So tired of opti, sell car or fix.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
Last i read Chandler's service has gone Tit's up
http://ltxtech.com/forums/content.ph...age=2#comments
Thats shitty when he first became a sponsor he was helpful and always posting i wonder what happened
Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the typical LT1 owner these days. All they care about is how cheap something is.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got tired of dealing with the opti and traded for a LS1. I hated doing it because I really like the sound, torque and most importantly, the looks of the LT1 over the LS1, but I REALLY like to drive my car, more or less, relatively worry free. I had several optis go out; some I replaced, some replaced by pros and the result was the same - any water and it was kaput. I ended up never driving it if rain was in the forecast and never far from home. The most I got out of one was the last one - 6k miles but I drove through a puddle, it started to stutter and I said enough is enough, even though it was fine after it dried out.

I was going to do the efi24x mod - even bought coils to start - but then I looked at the cost, plus the fact that the car had a few other issues, and it just didn't make sense financially, especially when I found a dealer to trade me for a LS1.

It's a shame because I really loved that car - much more so than my new LS1, but it was just too unreliable. I don't race so even though my LS1 is noticeably faster and smoother than my old LT1, there was just "something" about the LT1 I preferred.

If anyone comes up with a cost effective and reliable opti replacement, I swear I'd get another one, but for now, I'm sticking with the LS1.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Can you guys please stop posting ltxtech stuff? We sent them $30 with the intention of being a sponsor there and we never even got started. We are an established and reputable sponsor on sites 20 times the size of that site.

Every single post we've made on the 3 or 4 forums we're on states to use customerservice@chandlermotorsports.com for any problems for off site ordering and eBay messages through eBay.

We honor our warranties are returns and to say our service has gone "**** up" is ridiculous. If you think that is true you can warranty and take the returns and exchanges on our units, its not cheap. It takes a real stand up seller to have someone contact you 2 years later and warranty a part with a lifetime warranty. Don't believe me? Try to get anyone else to honor their warranty on an aftermarket optispark unit. Good luck sir.

Use the email address below and eBay messages and you won't have a problem. Any time someone says they "can't get a hold of us" they're not following directions. This is a small company, we don't have a legion of phone operators standing by in India.

But the posts about ltx tech are really getting on my nerves since this guy messages me for 3 weeks to be a sponsor and then doesn't have the decency to even point out to use the email or eBay messaging that are listed in the posts. Any forum worth their salt would instruct their users to use the recommended contact methods, not to use the forum as a dumping ground for complains. Frankly if you want to talk about bad business or **** up service, that guys forum is a great example. We log onto the forums about once a week to respond to keywords like opti, optispark etc. If you want to wait a week at a time for a response then posting on the forum is a great way to do that. But we have 30-50 customers a day to take care of through the regular email, ebay & phone setups. We have orders to ship out, returns to handle, warranties etc. Someone ranting on a forum does not take priority over customers that follow directions.

I'd like to see that guy service 25,000 satisfactory orders. Please, enough with the LTX tech garbage. We're on REAL reputable forums and respected. This site gets probably 100-200 times the traffic. Enough! Please, its wearing me out reading this stuff about a forum that makes up about 5% of the lt1 community.

This is obviously a venting post, but its really getting annoying and I'm going to have to talk to this guy and get it straightened out because honestly I feel wronged by him. I would never expect such a brash handling of a new forum sponsor from a place like this for camaroz28 or any other established well run forum. Its not because they are "coddling the sponsors" or anything like that, its just a simple fact that for every 100 sales, the 95 successful ones, maybe 1 person says "THANKS THAT WAS GREAT!" and then the 5 bad ones go to every single forum and tell their story.

We have been on eBay a top rated seller for the whole entire year of 2010 sans January (many sellers lose TRS in January due to Christmas shipping delays out of their control). That means less than POINT 5% yes, .5% of our buyers left low dsr ratings. Out of 25000 transactions, that is 125 unsatisfied people. That is astronomically low. On eBay, the number of sellers that are top rated is between 5-10%. So if you think our service is bad, I've got news for you, at another company you stand about a 90-95% chance of having worse service.

I'm going to go drink egg nog now and be merry!

Last edited by ChandlerMotorsports; 12-23-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I like turtles
Old 12-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

well, I'm surprised by the varying opinions, and agree that I like the LT1 better than the LS1, regarding the torque, sound, and low end, especially with a higher stall & gears. Other than the opti, the car runs great, and I beat it to death. Both my TA's have the same exact flowmaster muffler only, and the LT1 sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. I think I will keep the car, fix the opti, and upgrade to 410's. Anyone have an opinion on 373's vs 410's for an A4 ?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

373 are the trend for autos
Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

long live the opti...373 for an auto?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Can you guys please stop posting ltxtech stuff? We sent them $30 with the intention of being a sponsor there and we never even got started. We are an established and reputable sponsor on sites 20 times the size of that site.
**** you. so what of those other 20 sites r for nothing else but LT1s? you lost alot of business when you did what you did
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
**** you. so what of those other 20 sites r for nothing else but LT1s? you lost alot of business when you did what you did
exactly long live the LTx long live the opti
Old 12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Seriously chandler?

