50-75 more cars alone. Something to think about as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Having this on the same side of the country every year also limits things. I'd go if it were closer.

I know it'll never happen because the organizers/Tony are not on this side, but with it biased to that side of the country you are cutting off half the competition.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Having this on the same side of the country every year also limits things. I'd go if it were closer.

I know it'll never happen because the organizers/Tony are not on this side, but with it biased to that side of the country you are cutting off half the competition.
Funny you say that. My trip was almost 14 hours one way this last event.

If you do not remember we had it in the MIDDLE of the country the first two years at (KCIR) and not one person from the west showed up. Plenty from the South, North, and East.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

My apologizes tony i was unaware that the track set an actual time limit on the rental. I was jus throwing the idea out there. I was unaware of the event details. Id still love to see it happen. I think substituting this class for the index class would be perfect and keep the open bracket class and the guys that get knocked out of this class early automatically get put into the bracket class. If ur saying you barely finished the race in 8 hours last year with 40 cars how do u expect to finish in time with double or more then double the cars? Kinda a double edged sword, wanting high car counts but worried about finishing the event in 8 hours. I think the only option is to ask the track for a longer block of time, if its possible of course. A two or 3 day event would cool
Old 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

GMHTP did Vacuum test to determine if it was within range, not sure if that is a catch all for some of the 'tricks' that can be done....because we know I would win this class, LMAO
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

this would be a good idea
Old 11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
GMHTP did Vacuum test to determine if it was within range, not sure if that is a catch all for some of the 'tricks' that can be done....because we know I would win this class, LMAO
Not if i have something to do with it
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am a little under the gun....dont even have a car....
Old 11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
I am a little under the gun....dont even have a car....
Hahaha i know! I was gonna say that! Lol ur a lsx lover boy nowadays! Lol j.p shon lol
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
My apologizes tony i was unaware that the track set an actual time limit on the rental. I was jus throwing the idea out there. I was unaware of the event details. Id still love to see it happen. I think substituting this class for the index class would be perfect and keep the open bracket class and the guys that get knocked out of this class early automatically get put into the bracket class. If ur saying you barely finished the race in 8 hours last year with 40 cars how do u expect to finish in time with double or more then double the cars? Kinda a double edged sword, wanting high car counts but worried about finishing the event in 8 hours. I think the only option is to ask the track for a longer block of time, if its possible of course. A two or 3 day event would cool
We had 7 classes with people runnin more than one class. Yes we only had 40 cars but most ran two classes so that makes the classes full. You can guess around 70 cars racing total (some count as two). It was nice having a small amount of time between rounds instead of hot lapping.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
We had 7 classes with people runnin more than one class. Yes we only had 40 cars but most ran two classes so that makes the classes full. You can guess around 70 cars racing total (some count as two). It was nice having a small amount of time between rounds instead of hot lapping.
thats true i didnt think of that. if this class does happen i would run this and brackets.

i think substituting this for the index class could be feasable. it would just take some effort on creating rules for the class and enforcing them
Old 11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWHO

Location is something no one will ever come into an agreement. Of course we all don't want to drive 8-12 hours. In the end It boils down to if u really want it. Me and my gf drove 12 from Oklahoma and budgeted 500 dollars to get us there and back with food and hotel expenses ect...

Ill for sure make it again next year u can count on that!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R3DLT1
Location is something no one will ever come into an agreement. Of course we all don't want to drive 8-12 hours.
Agreed, and I'd be fine with 12 hours. From Southern California it's more like 2.75 days pulling a trailer.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

i cant vote

Quick Reply: New class proposal for 2011 ltxshootout