LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single Plane intake which elbow do I use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He also showed me another cool trick. He had 12 bolts in both his camaro and his 57 (which also ran a bbc). He had a notebook with all sorts of information logged in it about tune ups specs, etc. as well as a few pages just for rearend specs. He had taken the time to set up both housings with each of several different posi & gear ratios he had accumulated over the years. He had recorded the pinion and carrier shim thicknesses needed to set up 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 4.11, and 4.56 in both cars. He kept the ring gears bolted to the posi units, and the pinion gears & solid crush sleeves stored with them, and all his shims with his homemade tool for holding the pinion while tightening the nut. He could look at his notes and swap gears and carriers in one of those cars in about the same time it takes someone to swap a 9" chunk. He said he could do it quicker than them. LOL It is also cheaper than having a seperate 9" pumpkin set-up for people who want to swap from street to strip. No 2nd nodular case, pinion support, etc. I wish I could have spent more time learning from him. He is in his 70's now and doesn't do a whole lot anymore. The camaro is gone and the 57 is sitting up mostly.

Quick Reply: Single Plane intake which elbow do I use?