Your company has failed selling LT1 parts on LT1 sites because of you how two failed at running the company. Don't talk big if you cannot deliver.

I don't care how cheap your price was, your optis arent that great anyways, your customer service is miserable. People are better off going to advance auto parts spend a few extra bucks to have a lifetime warranty opti and never have to worry about e-mailing about questions or concerns. We can call them anytime and speak to an actual person. Your phone line is a joke and a waste of time.

Seriously people the cardone selects from advance is a great choice. You still get a lifetime warranty. Yes they are like $50 more but you won't have to wait for shipping, and if it ever fails you don't have to wait at least a week to send it off and then receive a new one.
Advance auto also doesn't ask for your VIN number to make sure your not cheating them.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports

Every single post we've made on the 3 or 4 forums we're on states to use customerservice@chandlermotorsports.com for any problems for off site ordering and eBay messages through eBay.

We honor our warranties are returns and to say our service has gone "**** up" is ridiculous. If you think that is true you can warranty and take the returns and exchanges on our units, its not cheap. It takes a real stand up seller to have someone contact you 2 years later and warranty a part with a lifetime warranty. Don't believe me? Try to get anyone else to honor their warranty on an aftermarket optispark unit. Good luck sir.

Use the email address below and eBay messages and you won't have a problem. Any time someone says they "can't get a hold of us" they're not following directions. This is a small company, we don't have a legion of phone operators standing by in India.

But the posts about ltx tech are really getting on my nerves since this guy messages me for 3 weeks to be a sponsor and then doesn't have the decency to even point out to use the email or eBay messaging that are listed in the posts. Any forum worth their salt would instruct their users to use the recommended contact methods, not to use the forum as a dumping ground for complains. Frankly if you want to talk about bad business or **** up service, that guys forum is a great example. We log onto the forums about once a week to respond to keywords like opti, optispark etc. If you want to wait a week at a time for a response then posting on the forum is a great way to do that. But we have 30-50 customers a day to take care of through the regular email, ebay & phone setups. We have orders to ship out, returns to handle, warranties etc. Someone ranting on a forum does not take priority over customers that follow directions.

I'd like to see that guy service 25,000 satisfactory orders. Please, enough with the LTX tech garbage. We're on REAL reputable forums and respected. This site gets probably 100-200 times the traffic. Enough! Please, its wearing me out reading this stuff about a forum that makes up about 5% of the lt1 community.

This is obviously a venting post, but its really getting annoying and I'm going to have to talk to this guy and get it straightened out because honestly I feel wronged by him. I would never expect such a brash handling of a new forum sponsor from a place like this for camaroz28 or any other established well run forum. Its not because they are "coddling the sponsors" or anything like that, its just a simple fact that for every 100 sales, the 95 successful ones, maybe 1 person says "THANKS THAT WAS GREAT!" and then the 5 bad ones go to every single forum and tell their story.

We have been on eBay a top rated seller for the whole entire year of 2010 sans January (many sellers lose TRS in January due to Christmas shipping delays out of their control). That means less than POINT 5% yes, .5% of our buyers left low dsr ratings. Out of 25000 transactions, that is 125 unsatisfied people. That is astronomically low. On eBay, the number of sellers that are top rated is between 5-10%. So if you think our service is bad, I've got news for you, at another company you stand about a 90-95% chance of having worse service.

I'm going to go drink egg nog now and be merry!
FWIW , LTX.com is Home base IMO for us LT1's,@ LS1tech LT1 owners are Treated like the redheaded step child.. so i don't see pulling out as a sponsor when we need your support as we grow there as good for business..don't get me wrong i am just a member there not in administration so IMHO ...when some one types LT1 in google and knows nothing about LS1 where do you think they will go?

FWIW, i wasnt starting a CMS hate thread...Merry Christmas CMS & Everybody

FWIW i Bought the Advanced Auto PArts $220 "Cardone Select" 8months and around 6,000miles ago and give it regular work outs ....
As always Seal Cap and Locktite rotor screws FTW

Much love for those out there striving to keep us LT1's roll'n
Michael
Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Teching In

as the man said he's real busy with returns and warrantie's,,guess that says it all doesnt it?
my friends you get what you pay for,,there are just some things that arent a bargain no matter what the price

obviously the return/warranty process is meant to be a hassle on purpose to keep most from even bothering

ill go cheap on alot of stuff but never with opti's,,my car is 14 yrs old and has its 2nd opti which has 6 yrs and 20k miles,,im pro acdelco all the way
Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

LTX tech is the best LT1 forum on the internet.

Ive had a 93 95 and a 96 all with stock 100k mile opti's daily driven year around in the rain, snow, puddles, heat, whatever.....never had a problem. I hope this doesnt gynx me but I think the whole opti thing is blown out of porportion.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
I think the whole opti thing is blown out of porportion.
x 2 As long as the learned precautionary installation steps are followed as mentioned above, plus the weep hole mod.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JwMonE99
Seriously chandler?

Your company has failed selling LT1 parts on LT1 sites because of you how two failed at running the company. Don't talk big if you cannot deliver.

I don't care how cheap your price was, your optis arent that great anyways, your customer service is miserable. People are better off going to advance auto parts spend a few extra bucks to have a lifetime warranty opti and never have to worry about e-mailing about questions or concerns. We can call them anytime and speak to an actual person. Your phone line is a joke and a waste of time.

Seriously people the cardone selects from advance is a great choice. You still get a lifetime warranty. Yes they are like $50 more but you won't have to wait for shipping, and if it ever fails you don't have to wait at least a week to send it off and then receive a new one.
Advance auto also doesn't ask for your VIN number to make sure your not cheating them.
Do you work at autozone or something to advertise there product just asking.. From a small business owner like myself it kills me when a person and or people like yourself cuts down a company for doing something of his caliper. Your right, you can't please everyone some you just have to say, " Thanks for trying our product, good look with the next one". The problem i have is when you degrade a company for the one misunderstanding or problem you personally had for what ever reason, then you go throwing there name in the mud to get everyone else that has had a good outcome or was thinking of buying from them a sour feeling. In other words i want you to put yourself in his shoes and you know this is the only way you feed your family and some jack *** is taking food out of your kids mouths and you cant explain to them why they cant have what they use to..be a man for a second and think that way, than see why he writes the way he does when he responds to some comments he sees. sorry had to get that out and Merry Christmas to all lol.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by trex600450
Yes, its called rain and water puddles. The car ran great for about 2 years, better than the LS1, with the mods of course. I've had the car about 10 or 11 years. But a puddle I went thru in a parking lot was deeper than I thought, it stalled immediately, drove home fine, then a few days later, the same symptoms. I also have a dodge ram that plows thru puddles like a boat. No problems ever....... Is it possible to keep the car and eliminate the opti all together, maybe even a naturally aspirated 350, with a standard distributor ? Car is way quick from a red light or so........I will miss it, but what a headache.

Theres your problem stop driving through deep standing water and your problem will be solved. Ive had my car for a couple years now and had zero opti problems and it rains like a **** here at times! Hell we have had over 5inches since last friday.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by damn
Theres your problem stop driving through deep standing water and your problem will be solved. Ive had my car for a couple years now and had zero opti problems and it rains like a **** here at times! Hell we have had over 5inches since last friday.
Yep, I've taken my lowered B body though some deeep stuff. Many times water over the hood. And few misjudged puddles in which water actually came into the car. My opti hasn't missed a beat in over 80k miles... My first B body had opti issues. But for all I know the cap had come loose. Install it right and change it during its service intervals and you will not have an issue. After all it is a high voltage distributer. Just like all the others...
Attached Thumbnails So tired of opti, sell car or fix.-what-street.jpg  

Last edited by BlownEarDrums; 12-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old93camaro
Do you work at autozone or something to advertise there product just asking.. From a small business owner like myself it kills me when a person and or people like yourself cuts down a company for doing something of his caliper. Your right, you can't please everyone some you just have to say, " Thanks for trying our product, good look with the next one". The problem i have is when you degrade a company for the one misunderstanding or problem you personally had for what ever reason, then you go throwing there name in the mud to get everyone else that has had a good outcome or was thinking of buying from them a sour feeling. In other words i want you to put yourself in his shoes and you know this is the only way you feed your family and some jack *** is taking food out of your kids mouths and you cant explain to them why they cant have what they use to..be a man for a second and think that way, than see why he writes the way he does when he responds to some comments he sees. sorry had to get that out and Merry Christmas to all lol.

No I do not work for autozone nor advance auto.
I actually own my own business selling brand name parts. But I still decided to go to advance because they have good quality parts much less then parts I can sell such as MSD.

Also another thing to consider, even sealing the optis is not going to fix the DOA problems I have seen many time with chandlers.
If you go back to the LTxtech site you will see a numerous amounts of complaints about chandlers.
Therefore I am not basing my decision over a 1 time deal.
I am much more understanding then that because I too am in the business.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guys please use his email......
Old 12-24-2010, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Opti ftmfw!

Quick Reply: So tired of opti, sell car or fix.